Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2556
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    please no reference to the city as "the 6".....I don't think many people even know what it actually means, I myself had to look it up and when I saw what it was I thought any most cities then could just call them selfs by numbers, we don't call New York City "the 5" or London "the 50".
    Gosh you are old.

The 6

The 6ix

TO

To

The T-Dot

The 416

Metro

Call it whatever you want, I don't care.

Now, I do have a problem with people (including themselves) calling the Jays "the 6gods" - deities actually win a World Series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gosh you are old.

The 6

The 6ix

TO

To

The T-Dot

The 416

Metro

Call it whatever you want, I don't care.

Now, I do have a problem with people (including themselves) calling the Jays "the 6gods" - deities actually win a World Series.
    the 6gods??? oh Nooooooo its getting worse!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've definitely heard NY referred to as the 212 fwiw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also "Runnin through the 6ix with my woes" from Know Yourself.

It's more like a Drake thing though, it did put the city "on the map".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks weird on the West stand with the old mini roof over the box offices, now with a huge roof over top of the old roof and the box offices with a big gap between them, why would they leave it like that for the future? it does look weird. Either build some sort of back wall to close the roof in, or add more box offices to fill in the gap, jt just seems like a weird design to have that gap forever. Maybe next year? As for the South stand....that gap is huge and clearly looks like it will just be there so they can add temp seats in when needed, but looks to big to have permanent wall installed connecting the South stand roof to the actual stand below.
    They could put some sort of dividing wall in there that could be moved or removed to accommodate temp seating, I would think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please no reference to the city as "the 6".....I don't think many people even know what it actually means, I myself had to look it up and when I saw what it was I thought any most cities then could just call them selfs by numbers, we don't call New York City "the 5" or London "the 50".
    lol This is not logic; if it's legitimately made famous, by a trend-setting, culture-shifting native of Toronto, that puts on for us any chance he gets, I don't see what the Hell the fuss is.

Bit ironic, coming from someone who just told us all to calm down about our sacred home.

Also: the term "God," in this case, is closer to meaning "boss," than it is "deity."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stadium thread. Still going strong. Still not finished yet. But when it is there are soooo many off topic threads that could be started from referencing it.

The 6 - For or against?
    Gods vs gods - what do they mean?
    WC talk
    NFL talk

Blue seats and an Argos logo - is the threat real? That's on point.

Carry on, all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 6gods??? oh Nooooooo its getting worse!!!

The 6 is young people speak. Like T.dot or TO was at various times.

at least they aren't calling it Dirty Little York anymore.

It is not really a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey...got some pics last nite - construction gates were open...so i snuck in just under the north scoreboard...having trouble posting pics tho??

Help.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    Hey...got some pics last nite - construction gates were open...so i snuck in just under the north scoreboard...having trouble posting pics tho??

Help.....
    if you upload them to something like google photo, you'll be able to get a URL for the individual pics.
    and then use the "insert image" icon at the top of the Reply Box.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend with MLSE took these yesterday, gets you the sense of it under the lights.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I think the only Argos signage will be the end zones (which will be covered during TFC games), Argos logo at center (which hopefully is removable like the lines), and Banners that are removed when TFC Play.

My main concern is the pitch, quality of it and the lines (I do not want to see gridiron). Also concerned because this whole idea has hurt the footy fan in the GTA and may hurt soccer in Canada as well. A big step backward.
    I seem to remember a promise that there would be no logos painted onto the grass pitch, only lines (except on the artificial turf in the endzones, which would be covered for TFC games anyway).

Logos could be added digitally for TV Audience, but not painted on the grass, as they are harder to remove than simple white lines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those pics are the most flattering for the new set up I've seen yet. Seems more together from this angle. Most pics I see are sky pics or from the south end. The gap is obviously huge but if it manages anything sound-wise and keeps at least some rain and skin searing July sun off my head for a few hours then I'm good. Although the night matches help too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CB, thanks for sharing the pics.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for those.

Going to be interesting under the lights how much light gets up to the top of the East - might become like a "back of the theatre" place.

Nice to see the Grass is in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fantastic. So excited for some night games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics. Totally different perspective from the shots we have seen previous. Was hoping to see some from the south end too when I saw these posted but I guess with the construction still going on there may be some limited access. Will see it in person soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say this, it'll be ours.

No other stadium in the world looks like that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I seem to remember a promise that there would be no logos painted onto the grass pitch, only lines (except on the artificial turf in the endzones, which would be covered for TFC games anyway).

Logos could be added digitally for TV Audience, but not painted on the grass, as they are harder to remove than simple white lines.
    My understanding is just the 10 argo games that have committed to no logos for this season.
    There will be coloured sponsor logos for CFL playoff and grey cup games. The argos don't control these games i believe, even if they are in them and gain the profits from them. MLS season is most likely done by then in future, especially if they move to wednesday playoff games and no more away legs (single game elimination).

As well, this is my understanding how it works for Vancouver Whitecaps.
    Last edited by Onyx; 04-20-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics Red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I think the only Argos signage will be the end zones (which will be covered during TFC games), Argos logo at center (which hopefully is removable like the lines), and Banners that are removed when TFC Play.

My main concern is the pitch, quality of it and the lines (I do not want to see gridiron). Also concerned because this whole idea has hurt the footy fan in the GTA and may hurt soccer in Canada as well. A big step backward.
    i'm pretty sure that there will be no logos, even a white centre field Argos shield on the grass for the 10 argos games. see my comments above.

My guess is could be white-only logos in future years if MLSE has success with the line removal system this year. This year no chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'll say this, it'll be ours.

No other stadium in the world looks like that.
    I was totally thinking the same thing, haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I was totally thinking the same thing, haha.

Will there be a crank handle for the fans to raise and lower the roofs? I certainly hope so.

(ER, you made my day showing up here!)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the MLS is going to Wednesday night and a weeknight playoff game at that, could you imagine the attendance in places like Dallas or New England for a weeknight playoff game lol. Moreover, single game elimination playoffs are you kidding me and take away a home gate for teams ya ok! The MLS playoffs will always go to the beginning of December just like they are now, this will not change, therefore as long as these homeless lowlifes that are the Argos are at BMO Field there will always be this potential overlap of MLS playoffs and CFL playoff conflicts at BMO Field now, the best solution to this potential playoff overlap between TFC and the Argos would be for the Argos for one day to get the fuck out of BMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I don't think the MLS is going to Wednesday night and a weeknight playoff game at that, could you imagine the attendance in places like Dallas or New England for a weeknight playoff game lol. Moreover, single game elimination playoffs are you kidding me and take away a home gate for teams ya ok! The MLS playoffs will always go to the beginning of December just like they are now, this will not change, therefore as long as these homeless lowlifes that are the Argos are at BMO Field there will always be this potential overlap of MLS playoffs and CFL playoff conflicts at BMO Field now, the best solution to this potential playoff overlap between TFC and the Argos would be for the Argos for one day to get the fuck out of BMO!
    Its about time they left, after playing at BMO for so long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    These are the arguments for playoff change (some of which are pretty shitty arguments)
    - two legs kills the momentum of the playoffs, knockout draws eyeballs
    - End season before November FIFA break
    - Season is too long and goes into winter conditions in northern markets
    - No one pays attention to games on NFL sundays, can't move to Saturday due to college football
    - wednesday games will get some exposure (dead sporting night), and league already plays opening round on that date
    Last edited by Onyx; 04-20-2016 at 09:05 PM.