Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Looks like a new logo/sign going up on the south east end of the stands. Perhaps it will be an Argos sign to match the TFC one on the north end. Hoping it's another TFC one...
    And thanks for the up-dated pictures.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that becomes the Argo "presence" that has been talked about, TFC twittersphere is going to have a bird and its going to give Larson something to tweet and write about but I don't think I'm going to care that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Looks like a new logo/sign going up on the south east end of the stands. Perhaps it will be an Argos sign to match the TFC one on the north end. Hoping it's another TFC one...
    Damn I hope it is another TFC logo. Kind of anxious if it is an Argos logo..or perhaps a Canada Soccer logo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they close off the south end I think it would look great that gap just throws me off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those extensions for the lights look horrible jetting out from the canopy the way they are now ... too bad they couldn't have built something that was retractable or maybe they will be closing off that end at a later date and won't look so awkward ... BUT LOOKING GOOD OTHERWISE ... EXCITED FOR OPENING DAY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't passed by BMO in a while and I'm here now looking at this place. Pictures do not do this place justice. I'd post a pic but I've no idea how. The gap is the gap but whatever. Maybe the southend can have its own sponsor and a new name, The Gap.

May 7th can't come soon enough.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is where they will put a giant Argos logo?

Last edited by troy1982; 04-18-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no please no please no please no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If that becomes the Argo "presence" that has been talked about, TFC twittersphere is going to have a bird and its going to give Larson something to tweet and write about but I don't think I'm going to care that much.
    I just have this nasty feeling that MLSE has been subliminally getting TFC fanbase used to having more Argos stuff at BMO Field. first it was the blue in away kit. now blue in season ticket holders scarf.
    I'm going to bet at least some of BMO Field seats will be in blue. And TFC colours officially becomes red and blue or something
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What advantage do they gain by having TFC blue though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we know for sure that particular area is being prepared for a logo? Could they not just be preparing that particular area to do more cladding work like there is to the right of the stairs?

Genuinely asking, I'm not a construction guy so wouldn't know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Please no please no please no please no.
    x100.

If it is an Argos logo then it goes against the promised "TFC fans will never know the Argos play at BMO except on Argos game days" or something similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if an Argos logo will go there 100% but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Argos "presence" is coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Where do all the blue "touches" go? What gets painted Blue?

Is the West Side made blue with a big Argos logo like TFC has on the East stands? That would make sense.
    As I said

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    There are actually some fresh pictures from yesterday morning on the UrbanToronto construction thread. Looking good to me.
    Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's on the south end too for good measure, should paint it red if it is an argos logo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    That's on the south end too for good measure, should paint it red if it is an argos logo
    imagine that lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we will still have seagulls in the area...where does Bitchy sit? Up high where we can no longer see I take it. The perch was moved to the centre of the west stand away from the edge last year anyway so I guess technically we couldn't see Bitchy last year either unless you are at the top of the east stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mind the gap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, im not buying that an Argos logo is going in that spot. Its going to be more of that red and grey cladding imo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if this was shared before:
    Some pics of the construction on Argo's site: https://torontoargonauts.exposure.co...ield-is-coming

all the pictures are black and white - I guess not to upset their fans because it's mostly red, and better stay that way.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine that the black and white pictures are to remind their fan base of the good ole days, when the moving picture show only cost a nickle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I think those unfinished ends on the East roof are because the contractor miscalculated the amount of roofing material they needed. I bet there are Project Managers frantically calling suppliers around North America to get the missing pieces.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want to upset the 157 people who have "enjoyed" that page.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think an argos logo is a huge issue.
    It isn't like they are taking down a tfc logo and replacing it.
    The logo outside doesn't affect the GameDay experience all that much, though I don't recall much argos signage outside the dome aside from grey cups.
    If an argos logo is a must, I would rather it not be in the south east end. Give them panels on the south and north west. Or even midfield behind the west stand where their locker room will be.
    The main concern for me is and always will be the grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Permanent Argos signage would be a promise broken.

We were told we wouldn't even know they play at bmo on game days, signed shows that they play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only Argos signage will be the end zones (which will be covered during TFC games), Argos logo at center (which hopefully is removable like the lines), and Banners that are removed when TFC Play.

My main concern is the pitch, quality of it and the lines (I do not want to see gridiron). Also concerned because this whole idea has hurt the footy fan in the GTA and may hurt soccer in Canada as well. A big step backward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be fairly simple to install revolving billboards to promote the Argos on their game days without impacting the TFC game day experience.

I would also be disappointed if there were permanent Argo logos outside the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of you guys are over reacting about every new thing put on the stadium, people acting like Argos logo is going up on the south side.....ease up people, first there is no reason to suggest its an Argos logo , it actually most likely is not an Argos logo. Calm down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers7 View Post
    I'd love for a WC to be in the USA again with the hopes of Canada being host to some games.
    Not sure if it was this weekend or the first game of the season with Bill Manning or Garber but one of them said in the next 5 or so years they want to expand MLS to 28 teams which I think is great. The flip side is they will have to expand the DP rule to 4 or even 5 players as the league much like the NHL will get watered down due to their being other leagues that will pay equal or more to said star players. I say the NHL because there's only maybe 1-3 top players per team whereas the NFL you can have one at almost every position.
    Only question then is how does that work for scheduling?
    MLS has adopted some of the same mould of the NFL for when you play Western conference teams ie TFC played Vancouver, Seattle, and LA out west last season now all are coming to the '6' this year. So the rotation idea could still work if and when MLS gets that far.

If FIFA can hold a WC in South Africa and soon Qatar all it will take is the Mexicans ponying up enough Pesoes that FIFA will give them a 3rd lol
    please no reference to the city as "the 6".....I don't think many people even know what it actually means, I myself had to look it up and when I saw what it was I thought any most cities then could just call them selfs by numbers, we don't call New York City "the 5" or London "the 50".