Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Besiktas also has a significantly bigger brand and much higher revenue than we do. yes, their new stadium is nicer. They have a significantly bigger incentive and opportunity to build that sort of stadium because of their circumstances.

We'll get our version of that eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Exactly. I think quite a few supporters have forgotten that in ten years our stadium has had FIVE phases of development. Actually building the thing, a new grass field, north stand addition, east stand construction, roof. At some clubs that type of growth would take 50 years if it happened at all. Hell, Bestikas has been around for over 100 years and played in their last stadium for nearly 70. THEY are entitled to a stadium with a 'real' roof, not us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I think our roof/canopy isn't as good as it could have been, I don't know if as many people are going to get rained on as we think. I don't know if the top of the west stand has enough space between the roof and the top of the stand unless the rain comes at a weird angle. To be honest it's hard to tell. The back of the roof looks like it ends behind the stand, so the adds protection to rain coming at an angle. Furthermore, the lower you go down the stand, the more protection you get from the stand itself!

Again it's hard to really tell, because most pictures are from ground level where it's really hard to get real perspective in terms of spacing and angles.

With respect to the south end? Yeah I think there might be space for people at the back to get wet when wind blows in from the lake. If that's the case, people in the first few rows shouldn't be getting wet since that requires the wind to blow in the other direction. So I expect top few rows or bottom few to get wet, but would be surprised if they both got rained on at the same time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    With respect to the south end? Yeah I think there might be space for people at the back to get wet when wind blows in from the lake. If that's the case, people in the first few rows shouldn't be getting wet since that requires the wind to blow in the other direction. So I expect top few rows or bottom few to get wet, but would be surprised if they both got rained on at the same time.
    Good thing is there is less wind at night and we have mostly night games which will work out hopefully for us at the back of the south stand. I find when there is wind it usually hits us in the face most times and not normally from the lake although we have had some games where we were hit at all angles. Fingers crossed it works out well enough. Time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just drove by bmo field and noticed the TFC sign is not on the billboard anymore !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    I just drove by bmo field and noticed the TFC sign is not on the billboard anymore !!!!
    As long as they keep the big logo on the side of the stadium (north-east corner)..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm curious.

Was there TFC stuff attached to that billboard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which billboard? As in the back of the electronic scoreboard? Weren't they going to replace that with a 2-way screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the HD score board, the 3 sided billboard by QEW

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TravelPat View Post
    Some shots from the GO Bus today

I think he means the billboard in the picture above.

Its just another advertising board for MLSE/Exhibition Place to make money. TFC is just one of many Bell/Rogers things to be advertised on it.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Good thing is there is less wind at night and we have mostly night games which will work out hopefully for us at the back of the south stand. I find when there is wind it usually hits us in the face most times and not normally from the lake although we have had some games where we were hit at all angles. Fingers crossed it works out well enough. Time will tell.
    That's the key, most games at night less or hardly no wind. That's why night games are louder with better atmosphere. I was down there a couple weeks ago, BMO is very impressive with that new roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What TFC sign? There was one on the OLD one but I don't recall one on the new one. There wasn't one at the end of last season for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't seem like there was one on streetview (Oct. 2015)

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.63521...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i went to BMO yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grass on the truck!

you can see a man in orange working on the roof, he is way up there leaning over the roof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Doesn't seem like there was one on streetview (Oct. 2015)

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.63521...8i6656!6m1!1e1
    Actually, he's right.

Until this year, there has been a topping thingie on the top of that 3 way billboard with TFC logos.

Its not there anymore.

Well there goes the neighbourhood!
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-13-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Actually, he's right.

Until this year, there has been a topping thingie on the top of that 3 way billboard with TFC logos.

Its not there anymore.

Well there goes the neighbourhood!
    If you look at streetview history it was there in May but gone by July. In fact in the May 2015 view you could see that they are in the midst of working on installing the new screens. So as Kaz mentioned, there was a TFC sign on the old billboard but there hasn't been one since July of 2015.

Also, I think the reasoning for the elimination of the TFC sign is that the monochrome one on the actual stadium (northeast corner) is arguably more visible (larger and contrast with red wall).

Also that last pic by James is beautiful.
    Last edited by RealG-TFC; 04-13-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our east stand is looking more like this stand at Upton Park (to bad this stadium is closing after this year as they move to new olympic stadiu, which looks really weird actually, and has a race track around it)

or like this Doug Ellis stand at Villa park

East Stand at BMO Field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw this old photo of Tottenham

This is what it looked like when renovating the stadium and making it an all seat stadium, I believe this is around 1994

if our west stand had glass behind it like Tottenham white Hart Lane did back in the 90's it would make the west stand look much better!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, the East side is going to be fun to face. Not quite the view of the downtown we used to get, but its beginning to look like a proper stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    If you look at streetview history it was there in May but gone by July. In fact in the May 2015 view you could see that they are in the midst of working on installing the new screens. So as Kaz mentioned, there was a TFC sign on the old billboard but there hasn't been one since July of 2015.

Also, I think the reasoning for the elimination of the TFC sign is that the monochrome one on the actual stadium (northeast corner) is arguably more visible (larger and contrast with red wall).

Also that last pic by James is beautiful.

The new board is also a little bit bigger so the old cap may not have fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its crazy how many faces this stadium now has ... when you see it from the Gardner the canopy looks crazy high and awkward but you see it from the ground and everything looks REALLY nice and like a real stadium and then you see it from a distance shot (was watching blues jays opener and they had a shot from across the lake) and it looks like a traditional Euro style stadium .... either way its miles ahead of where it started and although it isn't what most people envisioned ... its still a great stadium and its now one of the top in the league like it or not ... I like it personally ... its not cookie cutter and its ours ... we need to bring back the our house BMO commercials again but in the new stadium setting when its complete

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Nice to see that roof going on. We've dreamed about it since 2006.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seeing spaces on the roof of that east stand by each of the beams, hopefully it's covered or else I can see water dripping through on a rainy day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the super shots.. It is almost there!! Now lets get a win or 2 in the next 3 games and the opener will be fantastic!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I'm seeing spaces on the roof of that east stand by each of the beams, hopefully it's covered or else I can see water dripping through on a rainy day.
    I wonder if those will be small clear panels to let some light in, or maybe those are just access panels. I'm sure they will be filled in either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post

if our west stand had glass behind it like Tottenham white Hart Lane did back in the 90's it would make the west stand look much better!
    Something like this HAS to be the plan for the large gaps between the seats and the roof, no? I mean, they can't just leave it open. I mean, really ... that would just be crazy, right? Right? They can't possibly be considering that, could they?

RIGHT??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if they leave it open that would make it look ugly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Something like this HAS to be the plan for the large gaps between the seats and the roof, no? I mean, they can't just leave it open. I mean, really ... that would just be crazy, right? Right? They can't possibly be considering that, could they?

RIGHT??????
    Perhaps. Or they're just waiting to get regular sellouts at the stadium to add a new stand atop the South Stand. A wall of supporters!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Perhaps. Or they're just waiting to get regular sellouts at the stadium to add a new stand atop the South Stand. A wall of supporters!
    This is not happening in the near future. Temp stands for events possibly but permanent South Stands are too expensive. they can't just dig up the South. There are service pipes that would need to be rerouted.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER