Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2556
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really its about whether it was so successful they could make up another reason to have one.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting comments about the north stands. For many years we sat there as SSH.
    But we were forced to relocate because these stands were removed for that other football team!
    Now they install these (temporary) seats for a hockey game!
    So much for TFC and MLS . . .
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but these north stands are temporary and we could have had these temporary stands installed for the MLS Cup however, due to the Grey Cup they could not install those temporary north stands in time for the MLS Cup. However , what they should look into is putting in permanent retractable seats in the north end that retract for Argo games for the CFL end zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stadium looked fantastic yesterday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For MLS, yes.

For hockey? Hah! Only the upper decks got a proper view of the game.

Up in the arse end of the south stand temporary seats, it was a challenge to stay involved in the game. It really comes down now to what beer sale price points do MLSE have to move down to in order to keep fans sufficiently happy/distracted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Yes but these north stands are temporary and we could have had these temporary stands installed for the MLS Cup however, due to the Grey Cup they could not install those temporary north stands in time for the MLS Cup. However , what they should look into is putting in permanent retractable seats in the north end that retract for Argo games for the CFL end zone.
    Or roar on Bob Hunter as he strives to make Lamport Stadium the new home of the Argos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    They didn't want to do it for cost reasons. That may change with a new surface this year but little else has changed. They seem pretty happy with how things went this year.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 01-04-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite an extensive article about BMO including diagrams, photos and a timelapse covering Grey Cup, MLS Cup, NHL Classic: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle33447399/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that piece of...ahem...journalism got discussed in detail on the pitch thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This probably has been discussed before on this thread, but I want to know your guy's take on it (just for discussion sake), do you think its possible for BMO to add a roof on the north anytime in the future (and to continue the topic: increasing north stands?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    This probably has been discussed before on this thread, but I want to know your guy's take on it (just for discussion sake), do you think its possible for BMO to add a roof on the north anytime in the future (and to continue the topic: increasing north stands?)

100% possible. Even temporary north end seats would seal the deal. It would look more like a stage if the beer garden stays there tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would love TFC to release the CADD drawings of the building.

let supporters draw up something super cool for the next reno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing BMO Field from directly above during the hockey game, I have to say I think it looks really good overall. It would be nice if the south roof actually did a job rather than being essentially aesthetic (or it should have gone back further to cover temp stands, or a possible south end expansion later). They should consider closing in the sides of the east and west stands I think too. But on the whole it's sooooo much better than it was and more fitting of what we have evolved into as a serious team in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toluca are banging up a mural to block off the gap between the seats and the roof in their remodeled stadium. That stand backs on to streets and housing so they cant build back to fill in the tier. Thought it was interesting given the south end situation here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Bears more than a passing resemblance to BMO. Looks cool.

Maybe that's where the new Wall of Honour should go.
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    100% possible. Even temporary north end seats would seal the deal. It would look more like a stage if the beer garden stays there tho.
    D'Oh. I think you just hit the nail on the head. They will leave the Patio at BMO because that acts perfectly as a stage for whatever acts want to play concerts in the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Toluca are banging up a mural to block off the gap between the seats and the roof in their remodeled stadium. That stand backs on to streets and housing so they cant build back to fill in the tier. Thought it was interesting given the south end situation here.

Watch MLSE put a mural of full stands to make football look more full. But I have faith that they will do a good job filling the empty spaces just look at how beautiful they made our stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    D'Oh. I think you just hit the nail on the head. They will leave the Patio at BMO because that acts perfectly as a stage for whatever acts want to play concerts in the stadium.
    Atleast the possibility of roof is higher. I doubt that they would hold concerts because of the possibly damage to the grass. We get nervous when football is played imagine 1000 people jumping and standing on the grass at the same time. The really only safe way is to place something over the grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any money that goes into the stadium will be going into revenue generating items in future. More suites on westside, renovating the westside (which has been talked about as next project) suites and concessions, making more club seating, etc.
    As for the northside, those seats are never filled for regular games, doubt they they put anything more permanent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    any money that goes into the stadium will be going into revenue generating items in future. More suites on westside, renovating the westside (which has been talked about as next project) suites and concessions, making more club seating, etc.
    As for the northside, those seats are never filled for regular games, doubt they they put anything more permanent.
    can easily add a standing terrace for 1000 or so beer drinkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

to be honest, 30k is big enough for TFC, I would like a North stand built to close in the stadium, but overall it isn't actually needed permanently to increase capacity, but it would look so much better, and with a roof. As for the south stand again, isn't really needed. But if they insist on keeping it open for a temp stand, this picture is a awesome comparison, have some sort of banner that closes the gap between the south stand and the roof, you can remove it for special games, replace it with actual temp stands, replace when game is finished.

also close the gap in the west stand, either build box offices, a concrete wall or another one of these banner type things, it will make the stadium have a closed in feeling, will look better for TFC and Argos. This is a great picture, I want to see when it's complete, should bring this to MLSE attention, it can be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mural of TFC in the south stand would be a dream, but even just swirling red and white colours would be fine as the stadium is red (to not completely piss of the Argos, a TFC mural would completely make Argos 2nd rate, even more so then it already is.) or even a mural of random sports in the city.....or maybe better just a mural of Toronto the city, ignore sports to bother Argos or TFC fans. Anything is better then the big Open gap. It would look like a fantastic soccer stadium. Please MLSE let's get a banner/mural thing up, make the stadium look like it's closed in. It might even keep some rain out.
    Last edited by james; 01-06-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    to be honest, 30k is big enough for TFC, I would like a North stand built to close in the stadium, but overall it isn't actually needed permanently to increase capacity, but it would look so much better, and with a roof. As for the south stand again, isn't really needed. But if they insist on keeping it open for a temp stand, this picture is a awesome comparison, have some sort of banner that closes the gap between the south stand and the roof, you can remove it for special games, replace it with actual temp stands, replace when game is finished.

also close the gap in the west stand, either build box offices, a concrete wall or another one of these banner type things, it will make the stadium have a closed in feeling, will look better for TFC and Argos. This is a great picture, I want to see when it's complete, should bring this to MLSE attention, it can be done.
    Didn't TFC add sec 219 and 227 a few years ago? Maybe we can expand to 2 more sections in the west.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't TFC add sec 219 and 227 a few years ago? Maybe we can expand to 2 more sections in the west.
    Weren't those sections built with the original construction in 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Weren't those sections built with the original construction in 2006.
    Yes, those sections have been there since Day 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Yes, those sections have been there since Day 1.
    What I meant to say was that weren't there more seats added in those 2 sections many years ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant to say was that weren't there more seats added in those 2 sections many years ago?
    I went through a couple of photos I took (one from 2007, one from this year), and those sections are exactly the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    I went through a couple of photos I took (one from 2007, one from this year), and those sections are exactly the same.
    Welp, I thought something went on with the seats. My posts made me look silly! But regardless, I think there is potential to add more seats on the west if gaps is a concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, I thought something went on with the seats. My posts made me look silly! But regardless, I think there is potential to add more seats on the west if gaps is a concern.
    With all of the expansion at BMO, it's an easy mistake to make! I'm sure it would be possible to add additional seats in the west stand, though - ultimately it just comes down to a decision on whether or not ownership wants to pursue this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)