Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2556
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    SoccerSpecificTrend. Not at the Sportplex.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ those 'seats' are still numbered and assigned.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only numbered and assigned

in an additional nod to comfort, each space will be provided with a cupholder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not only numbered and assigned
    cupholder!!!!

thats what dreams are made of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field being on the list of possible Canadian stadiums for the 2026 World Cup means that there would need to be some sort of expansion. Should we aim for temporary seats to reach 40k, permanent seats, or a healthy mix of both?
    Last edited by sn0re; 08-15-2017 at 01:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field being on the list of possible Canadian stadiums for the 2026 World Cup means that there would need to be some sort of expansion. Should we aim for temporary seats to reach 40k, permanent seats, or a healthy mix of both?
    Probably only going to be Temp seating (think the Centennial Classic stands in the north end [wrap around the scoreboard], and the extra playoff seating from MLS cup last year)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a permanent north grandstand that is "safe standing" would be the best addition to the stadium. The problem, of course, is the length of the CFL field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is every venue has to have real grass for these matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is every venue has to have real grass for these matches.
    Also, every venue needs to have a minimum of 40k seats. However, should we welcome the idea of adding 10k more permanent seats within the next 9 years?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, every venue needs to have a minimum of 40k seats. However, should we welcome the idea of adding 10k more permanent seats within the next 9 years?
    FIFA allows the stadia to reach the 40k minimum with Temporary seating.
    the only potential permanent change could be retractable seating in the North end (but that won't go to 40k)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor has it if BMO gets the World Cup matches (ie they want 4 games) MLSE will be expanding the stadium to 42K...

Also, the person told me that it would be a permanent addition no temp seating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Rumor has it if BMO gets the World Cup matches (ie they want 4 games) MLSE will be expanding the stadium to 42K...

Also, the person told me that it would be a permanent addition no temp seating
    Wonder how they'll do that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    What about an expansion of the upper west stands up to the roofline? They did something similar at Anfield, building the stands in behind the old one while it was in use, then ripping the old one out. Some north end expansion, maybe south as well. That would probably bring it to 42,000.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What about an expansion of the upper west stands up to the roofline? They did something similar at Anfield, building the stands in behind the old one while it was in use, then ripping the old one out. Some north end expansion, maybe south as well. That would probably bring it to 42,000.
    Completing the West upper stand (fill in to the end of the suites -- compared to the new West side is short about 3-4 sections -- and fill in the SE and SW corners) and North End seating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The upper west and the upper south seem to me like the prime candidates give the Argos related logistical issues in the north end. But I wonder how much they can do on the west and south given they back out on to sidewalks and roads and have the roofs.

Knocking down the press box and upper west and trying to build a new upper tier with boxes etc underneath the current roof, maybe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't much footprint to build out south.

But, in the north, you can revamp the whole space and include the Food building. In theory you could build an edifice there as tall as the east and west with two tiers and fill in the corners with a revised pre game patio space, better entrances, safer parking for the players and some expanded washroom facilities. The CNE would get a new building out of it with even more space for what is the busiest venue during the Ex.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/08/1...world-cup-list

Some more insight into WC venue requirements
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Interesting. I thought when I saw the list it was likely only MLS cities were going to get games. That article makes it look even more likely. Montreal though, will require quite an effort to host, with the state of the Big O and Stade Saputo being so small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, in the north, you can revamp the whole space and include the Food building. In theory you could build an edifice there as tall as the east and west with two tiers and fill in the corners with a revised pre game patio space, better entrances, safer parking for the players and some expanded washroom facilities. The CNE would get a new building out of it with even more space for what is the busiest venue during the Ex.
    Could they not rebuild the south with Safe standing. How often do you use the chairs there anyway? I'm sure they could increase capacity a bit and build with the supporters in mind this time. Cup holders. a shirt cubby so stow them when it's shirts off. Curved LCD displays incorporated into the barriers, connected to the leader people (whose names escape me because I don't think about it often) to let the tourist that bought a ticket read the words to the chants to get involved and help keep people in unison. Have the whole area painted with a Argos OUT logo as a subtle reminder for the Argos to get their own stadium so the North can be built up. Or perhaps designed to look one of the Seat Cushions for 2007.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six CFL Stadiums considered for WC Bid.....BMO Field listed as a CFL stadium, even though it is a MLS stadium, and TFC is the primary tenant.

http://www.tsn.ca/six-cfl-stadiums-p...p-bid-1.831152

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN just TSN'ing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The upper west and the upper south seem to me like the prime candidates give the Argos related logistical issues in the north end. But I wonder how much they can do on the west and south given they back out on to sidewalks and roads and have the roofs.

Knocking down the press box and upper west and trying to build a new upper tier with boxes etc underneath the current roof, maybe?
    We will have to see if the Argos will still be at BMO in 9 years time. I wouldn't make tearing down the press box in return for more seats. There's plenty of room on the east stand to add press seats.

Can the theory go as far as to install another canopy? I'm just thinking if there were to be permanent seating in the north, it could be a copy of the south stand.
    Last edited by sn0re; 08-16-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's about this for world cup temp seating...

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn! That's some serious scaffolding!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in Ottawa this week, no chance that stadium can reach 40K.
    As for BMO, I bet they'd just rebuild the west stand, make a permanent reno to the south end, and fill in temp bleachers on the north.
    They have a lot of ground to utilize. It's the biggest event in the world. The money will be there for a major reno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think the plan for Ottawa was to raise temporary seating on the deck area and pavement behind each of the endzones. The stadium can seat 24000, so an additional 8000 behind each end should be doable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^ I think the plan for Ottawa was to raise temporary seating on the deck area and pavement behind each of the endzones. The stadium can seat 24000, so an additional 8000 behind each end should be doable.
    Not sure if they can do much with the west endzone of TD Place, there's a high-rise complex adjacent to the stadium, and I am sure the residence wouldn't be too happy with a huge scaffolding blocking their view for a few months.

Also, I was in Ottawa for the week and saw that they're building a (temporary?) stand on the east endzone, probably for the Redblacks' playoff run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Ottawa is hosting the Grey Cup, hence the seating. I'll see if I can get a closer look when I'm at the Fury game this weekend.
    Last edited by Initial B; 10-05-2017 at 07:04 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^ Ottawa is hosting the Grey Cup, hence the seating. I'll see if I can get a closer look when I'm at the Fury game this weekend.
    Its also for a NHL outdoor game in Mid-December (like our set up last year)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know of they're installing temp seats for the playoffs?