Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2556
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    just don't bring it in a bag.
    Bringing baga/knapsacks into Saputo on Saturday did not see like an issue. The check inside them etc, but that was about it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    just don't bring it in a bag.
    Laptop bag? BIG NO NO!!!!!

"but what if I open it into a chair? oh okay, go a ahead then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Thanks that would be awesome. My seats are 107-110 of 214A which is row 21 in the accessible area at the top if you can take the photo from that area it would be wicked.
    http://s32.postimg.org/sykfzy01x/20160427_031301.jpg

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's about as definite as you can get as to back coverage. Thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much Ryan. That looks better than what I thought was going to be there. Appreciate the effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's settled all the seats are covered.

Can't wait to see the pics come May 7th!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bring you gifts this Friday morning

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads...3#post-1110835

The area people were worried about being an Argo logo being placed on the East stand need worry no more - it is indeed the same red cladding as the north end.

Also in the last pic you can see the grow lights are being used on the grass - and it looks like the FieldTurf is down on the northern part of the pitch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I bring you gifts this Friday morning

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads...3#post-1110835

The area people were worried about being an Argo logo being placed on the East stand need worry no more - it is indeed the same red cladding as the north end.

Also in the last pic you can see the grow lights are being used on the grass - and it looks like the FieldTurf is down on the northern part of the pitch

Seeing all the photos through the link, it seems as thought the stadium looks 'finished' in that the major components (East Stands, Canopy, Lights) seem to be close to 100% complete, with the field a little behind (but who can blame them with the work that has been happening).

All in all though, it looks like a proper stadium, and should be spectacular in a week.

I think I can say for most, 'Excited' doesn't come close to describing how most of us feel
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Seeing all the photos through the link, it seems as thought the stadium looks 'finished' in that the major components (East Stands, Canopy, Lights) seem to be close to 100% complete, with the field a little behind (but who can blame them with the work that has been happening).

All in all though, it looks like a proper stadium, and should be spectacular in a week.

I think I can say for most, 'Excited' doesn't come close to describing how most of us feel
    Yep, I was down there last weekend and it looked finished bar some cosmetic stuff and site clean up.

Told y'all it was going to be more cladding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    my tickets still say Row 10, i assume there are 9 rows ahead of me
    not necessarily true. my seats in 110 said row 9 but there was only 5 rows in front of me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot off the presses from TFC twitter.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is like watching grass grow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All thats have to be done is to add those "retractable" seats in the north and south end . Not sure about the status of the tifo rigging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    All thats have to be done is to add those "retractable" seats in the north and south end . Not sure about the status of the tifo rigging.
    Won't be installed for a bit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Count it and the foul!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that gap is gonna make sense one day, right? right!!??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    that gap is gonna make sense one day, right? right!!??
    Gonna chime in with a post i made on another forum, think of this as phase one in a continuous process of expansion:

Yes. Half the stadiums in the Premiership are built using this model, most of them far uglier than BMO from that perspective. The objective is scalability, cost effectiveness, fan experience (boxy enclosed outdoor stadiums are much louder and atmospheric). This is standard practice and one of the reasons this stadium is getting buzz in MLS. Others are more slick in design but this one has great street presence and follows old-world traditions, giving fans and players in North America a different experience. Driving down the Gardiner now, BMO stands with as much presence and heft as Rogers Centre.

Here's Anfield Stadium, considered by most to be the most atmospheric stadium in the Premiership and which uses an older iteration of the same construction techniques adopted by BMO Field. This is its 45,000 seat configuration, you can see how different stands were clumsily expanded over the years with different techniques, giving it a frankenstein appearance:

Here is a render of the new 59,000 seat expanded configuration, still incorporating some of those older upgrades but maintaining the same design aesthetic and atmosphere. This time the stands use the exact same construction/expansion techniques used in the new BMO Field. This is evidence that for MLSE, the design is meant to provide an authentic and world class atmosphere for fans and players alike and not for purposes of design aesthetic (Anfield is currently one of the ugliest major stadiums in the UK):

Like BMO it is a phased expansion. Once this configuration fills out they'll knock down the lower section and add a new larger lower stand below the rear seats. The ultimate Frankenstadium but best atmosphere for a stadium in the entire Premiership, they've been upgrading like this, one section, one phase at a time since 1884:

Last edited by mistercorporate; 04-29-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Gonna chime in with a post i made on another forum, think of this as phase one in a continuous process of expansion:

Yes. Half the stadiums in the Premiership are built using this model, most of them far uglier than BMO from that perspective. The objective is scalability, cost effectiveness, fan experience (boxy enclosed outdoor stadiums are much louder and atmospheric). This is standard practice and one of the reasons this stadium is getting buzz in MLS. Others are more slick in design but this one has great street presence and follows old-world traditions, giving fans and players in North America a different experience. Driving down the Gardiner now, BMO stands with as much presence and heft as Rogers Centre.

Here's Anfield Stadium, considered by most to be the most atmospheric stadium in the Premiership and which uses an older iteration of the same construction techniques adopted by BMO Field. This is its 45,000 seat configuration, you can see how different stands were clumsily expanded over the years with different techniques, giving it a frankenstein appearance:

Here is a render of the new 59,000 seat expanded configuration, still incorporating some of those older upgrades but maintaining the same design aesthetic and atmosphere. This time the stands use the exact same construction/expansion techniques used in the new BMO Field. This is evidence that for MLSE, the design is meant to provide an authentic and world class atmosphere for fans and players alike and not for purposes of design aesthetic (Anfield is currently one of the ugliest major stadiums in the UK):

Like BMO it is a phased expansion. Once this configuration fills out they'll knock down the lower section and add a new larger lower stand below the rear seats. The ultimate Frankenstadium but best atmosphere for a stadium in the entire Premiership, they've been upgrading like this, one section, one phase at a time since 1884:

expanding the concourse (or box seats, etcc) under the south roof makes sense now that you point it out

thanks

Are those seriously homes in the parking lot? wow, take for granted my yard space
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 04-29-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who wants really know what is is like to live around Anfield, you should read the story below.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ool-david-conn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya right we only wish BMO looks anything like the fully enclosed Anfield not even close by a mile, Anfield is a fully enclose stadium with proper roofs over all the stands, and Anfield has all four bloody stands, no missing north stand lol. Anfield is what BMO should have looked like after all this money spent, instead we are left with a missing north stand and crazy gaps, please do not compare BMO to a proper soccer stadium that is Anfield!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many rows does the retractable seating consist of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    How many rows does the retractable seating consist of?
    6 iirc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still don't get the giant gaps between the roof and the seats. Hopefully they'll fill those in sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is it that they plan on doing in the north end? Just looks incredibly odd with the lengthened fieldturf portion and nothing behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    What exactly is it that they plan on doing in the north end? Just looks incredibly odd with the lengthened fieldturf portion and nothing behind it.
    Likely a standing area/beer garden during TFC games and the endzone during Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the north end most likely they will be putting in some temporary bleachers like you see in Colorado behind one of the nets.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would North End temporary bleachers also be available for soccer should demand be high. For example, when Toronto wins the league and has home advantage all the way to the cup final?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    6 iirc
    I was looking at the photos carefully recently, to see if my 8th row seat was effected, and I concluded that only the first 5 rows are gone ... though there didn't seem much room for legs in row 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    As I understand it, 6 rows of Temporary seats on either side of the goal and a Patio bar. basically just like it was before the north Stands were put in but without the hospitality suites.