Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    It wouldn't be Toronto sports talk if we weren't hating fucking everything now would it?
    y'know mate, you can probably tell by my username that I'm a Brit. One of the things I loved about this country when I first came here was just how positive in it's outlook it is in comparison to the UK. I also remember the first time I rode the TTC and saw, with open mouthed amazement that there was a mural of the Habs at College station on the opposite platform to one where a Leafs mural adorned the wall. Could you imagine how long a Man Utd mural at a Liverpool bus station would last?

How tolerant and civilized, I thought, how reasonable that sport should be given that level of respectful rivalry that that can happen. Maybe I could attend a game of some kind here without threat of a punch in the face or worse...

I still think Canadians and Torontonians have a wonderful attitude towards sport, I honestly do. But there is a bit of the sports fan hate in everyone, I guess.

anyway, that topic, what was it again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be Toronto sports talk if we weren't hating fucking everything now would it?
    Amen. The Leafs really did a ringer on the cities sports broadcasting culture...bunch of negative nancies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    We would not have the pleasure of enjoying Seba week in, week out if it were not for this renovation, simple as that. Just walking around it the other day has gotten me excited for tomorrow to see BMO full,loud and rocking under these new lights.
    I'm also pumped for the opener, just like I have been for the previous 9. In terms of stadium and facility development, clubs that have been around for generations don't see the progress that our 10-year old club has seen. I have said this before - we have gone through FIVE stages of growth in ten years (new stadium, grass field, south end, east deck, roof). We have a pretty sweet training facility and academy program and a payroll that is probably 15 times (more?) what it was in year one. Revenue drives all of that, and the comment about the renos not having value to the common fan is nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I'm also pumped for the opener, just like I have been for the previous 9. In terms of stadium and facility development, clubs that have been around for generations don't see the progress that our 10-year old club has seen. I have said this before - we have gone through FIVE stages of growth in ten years (new stadium, grass field, south end, east deck, roof). We have a pretty sweet training facility and academy program and a payroll that is probably 15 times (more?) what it was in year one. Revenue drives all of that, and the comment about the renos not having value to the common fan is nuts.
    Exactly, it's quite stunning the development. We don't appreciate how lucky we are. Imagine where the scene/franchise will be in another 10 years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    i get that but the stadium would still be a work in progress project regardless of whether the Argos were moving in or not. there is clear progress at BMO - it's a better stadium than it was ten years ago and a better stadium than it was one year ago and I for one, welcome it.
    There are renos that never needed to happen if it weren't for the Argos trying to fit their mismatched field in BMO.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Ill defend Duane for a second... what have we gained in the southend? a canopy that may keep a little sound in but provides little protection.

The upgrades were done to increase top end revenue streams and allow for other events, cool i don't mind that as long as they are the ones that pay for the upgrades but lets not pretend that these upgrades were for your average TFC supporter.
    His wording is off is all. The common fan is the majority and they will appreciate the reno. The sound improvement (from the second tier being built was the only improvement for me last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

His wording is off is all. The common fan is the majority and they will appreciate the reno. The sound improvement (from the second tier being built was the only improvement for me last season.
    Hey Duane, what is the common fan? Does that include me? Because I see there being huge value in the renos. Not only do I think it'll create a much improved atmosphere, but in turn it could end up bringing more common fans to the stadium which in turn will result in more revenue to be spent on the best players possible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet just went to air !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They showed a few minutes and just cut out, whats the deal with that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the sounds of it Mark Grimes was about to speak and they figured it was best to cut away?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might have to be my new signature. It sums up everything in this thread and can probably be randomly dropped in almost every other thread on this board and be appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

360 Degree Video of TFC's first practice at the new BMO field

For those that don't know, click, hold and drag your mouse or finger to look around with 360 degree videos on youtube, or use the galaxy gear vr or google cardboard with your phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I saw the Argos logo just on the right hand side of the grand opening banner, I though TFC was the main tenant? Are we sharing the stadium 50/50? I think the only advantage we have so far is the red seats, but I will give it couple of games to see what'll happen.

FYI, Official BMO field website has been updated and looks much better. The only down side is that Argos add is set to be on the home page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was stated at the Argos press conference several months back that TFC and the Argos are equal tenants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BottjerRNO View Post
    It was stated at the Argos press conference several months back that TFC and the Argos are equal tenants.
    then all these upgrades are not worth it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS, over reacting much?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is shocking. How does one react to a bald face lie?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...that makes sense for them to say that because the CFL psyche is even more damaged in this town then TFC

CFL prefers turf - field is grass except the endzones which have been made smaller to shoehorn them in

Argos play in blue - majority of stadium is in red

TFC gets best dates and time after Argo games to fix the field

TFC plays almost twice as many home games

Whatever some whiners in double blue (remember I'm a TiCat fan) want to think, let em.

TFC is the primary tenant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the CFL and I hate the Argos the sooner they fold the better! I don't care about the Argos or bloody TiCats for that matter! Soccer and CFL or NFL football should not be played in the same venue, but here we have it the Argos are in and here to stay, we have ass half renovation because of them, and I'm suppose to be satisfied with these renovations, fuck that, we should have had a proper renovated stadium if we did not have to accommodate the Argos, instead we have this, this is why soccer will never go anywhere in this country!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the North

I'm trying to keep an open mind but going back to a three stand stadium seems a huge step backwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Where's the North

I'm trying to keep an open mind but going back to a three stand stadium seems a huge step backwards
    Same here. I could live with everything else, but that bare North end just takes away from all the excitement....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    Same here. I could live with everything else, but that bare North end just takes away from all the excitement....
    I liked the original open air north end with the beer garden, I think it could be good, actually
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's been left out is how much the argos paid for the reno. MLSE does not own the Argos. How do these renos improve TFC?
    We opened 2 straight seasons with long road trips.
    The atmosphere may be less with an open north end.
    The field may be torn up, leading to injury or possible turf talk.
    The lighting is no longer based in the corners, but along the sidelines like a CFL stadium.
    What will happen in the postseason, with playoff dates, and possible field damage? Repair may be more difficult in late fall when the playing surface is most important.
    How do the renos help TFC at all?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the construction thread. Philosophical discussions about Argos & all that: there's another thread for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I liked the original open air north end with the beer garden, I think it could be good, actually
    lets see how the open north end/patio will look later today with the raining and no shelter nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    From the Winnipeg Free Press article:

"Each experience, as we go through it, will define to people what they should and shouldn't be expecting," said Hunter.

Mmm...... I love me some doublespeak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    What's been left out is how much the argos paid for the reno
    Here you go

The Argos' new owners contributed half of the $20 million needed to configure BMO Field to CFL dimensions and is paying for the dressing room separately.