Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2556
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Based on some pictures at not the greatest of angles, it looks like the south roof won't cover the concourse. I know someone mentioned they were concerned with the coverage of the accessible seating, so I'm not sure if this assuages their concerns or not.
    That was me talking about the accessible area. Definitely haven't seen a pic with an angle that really shows the coverage but I am not holding my breath for decent coverage in my row anymore after seeing the pics. They had an opportunity to protect the concourse and they didn't which is unfortunate. Guess the beer vendors will continue to get rained on. When it rains the lines at the beer vendors disappear and I thought the roof would fix that issue for them. I asked my rep about the rendering that was on the virtual venue and he said the building operations people were saying the renderings were not totally accurate but it won't extend much more than what the rendering shows. He said having the canopy is better than what we had and it is still considered an outdoor stadium so I have to expect to deal with the elements since rain doesn't fall straight. I understand that but was just hoping for a little more coverage given that people with disabilities are in that last row and it is not like I can take my wife in her wheelchair to many other areas of the stadium to watch the game if it starts to pour and it can be dangerous for her to get wet so it is not a comfort thing. She avoids games when she knows there is rain so I end up going solo or miss the game. I was hoping this year would have been different. Not whining about it at all, just disappointed that I almost had a solution to my family's main issue with going to the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 45m45 minutes ago
    BREAKING: BMO extending stadium naming rights with MLSE for 10 years; kit sponsorship for one year, sources say. #TFC #Argos #CFL #MLS

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Thanks for the pic. That angle makes it not look that bad. Staying a little optimistic until I see it in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at it from the work's window and it looks freaking awesome!!! Can't wait for May!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 'beany' covering the south end looks more useful as a Platform For Advertising.

You couldn't really see the BMO Field logo at the south-east gate from far away. Now, with BMO re-upping to sponsor for the next decade, it offers a higher-profile location to station a big, glowing set of letters facing Lakeshore Blvd.'s daily traffic congestion. And passing cruise ships.

Who knows what they could do with LED ribbons facing the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reason for the height of the south end roof, is line-of-sight. Most likely they did not want a low roof, so that if you look up (back rows), you cannot see the upper-level seats. If you use the 3D seat viewer from torontofc.com, you can see that line of sight from the last row of the east side upper deck can see the top of the west side.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I think the reason for the height of the south end roof, is line-of-sight. Most likely they did not want a low roof, so that if you look up (back rows), you cannot see the upper-level seats. If you use the 3D seat viewer from torontofc.com, you can see that line of sight from the last row of the east side upper deck can see the top of the west side.
    It's leaving room for temp seats.

Why would they care if the S sees the stadium seats?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    That 'beany' covering the south end looks more useful as a Platform For Advertising.

You couldn't really see the BMO Field logo at the south-east gate from far away. Now, with BMO re-upping to sponsor for the next decade, it offers a higher-profile location to station a big, glowing set of letters facing Lakeshore Blvd.'s daily traffic congestion. And passing cruise ships.

Who knows what they could do with LED ribbons facing the field.
    This is very plausible.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I was wondering about the height of the south canopy, and I suspect it is so when they put temporary seating in, that even the people in the top row will be able to see the entire field. They will, however, get totally soaked because the canopy does not cover the concourse, let alone any temporary seating.

The northern- and southern-most roof sections on the east and west stands are not installed yet, but the steel sections for them appear to be ready to install. Once this has been done, it looks like the roof will extend beyond the northern- and southern-most seating areas of both stands.

I took a picture of the north-east pillar showing the extra steel that appears to have no purpose. The northwest pillar doesn't have the equivalent arrangements, but the steel for it is on the ground, ready to go. I think it'll be for raising a net to stop pointy-balls from leaving the stadium.

O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post

I took a picture of the north-east pillar showing the extra steel that appears to have no purpose. The northwest pillar doesn't have the equivalent arrangements, but the steel for it is on the ground, ready to go. I think it'll be for raising a net to stop pointy-balls from leaving the stadium.

That is an interesting bit. Most CFL teams have a drop down pulley system in place from a roof or use a couple of towers. I suppose in the south they will use the roof based pulley system, that will also support TIFO.

I remember going to Ti-Cat games in the 70's at Ivor Wynne sitting in the end stands, before they had the nets. Games got delayed because so many balls had been kicked out of the stadium and sometimes the fans didn't want to give the ball back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes complete sense. Never thought of that initially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Great Shot - Getting totally pumped for the first home game. All I can say is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7cy7vmv2Cs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume that the next steps are now to finish off the ends of the East and West roofs so they can then remove the Temporary supports?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Awesome pic. Thanks for posting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great photo!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I kind of wish they enclosed the stands with walls at the ends like you see at some stadiums.
    Come on Phase 4!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now TFC could possibly play their first game of the season at BMO in 2017

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....with the schedule now fully out, we are going to be leaving this stadium in the light of day maybe twice. They better get the way finding in and out of the north side done right. Need lots of light up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWJH88 View Post
    I would assume that the next steps are now to finish off the ends of the East and West roofs so they can then remove the Temporary supports?
    Good question. Based on pre-construction images, it looks like those ends will have their roof portions sticking out from the existing structure. Not sure if any added support will be required - like a few beams on the ends. Still, they probably will want to install all the roof coverings first before removing the temp supports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today would be a good day from someone to sneak into the grounds and see if they get wet sitting in the South End.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about the height of the south canopy, and I suspect it is so when they put temporary seating in, that even the people in the top row will be able to see the entire field. They will, however, get totally soaked because the canopy does not cover the concourse, let alone any temporary seating.

The northern- and southern-most roof sections on the east and west stands are not installed yet, but the steel sections for them appear to be ready to install. Once this has been done, it looks like the roof will extend beyond the northern- and southern-most seating areas of both stands.

always assumed these were for corner flood lights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Now TFC could possibly play their first game of the season at BMO in 2017
    I'd guess we're gonna be more frontloaded with home games in 2017 and maybe 2018.

I'm of the belief backloaded home dates is advantageous and I imagine other clubs in the league might see it that way too. For a second consecutive year, at some point early September we don't have to leave Canada until the playoffs. It's a massive help to have all your stretch games at home and almost no travel save a 1hr flight to Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather is too shitty to play at home in the first 2-3 games. They want to maximize the potential of sell-outs, so I'm sure TFC has requested a few road games to kick off every season - at a minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a question for everyone, currently the only national flags on the premises were on the sound stands, will they be moving the flags to a more central location (similar to where the wall of honour is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBenjabi View Post
    I had a question for everyone, currently the only national flags on the premises were on the sound stands, will they be moving the flags to a more central location (similar to where the wall of honour is?
    honestly I think that is the last thing people are even thinking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    honestly I think that is the last thing people are even thinking about
    Not necessarily I always wondered why there was no German flag there - after all they are the the most successful WC team in terms of 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements in that tournament. yeah that is what I think about when I look those flag poles.

Just sayin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    Not necessarily I always wondered why there was no German flag there - after all they are the the most successful WC team in terms of 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements in that tournament. yeah that is what I think about when I look those flag poles.

Just sayin
    fair enough.... but most people are worrying about the playing surface, canopy aka umbrella and f*ck boys we call the argos coming into OUR HOUSE

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flags represented the country of origin of players on the team.

I doubt they will be brought back.