Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
not that it really matters, but just curious why do you see Montreal as small town? they do have the 2nd biggest population in Canada still by far with 1.6 million people in its city base population, with 4.2 million including surrounding suburbs. In comparison to cities like Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg...it dwarfs them in population as cities like Calgary and Edmonton have under 1 million people in the city population and almost a non exsisting surrounding suburb population. Even compared to many cities in America, Montreal has a bigger and more densely built city base then many other cities in America that have a small city with medium to low density population but rather with a very big spread out suburban surrounding population. The city of Montreal is bigger then most in USA and Canada.

Or was I missing something and this was just meant to be a jab at Montreal?
yah thats an odd comment to make to call it small town.

A weekend or night out in Montreal is still considered one of the best in North America. Fantastic restaurants for good prices, walk able city with diversity, strip clubs, spas, shopping, art, etc.. I find it easier to have a good time in Montreal than in Toronto and for less $

I hate the impact but I will take a weekend in Montreal anyday and gimme my expos back