Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Manning in charge I don't see why Kreis wouldn't be interested. I think there was probably mutual interest on both sides but Manning simply decided to stay the course, for now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    With Manning in charge I don't see why Kreis wouldn't be interested. I think there was probably mutual interest on both sides but Manning simply decided to stay the course, for now.
    I think there are a ton of reasons why Kreis would be concerned about coming to TFC. He is very well connected, and he will be able to get all the details on current & past shenanigans.

Just one example, if it's true that Tannenbaum or others at the ownership level nixed a deal for Defoe last summer, that would be deadly. The whole Bell/Rogers two-headed ownership monster is worrisome. Manning just got here, how much can he guarantee? What about Bez, Bradley, Altidore, Argos, etc etc etc?

But it's just as possible that Manning really values stability, and saw enough from Vanney to give him ANOTHER chance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kries is guy who has won a championship and has proven to be able to build a winning team, this is really a very simple decison.

All the best to Vanney but I rather the highest payroll in the league be managed by someone has actually won something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Kries is guy who has won a championship and has proven to be able to build a winning team, this is really a very simple decison.

All the best to Vanney but I rather the highest payroll in the league be managed by someone has actually won something.
    Richard, did you see the update from Manning? Vanney is staying; Kreis isn't coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is the first coach to lead us to the playoffs. He took a team in shambles after the 2014 season and made us respectable.

Perhaps giving him the benefit of the doubt is difficult after losing to the scum last week, but it wasn't all bad.

I think I had more fun at BMO this year than in any years in the past. Can't wait to get back next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to see the quote. Context is important.

Hard to believe we could have something this perfect available to us yet we ignore it. One wonders how much influence the league office has over these decisions.

Only this team could turn a mega payroll over to an inexperienced coach / GM and be okay with it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if nobody wants to come here?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Vanney is the first coach to lead us to the playoffs. He took a team in shambles after the 2014 season and made us respectable.

Perhaps giving him the benefit of the doubt is difficult after losing to the scum last week, but it wasn't all bad.

I think I had more fun at BMO this year than in any years in the past. Can't wait to get back next year.
    I also loved watching Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What if nobody wants to come here?
    I think we should be past that at this point. The same arguments were trotted out in the past when we failed to sign domestics / South Americans / pretty much anyone else under the sun. It's simply not true.

It's a defeatist statement.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-03-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Oh, I'm sure the players want to come. But I think he was talking about coaches/management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that was fun while it lasted. Sigh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Well, that was fun while it lasted. Sigh.
    We're going to have a whole lot of fun going forward. One more year of exactly the same stuff unless the whole locker room goes full mutiny and then the whole thing explodes in the summer. After what I heard today I don't think that would be out of the question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I probably come down on the side of replacing Vanney, but at the same time, Manning mentioned during the presser that the things people are saying about Vanney now, were almost identical to what people said about Kreis when he was starting out at RSL. He stuck with Kreis when fans were calling for his head, and the team steadily got better. Mentioned more than once that Vanney still only has a whopping 44 games under his belt.

Buy that argument or not, he clearly gave some thought to it. Also mentioned he talked to Kreis last night, which suggests to me that he may have been pretty close to making a different decision.

Either way, I think Vanney has a much shorter leash in 2016.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think I probably come down on the side of replacing Vanney, but at the same time, Manning mentioned during the presser that the things people are saying about Vanney now, were almost identical to what people said about Kreis when he was starting out at RSL. He stuck with Kreis when fans were calling for his head, and the team steadily got better. Mentioned more than once that Vanney still only has a whopping 44 games under his belt.

Buy that argument or not, he clearly gave some thought to it. Also mentioned he talked to Kreis last night, which suggests to me that he may have been pretty close to making a different decision.

Either way, I think Vanney has a much shorter leash in 2016.
    except I don't recall rumours of Kreis lost his locker room. then again, I don't remember much from that far back.

we have some public comments from players that seems to disagree with the coach. it'll still be Vanney vs Bradley in the locker room.

speculation, but I think Vanney preferred to have Caldwell as captain for the season. and someone gave it to Bradley instead. that's probably where the division in the locker room started.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    except I don't recall rumours of Kreis lost his locker room. then again, I don't remember much from that far back.

we have some public comments from players that seems to disagree with the coach. it'll still be Vanney vs Bradley in the locker room
    Can't comment on those rumours until I have a better grasp of the exact battle lines, and what the exact disagreement is. I don't think Manning would be oblivious to this.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Sixth place wouldn't have been good enough any other year. Vanney didn't bring this team out of the gutter, Giovinco did. One slight injury away from not having a chance this season. TFC were just lucky there were no decent teams left behind them. The way he seemed to have lost the locker room, they likely would have lost sixth had this season been 5 games longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Sixth place wouldn't have been good enough any other year. Vanney didn't bring this team out of the gutter, Giovinco did. One slight injury away from not having a chance this season. TFC were just lucky there were no decent teams left behind them. The way he seemed to have lost the locker room, they likely would have lost sixth had this season been 5 games longer.
    Yeah giving Vanney any credit for taking this team to the playoffs is laughable. It was 100% having the best player in league history. Not Bradley, not Altidore, certainly not the defense. All Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

speculation, but I think Vanney preferred to have Caldwell as captain for the season. and someone gave it to Bradley instead. that's probably where the division in the locker room started.
    This is the exact opposite of how things happened

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Kreis isn't coming, and this thread is becoming about Vanney, so let's continue the fun in the Deathwatch thread:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Thread/page47
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto