Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jason Kreis to TFC? [not happening]

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This originally posted by Areathrasher in the Vanney Era Deatwatch thread.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kreis's record at RSL (wikipedia):

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commentary on Kreis' firing:

Jason Kreis only the fall guy in New York City FC debacle

http://www.espnfc.com/club/new-york-city-fc/17606/blog/post/2695310/jason-kreis-only-the-fall-guy-in-new-york-city-fc-debacle

New York City FC sack Jason Kreis opening the door for Fabio Capello to take over MLS team

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/major-league-soccer/11971348/New-York-City-FC-sack-Jason-Kreis-opening-the-door-for-Fabio-Capello-to-take-over-MLS-team.html

The shortsightedness in NYCFC's firing of Jason Kreis and its pursuit for instant MLS success

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...020719462.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This needs to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whichever way this lands, I hope this is resolved as soon as possible so a proper preseason can be planned. A couple months of indecision would be a huge problem, especially when there are player moves that need to be addressed.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be a guy who tops a list for me. The way RSL played under him was fantastic and his absence has exposed that organization on the field. He needs full control of the team in order to get the potential out of them, something that bodes well with Manning here.

This is all speculation on my part, I have heard nothing from the rumour mill yet.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know people have been very critical of Vanney, and I too would be very excited at getting a coach of Kreis' caliber. However, I do hope Kreis is able to replicated what Vanney did with Morgan and Osorio - one of the areas where Vanney I feel excelled at (both players attested to this).

WHat has Kreis' record been regarding developing youth players and integrating them int he team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have thought Chicago would jump at the chance to land Kreis, but if what the article states is true. We might be in for a very interesting post-season press conference today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope if Kreis is interviewing he makes it clear he isn't married to any player, ala Bradley. Can't be handcuffed coming through the gate like he was at NYCFC. He has done it with a lower budget team, take that philosophy of a good MLS core and then use your DP's as difference makers ala Giovinco. Potential is exciting. Resources TFC have must be tempting to Kreis but the baggage this club has may be too off putting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it confirmed that Manning is attending media availability today? If he's not there we won't get much on this from Bez or Vanney. If asked about their job security they will probably just say they haven't had those talks yet.

If Manning is there we will know what's going to play out. He either backs Vanney & Bez or says something noncommittal - meaning they're gone in a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabio Capello? I would take the gamble too, time to see if a real non MLS coach can do it in the MLS 3.0 era

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concept of hiring an elite European coaches Cappello or otherwise is not the greatest of ideas... These coaches are use to a higjh amount of player IQ and tactical awareness from players which the majority players in this league lacks. This is a flop waiting to happen and history has shown this to be true.

We need a coach that knows the league, is tactically astute and can motivate our players, hence why Kreis is the perfect fit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Fabio Capello? I would take the gamble too, time to see if a real non MLS coach can do it in the MLS 3.0 era
    NYCFC is counting on a Big Name coach to quell the restless fans. It will certainly be a test case, there are people here who think that a Big Name foreign coach would do well for Toronto. If the MLS history of foreign coaches still holds in MLS 3.0, it won't work out like they hope. Capello is not used to working with players who make $60k per year, or with MLS refs.

Getting rid of a proven winner like Jason Kreis is so beyond stupid, I hope TFC can wrap him up. I'd choose Kreis over Sigi any day, and while Vanney might eventually prove to be a good coach for this league, Kreis enables us to have that experience right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The concept of hiring an elite European coaches Cappello or otherwise is not the greatest of ideas... These coaches are use to a higjh amount of player IQ and tactical awareness from players which the majority players in this league lacks. This is a flop waiting to happen and history has shown this to be true.

We need a coach that knows the league, is tactically astute and can motivate our players, hence why Kreis is the perfect fit.
    Although I would love to see Capello in MLS, I would have to agree there's potential for a huge amount of frustration with the league and overall player quality. Not to mention the refereeing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Yep, there is only one way to find out. At least we won't be the guinea pig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kreis also earns respect and time to retool the roster right off the bat. He has that banked. Problem with our recent run of managers is that none had anything banked because of no experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Although I would love to see Capello in MLS, I would have to agree there's potential for a huge amount of frustration with the league and overall player quality. Not to mention the refereeing.
    Agreed, this is why most European coaches don't make it here...

I remember when Winter was here, I met him at their hotel in Columbus after our first win on the road against them. We had a 2 hour conversation about soccer in general and he said something that stuck with me "the biggest adjustment to coming here is the lack of awareness and skill by 90% of the players" The league changed since then, but when you have players who make $60k and then you have Giovinco, Bradely etc... you will always have this disconnect

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armchair analyst on Kreis, NYCFC and team building. Gotta agree with Doyle:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...m-building-mls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Armchair analyst on Kreis, NYCFC and team building. Gotta agree with Doyle:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...m-building-mls
    I'm not sure if you are citing Doyle's article arguing that we should keep Vanney or hire Kreis?

For me Doyle makes a better argument for TFC keeping Vanney!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

If a coach has a proven track record, I'd be willing to give him a period of adjustment if others in the organization are able and willing to expedite the process. I do agree though, that some coaches who are spoiled with quality might struggle to adapt. For this reason I'd prefer to go with a lesser name who has a history of getting the most out of less. I'd LOVE to bring in a guy like Francesco Guidolin who is solid on various levels. Of course, the ability to speak English is huge though.

Kreis has to be option #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offer him a long term deal with complete autonomy and hope that he bites because of his familiarity with Manning. Without Manning, I don't think we'd have a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be the biggest signing by TFC ever. An experienced, quality MLS coach - brought in at the end of the season with plenty of time to build for the next...wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I don't agree with Kreis being hired as the next coach of TFC, but it would be interesting to see how Manning sells it as a move that promotes stability and consistency in the club. The revolving door continues to revolve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really dumb and short sighted by the NYFC owners to get rid of him after the teams first ever season in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Not that I don't agree with Kreis being hired as the next coach of TFC, but it would be interesting to see how Manning sells it as a move that promotes stability and consistency in the club. The revolving door continues to revolve.
    It's revolving but it is a legitimate hire if this pans out. Nelson/Vanney were shots in the dark, no experience. Kreis has a winning past in MLS and most teams would have them be their manager. This is all very intriguing. Great timing this all happened before the press conference lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut it down folks. Manning says they are sticking with Vanney.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He talked with Kreis, then decided to stick with Vanney. Maybe Kreis refused to come?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Could Kreis be coming in another capacity? Or maybe source of the rumour is just completely bogus.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He talked with Kreis, then decided to stick with Vanney. Maybe Kreis refused to come?
    I was wondering beforehand, would Kreis even want to come here? After he got burned by NYCFC, he's going to be extra cautious, and TFC has about 99 strikes against it.

It will be interesting to find out which Kreis-coached team will be destroying TFC in the next years...