Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

History of #11 for TFC (IIRC)

Jim Brennan

Nathan Sturgis

Luis Silva

Jackson

Babouli

Took us long enough to get a forward into that #.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess barring a literal last minute signing, this thread is closed and we should start the "In Season" thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli is not listed as a Homegrown Player on the roster page from the MLS site: http://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2016

Since it was also not mentioned in the release for his signing I have to assume he in fact is not a Homegrown Player. Maybe due to the fact he played in a semi-pro league (League1 Ontario) before joining the Academy?

Functionally I think the only differences are protection during expansion drafts (which IIRC may be phased out) and a greater portion retained from a transfer fee if he is moved outside the league, so not a huge deal I guess. Still a free cap hit since he's part of the supplemental roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Babouli is not listed as a Homegrown Player on the roster page from the MLS site: http://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2016

Since it was also not mentioned in the release for his signing I have to assume he in fact is not a Homegrown Player. Maybe due to the fact he played in a semi-pro league (League1 Ontario) before joining the Academy?

Functionally I think the only differences are protection during expansion drafts (which IIRC may be phased out) and a greater portion retained from a transfer fee if he is moved outside the league, so not a huge deal I guess. Still a free cap hit since he's part of the supplemental roster.
    To place a player on its homegrown player list, making him eligible to sign as a homegrown player, players must have resided in that club's home territory and participated in the club's youth development system for at least one year, as well as meeting other unspecified league requirements.

Given he joined the Senior Academy when he was 21, I guess that's not exactly a 'youth development system'. That would make sense to me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    I guess barring a literal last minute signing, this thread is closed and we should start the "In Season" thread.

New season has started, please continue the discussion here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...on-rumours-etc
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-06-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto