Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be curious to see what the deal with the cap due just releasing him is?
    Assuming he was on a guaranteed contract, I believe we still take the full cap hit for this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if he was on a guaranteed contract?

Because if so, it's not like this move provides any cab relief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Not sure how that works but im ok with it, thought he was useful and didnt mind hiim as depth but dont disagree with him moving on and kids getting a chance
    Its time we blend in the younger academy players and I agree with this move if it means we bring in one more players from TFC2.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would HOPE they have somebody in MLS lined up to take Moore.

Or, is there a potential for him to rip up the contract if he goes somewhere else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with waiving Moore. You can't have that much salary nailed to the bench in this league. We have options on TFC II that can be called up when necessary to fill the void.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it is a full cap hit why dont they jus keep him,they have no depth at all up front,with the man of glass injured and Gio maybe gone for the euros.3 empty import slots and no cap space,i guess TFC dont scout outside NA anymore.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We already exercised our buyout with Kantari so there must be a play to do this and have it wipe off the books. This looks like a roster compliance move.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember we restructured his deal in 2015. I doubt it was to have him on a multi-year guaranteed contract with a large salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil confirms what some of us have been thinking/saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is speculation from Schuller and Rollins that we have enough GAM to get under the cap regardless of what happens with Moore, but we were trying to find an English team that would take him on with no luck (since then he'd be off the book and we wouldn't need to use any funny money).

So my guess now is that we couldn't find any suitors overseas, so we are going to buy out his contract and use GAM to buy down as much as we need to to get under the cap. We already used our free buy out on Kantari, but given the situation it makes sense to buy out Moore, take the cap penalty (which would be less than Moore's full hit), then use allocation to get unde the limit. I think that makes sense, unless I'm really missing something. Trading away a depth CB for allocation could still be on the cards as well.

Good news is this move suggests Endoh and Babouli will both be signed (both have no cap implications).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominoes

Caldwell gets injured
    Bloom gets injured
    Creavalle can't do the job at RB
    Hagglund goes to RB and fails and loses confidence
    Perquis has issues bedding in without an expereinced CD to pair him
    Zaveletta does "OK" at CD but defence isn't considered strong enough to do the job (get into the playoffs)
    Kantari purchased, overpriced
    Kantari doesn't do the job

I suspect that Moore was going to be either moved or bought out this season. But the "we need defence NOW" pressure became too much and Bez bought something he shouldn't have (in hindsight).

Moral of the Story

GET DEPTH EVERYWHERE

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Larson

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/26...ith-luke-moore

League insiders say there’s a good chance an MLS club will swoop for Moore, an experienced striker who wants to continue playing in North America.
    Lets see....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Keep in mind this could come at any point in the season. If he's picked up in the summer, Reds will receive at least some salary cap relief if not all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Keep in mind this could come at any point in the season. If he's picked up in the summer, Reds will receive at least some salary cap relief if not all.
    Kurt, are you able to provide your views on his strengths and weaknesses as a player, or any comments on how TFC will fill the gap when Jozy is with the USA and Gio with Italy, etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the party line. If he wanted MLS why was he spending months in England?

Two sides stuck between a rock and a hard place now looking to put lipstick on a pig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sounds like the party line. If he wanted MLS why was he spending months in England?

Two sides stuck between a rock and a hard place now looking to put lipstick on a pig.
    I'm assuming he didn't care either way.unloading him to an English club for any fee would've given us allocation money on top of getting rid of his contract. this is the worst case scenario that might still turn out okay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I think Moore was fishing for best deal. Being in England at least has eyes of English clubs scouting him in case they want him.

I can see a team like Philly who have like 2 strikers claiming Moore. NYCFC might like an another ex EPL striker too. Rapids. Dallas can use more depth at top. Seattle after letting go Martins can use more depth.

Lots of teams can use a striker like Moore. Though at what cap hit is another question.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll snow in the Mojave Desert in July before someone claims Moore, if the price is his 2015 salary.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure he only has a year left on his contract. If a team has the cap space and is looking for depth up front to fill out their roster, it's pretty low risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering we're taking the cap hit anyway, if we can get half that money back I'd consider it good business.

Looking forward to seeing Gomez and Giovinco link up now. Too bad for Moore though, I actually liked him for a 4th striker, but I guess not at his pay grade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd much rather see Mo Balbouli than Moore. Time to give an academy kid a chance off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bez knows there's a team who wants him. I don't see him dumping Moore and having to make another move. Otherwise, he'd just keep Moore as insurance during summer with potentially Gio and Jozy gone. A team must have called him, and rather than having to give up an asset, waived him so its a free trade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I think Bez knows there's a team who wants him. I don't see him dumping Moore and having to make another move. Otherwise, he'd just keep Moore as insurance during summer with potentially Gio and Jozy gone. A team must have called him, and rather than having to give up an asset, waived him so its a free trade
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Then why not trade him for $1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Then why not trade him for $1
    Sets a bad precedent and is embarrassing to the player. After Buddy Ryan did that back with Chris Carter, I think it got dumped on so much that no one will ever do that again in any sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Sets a bad precedent and is embarrassing to the player. After Buddy Ryan did that back with Chris Carter, I think it got dumped on so much that no one will ever do that again in any sport.
    But no one would ever know

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    But no one would ever know
    Only if they called it GAM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if they called it GAM.
    it's called 4th round pick in supplementary draft ;P
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it's called 4th round pick in supplementary draft ;P
    This is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)