Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah I agree, I'd rather have Jozy than many of the names other people throw out.

Coaching could help us up front as well; although I wonder if that late growth spurt / bulk up means Altidore still plays with the mentality he had when he was first in MLS and carrying a much smaller frame.

For a guy who is so strong I frequently wonder about his hold-up play. I agree target men aren't often noted for their defending, so when you have Giovinco out there as well (who is light on defensive responsibility) it starts to be an issue.
    I think Jozy has to change his game but I think he would and can. Vanney should use him like the Crew use Kamara. Kamara causes havok in the box and wins almost everything in the air or at least makes the CBs very uncomfortable. He is strong and always around the area causing troubles and it frees a lot of space for Finlay & the rest. Jozy is bigger, stronger, and just as athletic. No reason he can't do a similar job and it'd be better than having a guy that big, no matter how athletic or skilled he may be, doing things on the wing that aren't helping the team. Seeing Jozy picking up the ball at midfield and heading to the touchline always made me freak out. It was setting him up to fail. He isn't equipped to take on FBs with pace and to set him up to do so is just plain stupid. Vanney = stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    As we've gone over plenty of times before getting the number of goals he did on the number of shots he had was heavily fighting the trend. Logic says that he's not going to be able to do that again unless he's more active next year.
    How does logic say this? If what he did was so unlikely, surely we should be lauding him for an excellent season. Instead, I see many comments that he was "just lucky" or they were just "tap ins." In either case, why can't he do the same or improve (with an actual off-season to get in shape)?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto FC are pondering a shock "Serie A" double raid for Andrea Barzagli and Daniele De Rossi
    http://www.europacalcio.it/news/mercato-toronto-sempre-piu-italiana-i-canadesi-vogliono-anche-santacroce-barzagli-e-de-rossi-82313.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Toronto FC are pondering a shock "Serie A" double raid for Andrea Barzagli and Daniele De Rossi
    http://www.europacalcio.it/news/mercato-toronto-sempre-piu-italiana-i-canadesi-vogliono-anche-santacroce-barzagli-e-de-rossi-82313.html
    Interesting if true. Although I do wonder what all this will do to our ticket prices... Other MLS teams are able to find decent defenders & DMs for reasonable amounts of money, but that's not us I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Interesting if true. Although I do wonder what all this will do to our ticket prices... Other MLS teams are able to find decent defenders & DMs for reasonable amounts of money, but that's not us I guess.
    Gotta think big, putting TFC on the map, being a super club and all those things Papa Tim taught us when he came here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true ands I hope it's not, I think the Bez plan is to hopefully buy enough expensive, experienced talent to cover the glaring deficiencies at the manager level. You bring in enough experienced stars then a monkey could manage the team I guess and probably everyone on the pitch will call their own plays and tactics anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make to keep a list of these, for entertainment purposes only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh cant wait for the Rooney to TFC rumors very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    How does logic say this? If what he did was so unlikely, surely we should be lauding him for an excellent season. Instead, I see many comments that he was "just lucky" or they were just "tap ins." In either case, why can't he do the same or improve (with an actual off-season to get in shape)?
    Sounds like you've already spelled it out and just don't like the answers. Shooting infrequently means scoring infrequently more often than not.

We'll see how he does next year I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Jozy has to change his game but I think he would and can. Vanney should use him like the Crew use Kamara. Kamara causes havok in the box and wins almost everything in the air or at least makes the CBs very uncomfortable. He is strong and always around the area causing troubles and it frees a lot of space for Finlay & the rest. Jozy is bigger, stronger, and just as athletic. No reason he can't do a similar job and it'd be better than having a guy that big, no matter how athletic or skilled he may be, doing things on the wing that aren't helping the team. Seeing Jozy picking up the ball at midfield and heading to the touchline always made me freak out. It was setting him up to fail. He isn't equipped to take on FBs with pace and to set him up to do so is just plain stupid. Vanney = stupid.
    Agreed, wide play was one of the dumbest things I saw from the coaching staff all year.

I don't see the Kamara role working for him on this team - we need someone anchoring the middle because that gives more freedom for gio to drift around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it. Sign them up.

We are back to back off season champs, looking to threepeat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Love it. Sign them up.

We are back to back off season champs, looking to threepeat.
    Well it hasn't failed us yet. Success starts now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agents working the system.

Somebody forgot to tell the newspaper editors over there that the guy who signed Gio got canned
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first rumor of the off season, yay!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Somebody forgot to tell the newspaper editors over there that the guy who signed Gio got canned
    TL?

Means nothing. Seba is happy, in the Azzuri and scoring for fun. The rest is background noise.

BTW, this is unlikely agent talk as its 2 different agents. More likely content creation.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Our first rumor of the off season, yay!!!
    Pages and pages of discussion in the Off-Season rumour thread before any genuine Off-Season rumours come.

Here's an English language article on the Italian player rumour :

http://torontoreds.com/2015/11/07/re...rie-a-players/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really like it if de Rossi came. A stud DM is a real need. We could pay down his salary with TAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

and that theres a salary cap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'd really like it if de Rossi came. A stud DM is a real need. We could pay down his salary with TAM.
    If hes willing to take a massive pay cut and we only use it for one year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting. Both players would be perfect for what TFC needs... Hard to believe though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30+ aging players is not what we need.
    We've tried this over and over and it rarely works.

These are the type of players we should be looking at:

http://www.just-football.com/2015/01...ew-mascherano/

Alot of these specific guys might be unrealistic, as they seem destined for Italy, Spain or England (Romero, Kranevitter, etc.), but this is the type of player we should be after.

We need another Laba. He was a fantastic signing who has fit in MLS perfectly.

We obviously can't get him back, but we should be looking for a similar replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

Alot of these specific guys might be unrealistic, as they seem destined for Italy, Spain or England (Romero, Kranevitter, etc.), but this is the type of player we should be after.

We obviously can't get him back, but we should be looking for a similar replacement.
    Don't be ridiculous gdg. This would be a sensible and needed type of player. Your out to lunch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gdg I see what you're saying, but De Rossi is slightly better than Laba.
    Balzagri would be a perfect anchor in the defense.. Something that we desperately need.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Rossi will require DP spot. so one of the DPs have to go.

Barzagli... old, injury prone. Does he have the pace to keep up, or is he going to be another Nesta in MLS? (IE slow and get pushed around)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt De Rossi ever leaves Roma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would have ever thought that tfc would be rejecting offers from Barca? lol

De Rossi would be a huge hit here, although I highly doubt he will leave Roma. 10% chance.

Barzagli was one of the best players for Juve at the CL final. Even at his age, would be a big improvement to the back line as long s he stays healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barzagli appears to be on 1.7 mil euros after tax in italy... how the hell do we think he will sign for 4-500k pre tax here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio - 28
    Jozy - 26
    Bradley - 28

De Rossi - 32
    Barzagli - 34

Not saying our current 3 DP's are ideal, but looking at their ages......think we need to not go for the older players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    Gio - 28
    Jozy - 26
    Bradley - 28

De Rossi - 32
    Barzagli - 34

Not saying our current 3 DP's are ideal, but looking at their ages......think we need to not go for the older players
    Giovinco is not ideal? I think you mean only Bradley and Jozy.

Drogba is 37 and look at what he has done.
    Last edited by ronzilla; 11-08-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

These aren't past your prime players. Both are still performing very well for club. Some would argue Barzagli is still Juve's best defender. If we can some how get these two, you sure as heck get them because they are both still national team players, and some of the best in the world at their respective roles despite their ages.

Also, De Rossi has played in the Roma midfield w/ Bradley. He would be the perfect addition. My only concern is how you add them both. Subtracting Altidore obviously makes sense, but can you use the core-dp to get the other?