Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I DO not live in Toronto but when I do visit I usually take the Go Train in (wish there was more trains coming form Guelph ) and take the TTC to go to certain areas and have never had a problem I do realize the TTC needs to be expand big time . And when I do go to games I take the Go train form Burlington Hell it stops right in front of BMO cannot complain about that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Actually it is very relevant because it plays a big part in choosing a city to play in for a player, simple as that.
    Riiiiight but maybe more relevant if we know what player even started the discussion? that was pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    "All these little details that, for me, having been in the league 11 years now, I've seen all of them and in my opinion Toronto has the best to offer in terms of an overall club and organization experience," Moor said. "That's why I think free agency is so great for the league."
    It was Moor if anyone just joined us. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-23-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Speaking of the Bay Area I saw on a documentary on HBO called San Francisco 2.0 that San Fran and parts of Silicone Valley has become Uber expensive to live.
    thanks gotta watch that.

I understand east coast market values pretty well, but the west coast pricing (and lifestyle) has always left me a bit perplexed. probably cuz im not rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    thanks gotta watch that.

I understand east coast market values pretty well, but the west coast pricing (and lifestyle) has always left me a bit perplexed. probably cuz im not rich
    The Bay Area/ Silicone Valley is an anomaly, and it has the highest property prices outside of Manhattan. With all the people flocking in to work at tech companies, the property values have been driven up through the roof. It is protected by the high cost of ownership, and the restrictions to purchasing property for foreigners (50% down payment!) so vacancy rates have been around 0.6% for years. Plus, there are restrictions to building (no highrises or building on the hills surrounding the valley) due to the high risk of earthquakes.

If you were looking for a rental in San Jose (southern tip of the bay), you would expect to pay prices similar or a little higher than downtown Toronto- $2,500 USD for a 1BR. The closer you move to San Fran, the closer you get to doubling that rent.

Most people that don't own property in the area split rent with other people. Outside of the big tech salaries, it is virtually impossible to afford rent in the bay area.

On the flip side, The area is amazing and the high cost is proportional to the desirability of the location. But as one person put it, :"unless you are wringing every drop of enjoyment out of the lifestyle, it's probably not worth it".

I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the longer this Luke Moore business goes on the more I feel that the Reds are not going to be able to get rid of him. Maybe a loan to NASL if he'll take it might be a way to get him off the books.

Thoughts?

I'm also thinking that guys like Morgan, Zavaleta or Williams might have to be traded away for draft picks or GAM/TAM to get under the cap for March 6.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    the longer this Luke Moore business goes on the more I feel that the Reds are not going to be able to get rid of him. Maybe a loan to NASL if he'll take it might be a way to get him off the books.

Thoughts?

I'm also thinking that guys like Morgan, Zavaleta or Williams might have to be traded away for draft picks or GAM/TAM to get under the cap for March 6.
    No NASL team would ever touch his wage and unless TFC gets a team to take on a decent about of it, whats the point.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    No NASL team would ever touch his wage and unless TFC gets a team to take on a decent about of it, whats the point.
    Cosmos might.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was who I was thinking about specifically - No Raul anymore - they might be willing to take him on - who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They made an offer for torres. I don't think money is a huge issue for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    They made an offer for torres. I don't think money is a huge issue for them.
    Christ on a crutch, surely you mean Raffi and not Fernando?!? In the NASL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando just signed Nocerino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Orlando just signed Nocerino.
    French media reporting Giovinco is a Chelsea priority.

https://twitter.com/SoccerFranceOff/...3992725188609f

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    French media reporting Giovinco is a Chelsea priority.

https://twitter.com/SoccerFranceOff/...3992725188609f
    That account has 800 followers... RPB has 4,000.
    I wouldn't pay much attention to that.
    Barca was after Seba also...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now that tweet is deleted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ there is still one posted from some other podcast program.. Nothing to put stock in at the present time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ there is still one posted from some other podcast program.. Nothing to put stock in at the present time.
    Could happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect it comes from this: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/02...-top-the-list/

Which is pure speculation from Chelsea fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This line from that site:

Though the Italian star is reportedly very happy in MLS, money talks – and the Canadian outfit can’t pay him what Chelsea can
    Seba is already paid more then the median for Chelsea players. They'd have to give him a BIG raise and promise him a starting position - Conte (who is the reason why this article is even brought up) isn't going to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea could play him more than tfc, but they wouldn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@naslofficial: NEWS | Striker @RobbieFindley signs with @RayoOKC: https://t.co/YpNR5Hn1kv https://t.co/nDo3rB8Mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore out for two weeks at least to start the season, I am officially anti-Altidore unacceptable amount of time off due to injuries and international duty, get a DP that can at least stay fit
    Edit: maybe China will take him off our hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still a believer in Jozy but if this hamstring thing keeps popping up this season people are going to sour on him real fast (well, the ones that haven't already). Maybe Seba has raised my standards for a DP too much but I can't help but think this contract for Jozy isn't going to be worth it in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    I'm still a believer in Jozy but if this hamstring thing keeps popping up this season people are going to sour on him real fast (well, the ones that haven't already). Maybe Seba has raised my standards for a DP too much but I can't help but think this contract for Jozy isn't going to be worth it in the end.
    Seba exceeds DP standards, Jozy (when fit and available to play) probably also exceeds DP standards, however his injuries factored in with international duty are just too much in a salary cap world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Seba exceeds DP standards, Jozy (when fit and available to play) probably also exceeds DP standards, however his injuries factored in with international duty are just too much in a salary cap world
    I agree and the return is not even close to what we have invested in him. It's way to much money for someone who isn't in the starting 11. I wonder if head office is kicking themselves for letting Gilberto go yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I agree and the return is not even close to what we have invested in him. It's way to much money for someone who isn't in the starting 11. I wonder if head office is kicking themselves for letting Gilberto go yet.
    They should be, but then again that wasnt really their fault either given the fact that Gil basically got himself kicked out of Vasco

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be. Gilberto hasn't come close to what Altidore managed last year (GPM) in his career yet and no guarantee that he ever will.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Altidore:

13 goals last season, 10th in the league, more then many a forward DP.

Per his cap hit, worth it.

Am I happy he's injured again? No. Am I going to throw out a guy who when here was more productive per game then David Silva? Nope.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This IS just like last year:

Some people preferring style over results. I liked Gilberto's style. I liked Altidore's results last year even better. He's not great to watch most of the time but lucky for us we have a player or 2 that are.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On Altidore:

13 goals last season, 10th in the league, more then many a forward DP.

Per his cap hit, worth it.

Am I happy he's injured again? No. Am I going to throw out a guy who when here was more productive per game then David Silva? Nope.

10th in the league isn't really a ringing endorsement considering what he is getting paid, and the fact he is playing alongside a player with one of the highest assists if not the highest in league.His goals tally is only one higher than Drogba who didn't even start the season. You mention Silva, I think you meant Villa, who scored nearly double what Jozy did, regardless of games player, it's goals that count.

I don't mind Jozy, when he's good he looks the part, problem is his fitness and consistency. It's okay saying his goals per game etc are higher than this player or that player, fact is he misses a lot of games. As he gets older these concerns get stronger. I for one am not throwing him under the bus but I certainly understand peoples concerns with him. When he doesn't play we really don't have quality backup for him. When players come back from injuries it takes them a couple of games to get up to match fitness as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I wouldn't be. Gilberto hasn't come close to what Altidore managed last year (GPM) in his career yet and no guarantee that he ever will.
    You might want to look at those numbers again.

Altidore last year avg a goal every 145mins

Gilberto at Portugesea avg a goal every 138mins
    Gilberto at the Fire avg a goal every 136mins