0 Thread(s)

Aren't Barca transfer banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Aren't Barca transfer banned?
    They can't register players for the first team until January.

They already bought players in the summer and have them playing for the B team (Turan, Vidal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure there is much here. He would be riding the bench, TFC would demand (and should) on a massive transfer fee and he is on massive wages.

That said this could a loan that is too long for TFC. We need him healthy for pre-season no contest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post

Not sure there is much here. He would be riding the bench, TFC would demand (and should) on a massive transfer fee and he is on massive wages.

That said this could a loan that is too long for TFC. We need him healthy for pre-season no contest.
    agreed, but a loan to barca for champ league games is like putting a TFC billboard on the MOON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought, but what about a trade with Vancouver, Jozy for Laba? They need another proven goal scorer and TFC needs a real defensive mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Just a thought, but what about a trade with Vancouver, Jozy for Laba? They need another proven goal scorer and TFC needs a real defensive mid.
    The problem with jozy is his salary. If he were making jermaine jones money (2-2.5mil i believe) i think their would be a few teams lining up to try and get him (philly, chicago etc) but at close to 5mil a season i don't really see anyone who needs a striker wanting to spend that kind of money on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also whos saying Jozy wants to go play for Vancouver, lets not forget a human being is involved in this equation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Also whos saying Jozy wants to go play for Vancouver, lets not forget a human being is involved in this equation.
    In MLS, that's not really accurate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is football, players are like trading cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    In MLS, that's not really accurate...
    Well yes and no.

DPs get no trade clauses. So if they are going to be traded they'll have to agree on the destination and waive it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, who thinks Carl Robinson has lost his mind. Laba led the league in tackles and is clearly the best DM, as far as I'm concerned, and the only place he'd be going is Europe. Laba > Jozy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Also, who thinks Carl Robinson has lost his mind. Laba led the league in tackles and is clearly the best DM, as far as I'm concerned, and the only place he'd be going is Europe. Laba > Jozy.

Cosign and who actually thinks the league would force a USMNT player to play in yet another Canadian city against his will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the Redbull's are interested, a swap for Dax Mcarty and allocation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well yes and no.

DPs get no trade clauses. So if they are going to be traded they'll have to agree on the destination and waive it.
    Not always... look at Defoe and TFC protecting him during the expansion draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wonder if the Redbull's are interested, a swap for Dax Mcarty and allocation?
    Nah, Redbulls are winning cheap no need. Would be a good move for us though.

Chicago after losing out on jones and drogba may be a landing spot but i think his price tag is too high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not always... look at Defoe and TFC protecting him during the expansion draft.
    They get protected because they have a no trade clause.

Designated Players are NOT automatically protected (i.e., clubs must choose whether to protect such players and if such player is not protected, he will be available for selection in the Expansion Draft). However, if the Designated Player has a no-trade clause in his contract, then his MLS club must protect him and he will count as one of the 11 players who may be protected.
    http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...on-draft-rules

A more recent example...

Last edited by Areathrasher; 11-06-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They get protected because they have a no trade clause.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...on-draft-rules

A more recent example...

Just a few off the top of my head...

Eddie Johnson
    Claudio Bieler
    Tim Cahill

All DP that weren't protected in the draft. No trade clauses are not automatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue is teams across the globe are looking for destroyer type DM's they are a very rare commodity. I honestly think you can only sign one on a DP contract....think Alidore money...My choice would be Nigel De Jong but i cant see TFC getting rid of Bradley or Altidore. And well that boat has kind of sailed since he renewed his contact in 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few off the top of my head...

Eddie Johnson
    Claudio Bieler
    Tim Cahill

All DP that weren't protected in the draft. No trade clauses are not automatic.
    Yea, I know. You said look at Defoe, what did you mean then?

Also you think Jozy/Bradley/Giovinco don't have no trades?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all DPs have no trade clauses. But in any case, I seriously doubt there is another MLS team willing to pay Altidore $4.75 million. He didn't exactly light it up this season, and for that kind of money you want one of the top players in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Not all DPs have no trade clauses. But in any case, I seriously doubt there is another MLS team willing to pay Altidore $4.75 million. He didn't exactly light it up this season, and for that kind of money you want one of the top players in the league.
    Considering how often he played, he actually did.

It'd average out to 18 goals in a full season (not taking into account that some of his 25 matches were off the bench) and that was with being used wrong my our manager. 18 goals would be right near the top of MLS goal scoring.

I think a lot of people forget what a top goal scoring forward is in MLS. Everyone wanted Gilberto like nothing else and the guy got 8 in 27 matches.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 11-06-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    When we put pen to paper most clubs were screaming we overpaid and drove up the market. Average MLS teams can't afford the contracts we have on the books. The ones that can don't appear to be in a position to take either of these guys on.

The sad truth is our coach / GM have rose coloured glasses on for the Stars and Stripes. Nobody else in their right mind would have paid either of these guys that much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the 10th best scorer in the league and the top #2 striker on any team is just got no market for him.

Any team in this league, baring LAG, would have him if they could afford him. Orlando, NYCFC, Seattle, SKC, or the Fire would have him for sure at that salary and there are about 5 others who might make it work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes, the 10th best scorer in the league and the top #2 striker on any team is just got no market for him.

Any team in this league, baring LAG, would have him if they could afford him. Orlando, NYCFC, Seattle, SKC, or the Fire would have him for sure at that salary and there are about 5 others who might make it work.
    Obviously all the "let's dump Jozy" crowd thinks we don't need his mid teens to high teens goals next year since Vanney is actively trimming that many goals off our goals against. We can always count on Findley or Moore to fill the net in Jozy's absence or better yet for the more delusional sort; start Hamilton.

As much as people say without Seba we wouldn't have finished in 6th place then without Jozy's 13, some of which were game winning, then we would have had no playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Obviously all the "let's dump Jozy" crowd thinks we don't need his mid teens to high teens goals next year since Vanney is actively trimming that many goals off our goals against. We can always count on Findley or Moore to fill the net in Jozy's absence or better yet for the more delusional sort; start Hamilton.

As much as people say without Seba we wouldn't have finished in 6th place then without Jozy's 13, some of which were game winning, then we would have had no playoffs.
    LOL 13 goals and some dont even want him to be get a 2nd year to improve.

He needs to be utlized better thats all, or we coudl roll the dice ie Gilberto 8 goals and Urriti 10 goals in 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have basically given up on us doing any better than this year next season. I am also resigned to the fact that the squad will go boom come summer when we name our new manager.

My biggest hope for next year is that the roof is good and the Argos don't totally fuck up the pitch but I think they will.

2016 is not shaping up to be a good one at this point but a lot can happen between now and spring.
    My sentiments exactly. To that I'll add enjoying another year of Seba magic. Only in TFC land can there be a step back after making the playoffs for the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally, nobody has said this. Nobody.

As we've gone over plenty of times before getting the number of goals he did on the number of shots he had was heavily fighting the trend. Logic says that he's not going to be able to do that again unless he's more active next year.

You also need to acknowledge defending with these two guys on the field (given their tendencies) is sub optimal.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-06-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Literally, nobody has said this. Nobody.

As we've gone over plenty of times before getting the number of goals he did on the number of shots he did was heavily fighting the trend. Logic says that he's not going to be able to do that again unless he's more active next year.

You also need to acknowledge defending with these two guys on the field (given their tendencies) is sub optimal.
    He'd probably get more touches and chances if he was positioned in the box rather than all over the pitch. And most forwards, goal scoring forwards, aren't known for their defense.

Where would you suppose the goal allotment would come from then if he were gone? As for my first statement, I though it was clear, I wasn't implying people said that. I was just trying to figure out how people can be so adamant about dumping a guy that is so shit that he scored the 3rd highest goals total in a season in our history.

But I guess we could get a guy like Gilberto in, save a few million bucks for MLSE, have a guy who runs around like crazy and is active, and can score less goals. That is always an option and one that it seems a lot of people would prefer. Maybe we should get Wiedeman back. He ran all over, didn't score, and was super affordable.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 11-06-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree, I'd rather have Jozy than many of the names other people throw out.

Coaching could help us up front as well; although I wonder if that late growth spurt / bulk up means Altidore still plays with the mentality he had when he was first in MLS and carrying a much smaller frame.

For a guy who is so strong I frequently wonder about his hold-up play. I agree target men aren't often noted for their defending, so when you have Giovinco out there as well (who is light on defensive responsibility) it starts to be an issue.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-06-2015 at 03:27 PM.