Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    I thought we traded that 3rd round pick for Irwin?
    We traded our middle 3rd rounder for irwin, still have late third rounder we got for convey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we bring in another keeper, then I'm guessing there will definitely be more moves out. Unless they want to just leave some 2 roster spots for Hamilton, Mannella, Endoh, and TFCII players like Thomas, Charpie, and Babouli to fight for during training camp. And that assumes they don't sign a DM or AM with TAM.

As high as people seem to be on Babouli, he's also 23 now. Time is ticking for him to get into the first team. Perhaps he would be a better bang for buck option as a 4th striker than Luke Moore, and with more of a future. Mannella is also 21. Is he ready to play a role and back up Cheyrou, or does he need another year in the USL?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm still pining for a DM but I doubt that is going to happen this season.

Forwards concerns me - I think we need a decent enough #5 as Hamilton isn't doing the job and I'm not sold on Moore at #4 as worth his cap hit. I think Gomez is a good #3 and has the touch of a goal scorer still - if his legs don't give out, we've got maybe 1 decent season out of him. Would be nice if we could get some goal scoring out of our midfield.
    If we step back and ignore the cap hit each player is, does Moore work at #4, strictly based on what he brings to the field?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    I thought we traded that 3rd round pick for Irwin?
    TFC have picks 59, 70 and 80 today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If we bring in another keeper, then I'm guessing there will definitely be more moves out. Unless they want to just leave some 2 roster spots for Hamilton, Mannella, Endoh, and TFCII players like Thomas, Charpie, and Babouli to fight for during training camp. And that assumes they don't sign a DM or AM with TAM.

As high as people seem to be on Babouli, he's also 23 now. Time is ticking for him to get into the first team. Perhaps he would be a better bang for buck option as a 4th striker than Luke Moore, and with more of a future. Mannella is also 21. Is he ready to play a role and back up Cheyrou, or does he need another year in the USL?
    Hoping to see Mannella get a chance with the first team. Babouli and Hamilton are not MLS quality players, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what happened to Hanson Boakai? He's not with FC Edmonton this year and I haven't seen any signings in the news. It's like he fell off the face of the earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post

27 of 28 roster spots filled now. After loans to TFC II (Hamilton and one of Bono/Roberts most likely, maybe Mannella) we will have some space to work with. I could see a scenario where we sign Endoh to a TFC II contract, and if he's performing well and we're in need of a wide player on the senior roster he's signed to an MLS contract mid-season (like we did with Simonin last year).

Babouli is on the brink of making the jump to MLS. With him being a little older, it's getting very close to the point where you give him a shot at the highest level, because if he can't show anything now it's unlikely he ever will. But because we have 4 strikers ahead of him, it might be better to give him one more year with TFC II. No use giving him a contract if he won't actually get a chance to play. If we move Moore, I'd sign him. But it appears as though the team is pretty set at the moment... I think Babouli will have the year to fine-tune his game and prove he can perform two years in a row, and then he'll get his chance next year as one of Moore or Gomez will likely be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Hanson Boakai? He's not with FC Edmonton this year and I haven't seen any signings in the news. It's like he fell off the face of the earth.
    Linked with us according to Rollins, but nothing ever happened... I just searched twitter and found this, linking him to a move in Europe (Italy you'd assume) but no club is mentioned. Take that with a grain of salt as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    27 of 28 roster spots filled now. After loans to TFC II (Hamilton and one of Bono/Roberts most likely, maybe Mannella) we will have some space to work with. I could see a scenario where we sign Endoh to a TFC II contract, and if he's performing well and we're in need of a wide player on the senior roster he's signed to an MLS contract mid-season (like we did with Simonin last year).

Babouli is on the brink of making the jump to MLS. With him being a little older, it's getting very close to the point where you give him a shot at the highest level, because if he can't show anything now it's unlikely he ever will. But because we have 4 strikers ahead of him, it might be better to give him one more year with TFC II. No use giving him a contract if he won't actually get a chance to play. If we move Moore, I'd sign him. But it appears as though the team is pretty set at the moment... I think Babouli will have the year to fine-tune his game and prove........
    What people don't know is that TFC prematurely gave Clement Simonin an MLS contract.

Due to the fact that their was a massive rule change that took place last year (created by the Galaxy) which is that players from the reserve teams can be called up to the first team. They had 3 players do it (Ariel Lassister, Dave Romney, and Daniel Steres).

This means we as fans, management and players like Babouli, Thomas, and I would even say Raheem Edwards could get a look in the MLS on their USL contracts before they get the "commitment" of an MLS contract.

Now I don't know the exact specifications of the rule (I. E. If called up more than x amount of times, then a contract has to be offered)

At the end of the day, this rule increase our developmental slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    What people don't know is that TFC prematurely gave Clement Simonin an MLS contract.

Due to the fact that their was a massive rule change that took place last year (created by the Galaxy) which is that players from the reserve teams can be called up to the first team. They had 3 players do it (Ariel Lassister, Dave Romney, and Daniel Steres).
    MLS: Where rule changes happen when the LA Galaxy need them.

Sign Beckham - DP Rule
    Sign Dos Santos - TAM Rule
    Injuries - Callup Rule

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This means we as fans, management and players like Babouli, Thomas, and I would even say Raheem Edwards could get a look in the MLS on their USL contracts before they get the "commitment" of an MLS contract.

Now I don't know the exact specifications of the rule (I. E. If called up more than x amount of times, then a contract has to be offered)

To be fair, we had 3 defenders left uninjured and the rule change happened weeks later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Ives article Initial B found

Bez says this about the keeper need,

The way I would frame it is more that I felt we needed, with the chemistry of the back line, something was off last year collectively as a unit between the back line, the defensive midfielder and the goalkeeper, and we felt like we needed to make a change and have a fresh start

First time I've heard anybody in the brain trust mention the phrase "the defensive midfielder". Small portents of a 4-1-3-2 with Cheyrou nailed to in front of the back 4?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    MLS: Where rule changes happen when the LA Galaxy need them.

Sign Beckham - DP Rule
    Sign Dos Santos - TAM Rule
    Injuries - Callup Rule
    Pretty much. MLS fans have known this for years.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God in Heaven, this league. I'd hate to be a GM. I hope they have a listserv where they can find out this stuff quicker than we can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    If I am not mistaken, TAM can't be used on current MLS players unless they are DPs.
    I thought so too.... looks like you can use TAM on an existing player. Red Bulls re-sign Dax using TAM so as to not make him a DP, despite (as of now) having a DP slot open. Unless this article is wrong, cause you know, MLS.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/...ticle_id=43681

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the LA Galaxy were only permitted to use those players for domestic cup competitions. I know that Caps were denied the ability to use their USL squad for CCL, MLS action...so the possibility of assigning a player permanently for a year to USL may be a necessity. I like the Clint Irwin pick -up, very good keeper with a flair for the dramatic....has the ability to exaggerate contact and getting the opposition a yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does Daniel Lovitz fit in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capfan View Post
    I believe the LA Galaxy were only permitted to use those players for domestic cup competitions. I know that Caps were denied the ability to use their USL squad for CCL, MLS action...so the possibility of assigning a player permanently for a year to USL may be a necessity. I like the Clint Irwin pick -up, very good keeper with a flair for the dramatic....has the ability to exaggerate contact and getting the opposition a yellow.
    Galaxy II players played in at least one MLS game, IIRC. At Houston around june.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Where does Daniel Lovitz fit in?
    Left back depth and width.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Galaxy II players played in at least one MLS game, IIRC. At Houston around june.
    The supposed 28 man roster was bent as the season progressed, I believe Seattle may have had over 30 when the season ended, but if you look at roster rules and regulations, there are only a few ways to add players - you can have an emergency call -up if you only have 1 keeper or unable to dress 15 players - the other way is through season ending injury or short -term injury where the player is mothballed for at least 6 matches, and you have to have the cap room. So you could assign say Hamilton to USL for the year, but bring him up during the season if a player sustains a lengthy injury. If I'm wrong and there is another explanation, I would like to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capfan View Post
    The supposed 28 man roster was bent as the season progressed, I believe Seattle may have had over 30 when the season ended, but if you look at roster rules and regulations, there are only a few ways to add players - you can have an emergency call -up if you only have 1 keeper or unable to dress 15 players - the other way is through season ending injury or short -term injury where the player is mothballed for at least 6 matches, and you have to have the cap room. So you could assign say Hamilton to USL for the year, but bring him up during the season if a player sustains a lengthy injury. If I'm wrong and there is another explanation, I would like to know.
    Basically there's a loophole, a massive one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leonardo Molinelli reporting on Anthony Totera's show that Borriello's been offered a contract as per someone out of Borriello's camp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Leonardo Molinelli reporting on Anthony Totera's show that Borriello's been offered a contract as per someone out of Borriello's camp
    By TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    By TFC?
    Yeah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yeah
    Almost seems like we're going out of our way to piss off Saputo these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the big Portuguese papers are saying that Sporting are going after Borriello. Di Amico is his agent right? And Aquiliani plays for Sporting with Di Amico as his agent?

Di Amico working hard to get a deal for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borriello is 33 though....can't see this happening....Wouldn't really be an upgrade on Altidore either...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I can not really see the Reds making a big move with the way the roster stacks right now. I really see the last roster spot or two being a kid, draft pick, home grown academy type.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it is a big deal but i don't see how Lovitz fits an MLS team right now, he would be a great loan candidate for Ottaway Fury.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Borriello is 33 though....can't see this happening....Wouldn't really be an upgrade on Altidore either...
    He wouldn't be and he won't. It'd be for Moore if anyone