Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Any GK that Toronto FC would be looking at?
    vague rumours indicating we are 90% likely to sign somoene from europe using TAM, specifically looking at a couple from serie A though that's not the only place we're looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's unusually quiet right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It's unusually quiet right now
    Holiday period. Usually quiet now.

Things will pick up in a couple weeks when training camps loom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Holiday period. Usually quiet now.

Things will pick up in a couple weeks when training camps loom.
    Still there's usually something bouncing around, this time nothing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two years ago by this time Defoe was all but signed (photo's in England taken before Christmas actually).

1 year ago, the Seba talks were going well.

Something is likely happening now as far as a keeper is concerned - it just hasn't gotten out yet or gotten to the point where a decision has been made.

If we move Moore, we will likely have to bring in some other forward. Cause Hamilton and Gomez ain't enough.

We have 2 int spots to work with as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Two years ago by this time Defoe was all but signed (photo's in England taken before Christmas actually).

1 year ago, the Seba talks were going well.

Something is likely happening now as far as a keeper is concerned - it just hasn't gotten out yet or gotten to the point where a decision has been made.

If we move Moore, we will likely have to bring in some other forward. Cause Hamilton and Gomez ain't enough.

We have 2 int spots to work with as well.
    Completely agree, the roster is pretty full though at 27 of 28 spots taken as of right now with a veteran GK expected to be added at some point in the near future. Now do I expected the 27 men on the roster right now to still be here come March 6th, not at all so it will be interesting. Plus you have to remember the draft is also coming up so if one of those guys shines you would have to expect the Reds making a move to give such a player a look.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Completely agree, the roster is pretty full though at 27 of 28 spots taken as of right now with a veteran GK expected to be added at some point in the near future. Now do I expected the 27 men on the roster right now to still be here come March 6th, not at all so it will be interesting. Plus you have to remember the draft is also coming up so if one of those guys shines you would have to expect the Reds making a move to give such a player a look.
    I can see some action happening at the draft. Maybe trade a player for a useless late round pick to dump salary, then make moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    We are allowed 1 permanent loan down to TFC II that gives us a roster spot, so we could see us open up a spot that way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of news might be this weird thing called "stability" that other teams talk about.

Wouldn't know for sure, having never seen it myself. Could just as easily be "arrogance/overconfidence in existing lineup".
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we an impatient bunch

Business will pick up come Jan. I'd rather not hear anything right now, as long as Bez and Vanney are doing their due diligence in finding the right player. Start the noise come 1 Feb and we don't have a new GK and DM
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Moore could be set for move back to UK - He's currently training with Aston Villa

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/30/luke-moore-could-be-set-for-move-back-to-uk/page/1/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Simeon Jackson? Burnley just released him

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11713/10114367/michael-smith-conor-wilkinson-and-simeon-jackson-leave-barnsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    How about Simeon Jackson? Burnley just released him

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...leave-barnsley
    I think this is more of an Ottawa Fury signing. He was cut from the Crew last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Moore could be set for move back to UK - He's currently training with Aston Villa

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/30...-to-uk/page/1/
    Nice. Free up a roster spot and $235,500 off the cap. Use the money+TAM to sign a GK/DM and draft a FW to compete with Babouli/Hamilton for the 4th striker role behind Gio,Jozy, and Herc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Moore being moved for Boakai (who is no longer listed on the FCE roster), which would free up a fair bit of cap space and might allow for transition to a 4-3-3, although a 3-5-2 might be intriguing. I feel that bench depth should mostly be talented youngsters with no more than three or four veterans.
    As an aside, when Marc dos Santos was coaching the Fury, he favoured a team composition that could switch between a 4-3-3 and a diamond 4-4-2 when required by the opponent or circumstances. Maybe Vanney could take a page from his playbook?
    Last edited by Initial B; 12-30-2015 at 02:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I could see Moore being moved for Boakai (who is no longer listed on the FCE roster), which would free up a fair bit of cap space and might allow for transition to a 4-3-3, although a 3-5-2 might be intriguing. I feel that bench depth should mostly be talented youngsters with no more than three or four veterans.
    Good depth wins the league in MLS. If the kid is good enough, he'll win himself mins. If he's not, and considering how many first team players will be away, add in injuries and rotation... well. I hope the kids can play. Otherwise it'll be another long season and mediocre mid table finish.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/30/luke-moore-could-be-set-for-move-back-to-uk/page/1/
    This says there are 6(!) sides in for him, wtf

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This says there are 6(!) sides in for him, wtf
    I dunno how true these rumours are, and Brit papers like to make shit up all the time, but if true, what do EPL and Championship teams see in Luke Moore that we don't?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I dunno how true these rumours are, and Brit papers like to make shit up all the time, but if true, what do EPL and Championship teams see in Luke Moore that we don't?
    Cheap depth with experience? I honestly don't know, I mean I'm fan of Luke Moore substitute striker if I'm honest, but really?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I somehow doubt Luke Moore is an in demand player, at this point I would take a bag of balls for him gone.

I think getting Simeon Jackson would be a great depth move, moving closer to home could do wonders to revive his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Its rubbish, there are probably 100 Luke Moore's from EPL to League 2 that could fill his role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol. I somehow doubt Luke Moore is an in demand player, at this point I would take a bag of balls for him gone.

I think getting Simeon Jackson would be a great depth move, moving closer to home could do wonders to revive his career.
    It could but at what cost, i wouldn't offer more than 150k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure on the validity of these Moore rumors. However, while I couldn't see Prem teams being interested, I could 100% see a Championship team be willing to try and sign him on the cheap - he'd likely cost less than trying to sign an equivalent striker from a rival Champ team or from LG1 or Scotland. It's not the first time he's been linked with a move back to the UK either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I think this is more of an Ottawa Fury signing. He was cut from the Crew last year.
    You sure you're thinking of Simeon Jackson?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    You sure you're thinking of Simeon Jackson?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that was De Guzman, who actually did sign with Ottawa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think he is beyond hopeless. We can easily get a bench guy who can't score or do much of anything. In fact we would just get Findley back as they are about the same and I'd bet he'd cost around the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we need to avoid repeating the same old mistakes of signing high priced bench warmers. I agree with the sentiment of giving the reserve spots to talented young players that are hungry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same as Kantari, Perquis, Findley, Moore's situation will be 100% determined by his contract amount and length.

150K GBP is a big salary for veterans in the Championship I suspect. Not sure anyone would bite.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-30-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Same as Kantari, Perquis, Findley, Moore's situation will be 100% determined by his contract amount and length.

150K GBP is a big salary for veterans in the Championship I suspect. Not sure anyone would bite.
    Really? I thought the average salary was 450k USD

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the average salary in the premier league being in the area of $2.3 million pounds Luke could go to England on the dirt cheap and still make way more than what he was making here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!