Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2915
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Just your usual TFCPTSD
    Exactly.

This durability argument is so baseless.
    Question his skill, sure, but not a guy who (as mentioned above) would have been third most played minutes for TFC.

If you're questioning his skill though, I wonder why every news outlet, beat reporter, and Social media channel that reported on this is saying that this is a fantastic signing for TFC and a questionable move by Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From his Wiki:

He provided 16 assists in his last 3 years with the Earthquakes, more than any other MLS defender during the same time period.

So clearly he can cross. Which is something TFC has never been too good at...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    We pretty much have the same assessment then, except you want a Laba type DM instead of Cheyrou. I guess I just really like Cheyrou, but if you go for another DM, we would need to trade Cheyrou as he would be a waste on the bench on that kind of money and given how good he is. You can't have Bradley Cheyrou and 'DM man' all playing in central midfield in my opinion
    If it were me I would use the year to go through the phasing-out process of having Cheyrou in the lineup. He was largely great last year but he did have some poor performances every now and again, probably on account of him getting up there in age. He's only getting older and likely won't be with the team after this season. He will still get a healthy number of minutes (especially on account of Bradley being away for international duty) but if we do get that DM I don't think he should start. He would be a great bench option if we need to score (swap out the DM for Cheyrou who can take up a deep-lying playmaker role, which he'd be excellent at).

I agree the money is a bit much for a guy off the bench but after cutting Findley, hopefully buying out Kantari, and with the injection of TAM we should be able to afford it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Beitashour maybe has a couple years left at mls level, and is always injured. TFC is just getting the last 500km out of him in his playing days. i think he is only 30 but he plays like he is 35. He is smart, but its whether he can stay on the pitch. Vancouver finally replaced him with a more athletic RB out of latin america, and became more of a depth player thus they couldn't justify starters money with the cap.
    he has had sports hernia, then hips and hamstring. He is always playing with injuries/through injuries. finally the caps say enough is enough. i couldn't believe he is 28 (had to check multiple sources), he looks and plays 35 out there.
    Look he is a servicable RB, yes. But don't get too excited ... you will be doing the same complaining about the back 4 as last year. There is a reason TFC got him for probably nothing.
    your right 220k on a backup is hard in the mls world.
    But in reality they want more athlete-types at the back. Rumour is they have another latin american RB lined up and will use two international roster spots there.

Look i'm not saying its a bad trade ... i'm saying he is damaged goods so please manage expectations
    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Sorry, where are people getting that Beitashour isn't durable from? He played 2596 minutes last year. That would have him at 3rd-most minutes on TFC. He's 28.

Am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Same here...I feel like we're not a part of some clique inside joke.
    Not people. Person. With multiple posts.

And it looks like a clique of one thus far who still said it wasn't a bad trade.

Just to slow the snowball here.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One less keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Care to back that up?
    The fact that they tried ousting him not once, but twice at Philly with drafting Blake and then bringing in the Algerian keeper (name escapes me). And the team that he was loaned out to at the start of the season ended up playing him 3 times. He's sub-par, and a back up keeper in this league, and everybody is finally starting to realize that. Care to back up why you think he'd be suitable to start for our team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ agreed. Upgrade over what we had but far from ideal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're now one solid CB away from solidifying the back line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    The fact that they tried ousting him not once, but twice at Philly with drafting Blake and then bringing in the Algerian keeper (name escapes me)
    This was recognized by all and sundry to be absolute stupidity from the Union and not a reflection on Mac Math.
    And the team that he was loaned out to at the start of the season ended up playing him 3 times.
    Why Colorado traded for him is beyond me. They didn't need him.

He's sub-par, and a back up keeper in this league, and everybody is finally starting to realize that. Care to back up why you think he'd be suitable to start for our team?
    You really think a 24yr old GK with over 100 starts and 29 shutouts in MLS isn't starter quality?

Matt Doyle on MacMath v Hall in the re-entry draft.
    Re: 'keeper, I'd go MacMath. He's younger, he's not injury prone, and he's already shown he can play through a bad patch (really, a bad year) and improve. I thought he was very good in 2013, and think he can prove that again.

It's moot now anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was recognized by all and sundry to be absolute stupidity from the Union and not a reflection on Mac Math.

Why Colorado traded for him is beyond me. They didn't need him.

You really think a 24yr old GK with over 100 starts and 29 shutouts in MLS isn't starter quality?

Matt Doyle on MacMath v Hall in the re-entry draft.
    Re: 'keeper, I'd go MacMath. He's younger, he's not injury prone, and he's already shown he can play through a bad patch (really, a bad year) and improve. I thought he was very good in 2013, and think he can prove that again.

It's moot now anyway.
    Agreed, it's not worth discussing now that he's gone. However, having a very good season what would be 3 seasons ago on opening day is not that impressive. Personally, I'm happy we didn't get him, and hope we look to use some of our TAM to buy a top keeper from Europe or SA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas have sent allocation money and their #17 selection in the re-entry draft to Chicago for the #1 re-entry draft pick. Rumor is they are going after Urruti to fill their hole at striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas have sent allocation money and their #17 selection in the re-entry draft to Chicago for the #1 re-entry draft pick. Rumor is they are going after Urruti to fill their hole at striker.
    Now thats interesting, wonder if they will then have to use TAM to buy him down to max cap hit.

Also Tesho i guess plays mostly wing but is Urruti>Tesho?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Now thats interesting, wonder if they will then have to use TAM to buy him down to max cap hit.

Also Tesho i guess plays mostly wing but is Urruti>Tesho?
    Why? Urruti isn't over max salary. His option is a significant raise but not one that puts him in DP territory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Urruti isn't over max salary. His option is a significant raise but not one that puts him in DP territory.
    Must have interpreted the option not being picked up wrongly then. I thought that he is now out of the "Young DP" range since he is 24 so maybe it was his actually $$ salary hitting the books that caused portland to drop him.

If he is on 250-300k then this should work out pretty well for dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Must have interpreted the option not being picked up wrongly then. I thought that he is now out of the "Young DP" range since he is 24 so maybe it was his actually $$ salary hitting the books that caused portland to drop him.

If he is on 250-300k then this should work out pretty well for dallas.
    He was never a DP according to Merrit Paulson, all explained here http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/2/1...tiago-gonzalez

He's probably looking at a jump into the 300k-350k region. Given the bonuses and raises they have to give out next season, makes sense for Portland to cut that salary out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was never a DP according to Merrit Paulson, all explained here http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/2/1...tiago-gonzalez

He's probably looking at a jump into the 300k-350k region. Given the bonuses and raises they have to give out next season, makes sense for Portland to cut that salary out.
    Oh yes the "special discovery signing" which i guess has gone away? anyway decent value at that price point, i'm guessing they think he can score 10-15 in this league next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, where are people getting that Beitashour isn't durable from? He played 2596 minutes last year. That would have him at 3rd-most minutes on TFC. He's 28.

Am I missing something here?
    Robinson is a shrewd roster manager, that's all. He thinks Beitashour is too expensive for an MLS fullback and he's probably right. Having said that, it's because he's one of the best fullbacks in the league. He has NEVER been fast. It doesn't matter. He delivers a great cross, he's really positionally solid and he only gets beat once in a blue moon.

Great signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Robinson is a shrewd roster manager, that's all. He thinks Beitashour is too expensive for an MLS fullback and he's probably right. Having said that, it's because he's one of the best fullbacks in the league. He has NEVER been fast. It doesn't matter. He delivers a great cross, he's really positionally solid and he only gets beat once in a blue moon.

Great signing.
    Agreed he's a great player. I do wonder about the durability factor despite the minutes he logged last year - but can more than wrap my head around this one.

I think Robinson is going overly athletic with his lineup choices at the expense of skill (although he's no slouch).

I'd see if we can pry Tiebert out of them if WJ doesn't work out. Really underrated player and under used by vwfc in the later half of the year too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...re-entry-draft

Following players have opted out of the re-entry draft:

Steven Beitashour (Vancouver Whitecaps)

Hassoun Camara (Montreal Impact)

Warren Creavalle (Philadelphia Union)

Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo)

Pa Modou Kah (Vancouver Whitecaps)

Zac MacMath (Philadelphia Union)
    Lewis Neal (Orlando City SC)

Marco Pappa (Seattle Sounders)

Dane Richards (New York Red Bulls)

Zach Scott (Seattle Sounders)

Seth Sinovic (Sporting Kansas City)

Bakary Soumare (FC Dallas)

Draft starts in 25 minutes.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Passed in round 1 of re-entry draft (as per their official Twitter).

Urruti to Dallas and GK Kann to SKC seem to be the only selections taken in Rd 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought someone would pick up Schuler at 182k.

At least we have a potential back up still available if we don't get Moor through free agency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought someone would pick up Schuler at 182k.

At least we have a potential back up still available if we don't get Moor through free agency.
    I thought tfc would of if he was still available when their pick came up. Surprising, Bez better have someone better up his sleeve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schuler is a massive injury risk/doubt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been rare that anyone gets picked up in the first re-entry draft stage (FCD's trade up to nab Urruti a glaring exception obviously), not much incentive to do so. I'm not inclined to read much into it.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 12-11-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the hell took Creavalle??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will be getting an experience goalie from Europe... BETZ just returned from a scouting trip in Europe a few days ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who the hell took Creavalle??
    Believe they were talking about the draft pick we acquired with Creavalle back in the the day that is sentl to Caps for Betashour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Believe they were talking about the draft pick we acquired with Creavalle back in the the day that is sentl to Caps for Betashour
    I'm referring to Creavalle withdrawing from the draft. Usually that means there's an agreement with a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm referring to Creavalle withdrawing from the draft. Usually that means there's an agreement with a team.
    looked at the list and missed that one. Curious indeed.

Why do they have Philadelphia next to his name?
    Last edited by sidvan; 12-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.