Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Drew Moor, CB -- I list Moor at center back instead of right back, which is where he played a good chunk of last season for Colorado. He's not great at defending in space, so I thought that was a mis-application of his skills. What he's really good at is organizing a defense, and his distribution from the back is quick, accurate and no-frills. He needs to be paired next to a dominant physical presence in central defense, but lots of teams can offer that. What he offers in turn is the type of veteran leadership and organizing presence Nat Borchers brought to Portland, Michael Parkhurst to Columbus or Bobby Boswell to D.C.
    He'll turn 32 next month, and I think he'll be good for another 2000 or so minutes for the next few years.
    Teams that would make sense: Philadelphia Union, New England Revolution, New York City FC, Toronto FC
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...ls-free-agency

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess with this being the first free agency period in MLS there isn't as much of a rush as I was expecting. I was imagining something NHL-like with player signings being reported within 30 minutes of free agency opening but we're over 3 hours in and I'm still refreshing Twitter without a peep from anyone. Darn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I guess with this being the first free agency period in MLS there isn't as much of a rush as I was expecting. I was imagining something NHL-like with player signings being reported within 30 minutes of free agency opening but we're over 3 hours in and I'm still refreshing Twitter without a peep from anyone. Darn.
    Well the free agents and clubs could only start talking at 1pm today. It's not like the NHL where they have the 3-4 days before where players and teams can meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well the free agents and clubs could only start talking at 1pm today. It's not like the NHL where they have the 3-4 days before where players and teams can meet.
    Ah, if that's how it works I didn't realize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    What's the obsession with Will Johnson? He plays the same position as Bradley and Cheyrou. We need a pure DM.
    For me, i'd be open to Johnson since he can play both CDM, as well as RM.

If we are gunna keep a tight diamond in the mid, it could look like:

Bradley
    Osorio Johnson
    Cheyrou

I wouldn't hate that.

Edit: not sure two space it, but Osorio and Johnson wider, obvi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While Cheyrou is quality he isn't a starter, he is no way what we are looking for in a shutdown defensive mid, he is more of a luxury player you bring on for 20-30 min to keep possession and provide nice outlet passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    While Cheyrou is quality he isn't a starter, he is no way what we are looking for in a shutdown defensive mid, he is more of a luxury player you bring on for 20-30 min to keep possession and provide nice outlet passes.
    I begrudgingly agree.

But all the more reason someone like Johnson could fit into the mix.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Johnson for 1 thing only; perhaps he's the only player/person that Bradley will even listen to . Until Bradley is controlled or has a specific role , every other player simply defers to his 'where the hell is he now routine" . Hence we are a better team with defined role players when Bradley isn't here . If this isn't addressed . Same old story and ugly football . While Gio is here I'd love to see us totally built around him , (that means you Mr.Bradley), one season please . We'll never have anyone like him again .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waiver draft is tomorrow at 4:30pm ET. Reverse order of league standings so TFC is picking 9th. Available players:

Pogatetz, Cochran and Pineda are probably the 3 biggest names, but it's likely they get snatched up before we pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take a punt on stolz. was only a year ago people said he was the most MLS ready player coming out of the draft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'd take a punt on stolz. was only a year ago people said he was the most MLS ready player coming out of the draft.
    Whatever happened there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Whatever happened there?
    I believe it was a case of player not fitting system. He's slow as shit and couldn't keep up with there pressing game. He's basically bekker if bekker understood how to play a forward pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So FA period opened yesterday, waiver draft is today and Timbers parade is over.

I'm hopeful that something happens today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm confused, what's the difference between the Waiver Draft and the Re-Entry Draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So I'm confused, what's the difference between the Waiver Draft and the Re-Entry Draft?
    You have to hop on 1 foot while singing "I'm a little tea pot" in the waiver draft before being able to make a pick... during re-enrty its "mary had a little lamb".

But serious waiver draft is for young players who don't qualify for the re-entry draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    You have to hop on 1 foot while singing "I'm a little tea pot" in the waiver draft before being able to make a pick... during re-enrty its "mary had a little lamb".

But serious waiver draft is for young players who don't qualify for the re-entry draft.
    But is it the same process as Reentry Round 1 (ie. 2016 option salary or 2015 salary)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    If you met the below requirements and are waived/out of contract, you go to the Re-Entry Draft; if you don't meet the below criteria, you go to the Waiver Draft.

• Players who are at least 23 years old and have a minimum of three years of MLS experience whose options were not exercised by their clubs (available at option salary for the next season).

• Players who are at least 25 years old with a minimum of four years of MLS experience who are out of contract and whose club does not offer them a contract at their previous salary (available at previous season's salary).

• Players who are at least 30 years old with a minimum of eight years of MLS experience who are out of contract and whose club does not wish to re-sign them (available for at least 105 percent of their previous season's salary).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to set our sights higher than any of the players available in this year's waiver draft. The re-entry draft has some enticing names if they can be signed to reasonable contracts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Whatever happened there?
    Red Bulls have a stack of good quality MLS mids already, so getting into the team is much harder than some other MLS squads. In another team he may have got some action. I suspect he will be snapped up by somebody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Red Bulls have a stack of good quality MLS mids already, so getting into the team is much harder than some other MLS squads. In another team he may have got some action. I suspect he will be snapped up by somebody.
    Isn't the other thing that he'd only play in New York or LA thus why he dropped so low in the draft?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Isn't the other thing that he'd only play in New York or LA thus why he dropped so low in the draft?
    yes. he's a bit of a primadonna if his history is anything to go by. might have gotten a reality check after sitting on bench for NYRB, or might still have an ego and try for Germany or something.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little surprising Kaye is being let go. I'm also unsure as to what the option extension means for Babouli. Are we keeping him in USL? Or just taking up his option now only to sign him to a first team contract soon? Was there maybe a deadline for picking up USL options that we had to meet to keep him? I just hope he gets a chance with the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

A little surprising Kaye is being let go. I'm also unsure as to what the option extension means for Babouli. Are we keeping him in USL? Or just taking up his option now only to sign him to a first team contract soon? Was there maybe a deadline for picking up USL options that we had to meet to keep him? I just hope he gets a chance with the first team.
    Kaye had apparently joined Louisville FC though, I can't say I understand that move because he was always thought of (before Babouli hit the scene) as the next player to take the step up to the first team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tally Hall is in the Waiver draft.

It was most definitely NOT his fault that Orlando didn't do well. We may even be able to get him for low $100s
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Tally Hall is in the Waiver draft.

It was most definitely NOT his fault that Orlando didn't do well. We may even be able to get him for low $100s
    Based on tenure, i'm pretty sure he's in the Re-Entry Draft, not Waiver Draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Kaye had apparently joined Louisville FC though, I can't say I understand that move because he was always thought of (before Babouli hit the scene) as the next player to take the step up to the first team.
    Edwards's emergence must be the reason why. He's looked better than Kaye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAM expansion now official. Going to see some moves for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...i?ICID=HP_BN_1

$1.6 million in additional TAM available to spend over the next 2 years (also more money for homegrown signings). And we still have the $500k over 5 years from the initial introduction of TAM.

We need to go out and get a stud DM with this money.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-09-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch that on having the full 500k of initial TAM. Bez wasted TAM on this guy? Kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge. $800,000 this year plus add on the contracts we cut. We have room. Let's not fuck this up.