Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    How about getting rid of a pylon Moore , sorry but he's done nothing and signing Dallas forward Akindelle ? He should be cheap ? And although he has his faults he can attack and be an occasional target . Way more lively and than Moore and he doesn't shy away from rough stuff as Moore .
    Is Akindele's contract up? Is he even aquirable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Rossi would do for our defensive play what Giovinco did for our attack. Now De Rossi is older but he is still fit.

My only worry with De Rossi is MLS officials, he may end up suspender for half the season. He is physical and tackles hard, and for all the talk about the "physicality of this league I see allot of cards being thrown for hard good tackles and physical play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Is Akindele's contract up? Is he even aquirable?
    no. My bad ...on further investigation he's signed this year thru to 2018 . Dallas seems to have scouts and prospect mgmt . He's the inexpensive type of North American player we never get and revert to overpaid , end of the line players .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That and our drafting has sucked since day one. I like Hagglund and Simonin in a couple of season (Hagglund got overused for a first year guy), and Thomas is a long term project. I know we got a lot of allocation out of the 2013 draft but the guys we could have taken and we got Bekker?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That and our drafting has sucked since day one. I like Hagglund and Simonin in a couple of season (Hagglund got overused for a first year guy), and Thomas is a long term project. I know we got a lot of allocation out of the 2013 draft but the guys we could have taken and we got Bekker?
    Manneh, DeShorn Brown, Walker Zimmerman, Dillon Powers

In hindsight, not the strongest draft class IMO
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Manneh, DeShorn Brown, Walker Zimmerman, Dillon Powers

In hindsight, not the strongest draft class IMO
    Powers would have been nice. Andrew Farrell could have been had as well since we had the #1 pick initially. On the other hand I remember there were some people who thought Zavaleta would have been a good pick, and we ended up with him eventually anyways lol. Also people were obsessing over Vancouver getting Hurtado and Manneh. Hurtado ended up being shit, while Manneh was a good pickup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    De Rossi would do for our defensive play what Giovinco did for our attack. Now De Rossi is older but he is still fit.

My only worry with De Rossi is MLS officials, he may end up suspender for half the season. He is physical and tackles hard, and for all the talk about the "physicality of this league I see allot of cards being thrown for hard good tackles and physical play.
    This is definitely true. He has also proven himself a bit of a bone-head over the years. See his straight red card with the Nazionale a few months ago. His quality still easily outweighs that issue though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farrel would have been a good pick but the Canadian soccer voice in my head can't stand Mannah. Plays for a canadian team but commutes from across the boarder so he can become eligible for the USMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calcio View Post
    This is definitely true. He has also proven himself a bit of a bone-head over the years. See his straight red card with the Nazionale a few months ago. His quality still easily outweighs that issue though.

de rossi and perquis would surely scare the shiznat out of some fwds though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Farrel would have been a good pick but the Canadian soccer voice in my head can't stand Mannah. Plays for a canadian team but commutes from across the boarder so he can become eligible for the USMNT.
    Then F him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Then F him!
    Don't know if this is sarcasm but yes that is basically my thoughts towards him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if this is sarcasm but yes that is basically my thoughts towards him.
    not sarcasm,
    its a lack of respect for the city and country you play in.

I loved Alomar, but hated that he lived in the skydome hotel, even though im sure he ended up paying more, its a signal that im outta here as fast as I can be
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 11-10-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Or expect it to happen and then it'll be a mid 30's guy who makes about $700K with about $300K of it paid off with our allocation.

And then the guy will break down or get injured and then we'll play someone out of position there or else trade for a legit, big time scrub like Creavalle.
    100%. This is why we must dip into South America again. We have had scouting success down their before (Laba, Gilberto, Urruti) so why not again? Value for wages in massive in SA. If we go the aging European route again then idk. Getting more for less in your non-DPs in massive.

The talk of DM's being 34 and CB's being 35 is not what we should be focusing on imho. They are ageing and big $$$. Great players but the travel, turf and age all factor in.

Kendall Waston from VCWC is 27, 6'5", big force on their backline. Costa Rican and on $226,250 guaranteed.

Perquis is 31 and on $372,500. Kantari is 30 and on $345,000. CB ages are not bad but we pay a premium.

What is tough is that we get fucked on the transfer fees. We can easily pay them but they are added to the fucking cap. Laba is still only on $325,000 which we could easily afford but his transfer fee made him a DP. We knew the rules before going into transfers but acquiring the talent we want from the South on free transfers is hard.

Aging Europeans are the easy way out. Other teams find talent in CA and SA all the time. We need that. We also have a competitive advantage over most teams... our resources. We sign big money DP, have a great training facility, put big money into a stadium reno and yet I am slightly dubious of our scouting network. We have had success as mentioned before but Perquis and Kantari haven't been as advertised. Cheyrou has, great player with no wheels left.

Instead of finding Europeans we never heard of I hope we switch to CA and SA that we never heard of. Cheap players with upside who want to advance their careers in a bigger market and league.

/end rant lol

Salary information:

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Se...0By%20Club.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't necessarily need to spend transfer fees on SA players.

Techera is loan with the Caps with a budget charge of 60k
    Cabrera is loan with the Impact with a budget charge of 60k
    Asprilia was signed outright by the Timbers from Colombia and his budget charge is still 60k. So guessing a freebie, maybe?

Now if you want to sign them, obviously the cap hits are going to go up but for one season it's definitely more prudent cap wise than spunking 450k on Moore and Findley types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    We don't necessarily need to spend transfer fees on SA players.

Techera is loan with the Caps with a budget charge of 60k
    Cabrera is loan with the Impact with a budget charge of 60k
    Asprilia was signed outright by the Timbers from Colombia and his budget charge is still 60k. So guessing a freebie, maybe?

Now if you want to sign them, obviously the cap hits are going to go up but for one season it's definitely more prudent cap wise than spunking 450k on Moore and Findley types.
    i believe it was reported that Techera has a 7 figure transfer fee attached to him if the whitecaps wanted to keep him. For 1 year a loan works to fill a hole but really need to do some digging to find longer term solutions in south america. BTW Techera was on our discovery list and the whitecaps forced a trade through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe it was reported that Techera has a 7 figure transfer fee attached to him if the whitecaps wanted to keep him. For 1 year a loan works to fill a hole but really need to do some digging to find longer term solutions in south america. BTW Techera was on our discovery list and the whitecaps forced a trade through.
    I know he was on our discovery list. Larson had mentioned in an article at the start of the year that Bez and Vanney had made a scouting trip to south america and had identified 4-5 players but nothing came of it. Then the discovery rights thing happened a few weeks later. So I presume they watched him or were at least schmoozed by his agent.

Haven't seen or heard anything about a 7 figure fee for him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell of a fucking move if true!!!!!! Love the kid, going to be a great talent one day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be a good low risk move. Can't see him being on anything but a really low contract and from what I have seen, he has a lot of pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im assuming to TFC2 for the first year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was tweeted about 20mins before Rollins (maybe where he got it from)

That move addresses a pacy winger, if he gets a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great if true. Exciting player to watch. Not sure if step down to TFC II is best. Can't be worse the. Findley eh if he makes first team.

Out of contract on a free. Could pay dividends in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young, low salary, addresses a need, high potential, Canadian. Great move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful move, young talented canadian national team member joining the team. Also give us something we don't have in a wide player with pace and the ability to beat defenders 1 on 1.

Lets hope he can continue to develop here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take him as wing depth over everyone we have now as he'd be the only one on our bench with any legit pace. It's a no brainer if the choice is down to either him or Lovitz and I realize he is not the finished article. He at least can give us something we haven't had since Oduro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane is saying we had him on our discovery list so no other team could touch him. Apparently he was looking into Europe, Germany specifically but it did not work out.
    Last edited by pdubs; 11-10-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this move. He's a talented Canadian with a lot of upside and addresses a need on the wing. Did I mention he's Canadian? + =

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to dampen the mood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Boakai is coming in on an MLS deal, won't TFC have to release someone from a roster compliance POV. Aren't they full contract wise?