Page 10 of 98 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I doubt De Rossi ever leaves Roma.
    He has said he wants to play in America. He'll leave Roma, he just won't play for another Serie A team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gdg I see what you're saying, but De Rossi is slightly better than Laba.
    Balzagri would be a perfect anchor in the defense.. Something that we desperately need.
    De Rossi is a starting DM on the (statistically) the 2nd best team in Italy, he is a starter on the national team. He is miles better than Laba, he is also better than Bradley.

As a Juve fan, I acknowledge Roma players are often underrated because historically the team has spent time in the spotlight. For example, Totti never got the same world class treatment as a Figo for example, because he never played outside Roma. DDR is similar in the sense that he is on the same level as Yaya Toure, but never gets the attention because he doesn't play in England, nor does he play on a team that is consistently competing in the Champions League. If TFC were rumoured to get Yaya Toure, would anyone say that Laba would be a better choice?
    Last edited by Calcio; 11-08-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calcio View Post
    He has said he wants to play in America. He'll leave Roma, he just won't play for another Serie A team.
    NYC and Orlando are also intersted in DDR.

I'm sure TFC would need to unload a DP to bring him in, and I would do it in a heart beat with Bradley or Jozy. Especially Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    NYC and Orlando are also intersted in DDR.

I'm sure TFC would need to unload a DP to bring him in, and I would do it in a heart beat with Bradley or Jozy. Especially Jozy.
    Agreed. Although, I would rather see Bradley moved to bring in De Rossi. He is only 32 and has 3-4 good years left. Could Absolutely dominate MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kind of sad how we're now in need of a holding midfielder like Laba and a striker that tracks back like Gilberto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not buying any of this, one if not both of these players would require a DP salary. If we are keeping vanney in the name of stability then i don't see them blowing up the DP core of the team either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    It's kind of sad how we're now in need of a holding midfielder like Laba and a striker that tracks back like Gilberto.
    Laba yes, Gilberto no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Laba yes, Gilberto no.
    Not Gil specifically but a player with his attributes that could be brought in on the core player rule (or whatever the new partial DP salary designation is called).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Not Gil specifically but a player with his attributes that could be brought in on the core player rule (or whatever the new partial DP salary designation is called).
    Its called TAM, and there's only 500K of it for the next 4 seasons and its used to bring a player salary down so they are not considered a DP. A lot of teams spent it last season on one player and in only one season.

We likely will spend this in 2016, but I suspect on a keeper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its called TAM, and there's only 500K of it for the next 4 seasons and its used to bring a player salary down so they are not considered a DP. A lot of teams spent it last season on one player and in only one season.

We likely will spend this in 2016, but I suspect on a keeper.
    I think more likely a destroyer DM from SA/CA like Espinoza or Garrido. Well, hoping anyways
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Giovinco is not ideal? I think you mean only Bradley and Jozy.

Drogba is 37 and look at what he has done.
    Gio is more than ideal, I meant the 3 as a combo could be better.

Drogba is doing great things, but at 37 will he be effective for a whole season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade Jozy to any team willing to take him for a bag of balls if necessary, though I think he would command a decent return. Then sign DeRossi as a DP, convince Barzagli to come here for cheaper wages somehow, and then BOOM

*NEW GK*
    Bloom Perquis Barzagli Morrow
    De Rossi
    Jackson Osorio
    Bradley
    Herc Seba

That looks very nice, with very little work done. Still need to add a goalkeeper and find someone to replace Jackson ideally but that lineup has got to work, right....... right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Trade Jozy to any team willing to take him for a bag of balls if necessary, though I think he would command a decent return. Then sign DeRossi as a DP, convince Barzagli to come here for cheaper wages somehow, and then BOOM

*NEW GK*
    De Rossi
    Jackson Osorio
    Bradley
    Herc Seba

That looks very nice, with very little work done. Still need to add a goalkeeper and find someone to replace Jackson ideally but that lineup has got to work, right....... right?
    I got the hot sweats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance DE Rossi is leaving Roma. Tottis last year is next year. He will be captain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post

*NEW GK*
    De Rossi
    Jackson Osorio
    Bradley
    Herc Seba

1. Barzagli is making 2.5m euros this season and that number could very well be prorated. He's not going to come to MLS for less than DP salary. There are 20 clubs in Serie A that would offer him significantly more than that.
    2. Your CB partnership consists of two aging players with bad recent track records of injuries.
    3. The chance of De Rossi leaving Roma while he is still an important player to the club is slim to none. Maybe after World Cup 2018 to, as he said, end his career. He also specifically mentioned New York.
    4. Bradley isn't an attacking mid.
    5. Those outside mids are polar opposites and would hurt the balance of the midfield. I don't think that has the makings of a cohesive unit.
    6. Vanney barely gave Herc a sniff, I doubt he becomes a starter a year later and older. He's a good option off the bench, much better than Findley.

Moving Bradley back in the 4-1-3-2 takes care of #4 and possibly #5, but I still don't like Jackson anywhere that isn't right along the touchline.

These rumours are fantasy talk, written up by some Italian without notable reputation who likely has no idea of how MLS works. No one should put any stock into this. I do think that Jozy should be in play this offseason though, which could change things.
    Last edited by Bobo; 11-08-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about it now the Timbers have an excess of forwards considering their system utilizes 1 striker they have Adi, Melano and Urutti

We should ditch Herc, Moore and Findley somehow then trade for Maxi, would be a significant upgrade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense, but Urruti sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like jackson as a player and think he could be useful in the mid but i think this is another creavalle situation where you simply have to remove the player from the team so vanney isn't tempted to play him at RB.

I would be shocked if we didn't get a RB in this window, vanney never seamed to like bloom as even before his injury creavalle was playing ahead of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I like jackson as a player and think he could be useful in the mid but i think this is another creavalle situation where you simply have to remove the player from the team so vanney isn't tempted to play him at RB.

I would be shocked if we didn't get a RB in this window, vanney never seamed to like bloom as even before his injury creavalle was playing ahead of him.
    Jackson can be a good attacking fullback, if he plays with a RM that is responsible defensively. Jackson got torched because Findley had no desire to pitch in on defence when Jackson bombed forward which is when he is most effective. Jackson combined with Delgado and Warner was most effective esp final 1/3 of the season.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer jackson in RM and morrow at RB but i agree he could be an effective RB, but our coach doesn't seam to understand the needs in other positions to make him effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Jackson can be a good attacking fullback, if he plays with a RM that is responsible defensively. Jackson got torched because Findley had no desire to pitch in on defence when Jackson bombed forward which is when he is most effective. Jackson combined with Delgado and Warner was most effective esp final 1/3 of the season.
    agreed, that game was not lost because of jackson. his speed, cross and defensive abilities can be very uesefull if harnessed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer jackson in RM and morrow at RB but i agree he could be an effective RB, but our coach doesn't seam to understand the needs in other positions to make him effective.
    Jackson was more effective at RB attacking, because he exploited space left by opposition defence making late runs on the flanks. It is easier to neutralize guys with limited skill sets like Jackson if he plays RM.
    You lose a bit on defence esp positioning, but I like Jackson's work rate and ability to overload opposition defence on attack.
    Unless TFC can find someone who can contribute on attack (because FBs overlaping is so critical to modern game) and does good enough job on defence AND at Jackson's affordable salary... Not many MLS RBs meet that criteria IMO (and can be pried away without giving up much)

With Bloom coming back for preseason, it's one of those positions you make do. And honestly, there are bigger problems on this roster than Jackson playing RB (and a lot of those problems can be solved with a stud DM!)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson was more effective at RB attacking, because he exploited space left by opposition defence making late runs on the flanks. It is easier to neutralize guys with limited skill sets like Jackson if he plays RM.
    You lose a bit on defence esp positioning, but I like Jackson's work rate and ability to overload opposition defence on attack.
    Unless TFC can find someone who can contribute on attack (because FBs overlaping is so critical to modern game) and does good enough job on defence AND at Jackson's affordable salary... Not many MLS RBs meet that criteria IMO (and can be pried away without giving up much)

With Bloom coming back for preseason, it's one of those positions you make do. And honestly, there are bigger problems on this roster than Jackson playing RB (and a lot of those problems can be solved with a stud DM!)
    With a good scouting network a player can be found... I look at the crew and Afful looks great at RB, was picked up mid season from Tunisia.

RB isn't the top priority to fix (CB, DM, what the hell is going on with striker positions 3-5) but its a need even if it is addressed by simply putting jackson in a position to succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if DM is the obvious solution, dont expect it to happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloom's strength was on the defensive end, I would hope that Vanney has learned something from last year and will alter his "game plan" a bit. I would like to see Bloom given some minutes at CB in preseason though, I feel that he's well suited to play both positions, which would make Williams expendable. This assumes Mark will is ready to pick up where he left off. If there are fears that he can't then they might as well offload him as a new RB + Bloom, Williams, Morrow and Jackson is too much "depth" without having any real substance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bloom has not played in 2 years,he is a average rb at best..a back up not a starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Lol so true. We needed a stud DM after Laba was shiped and I like how they thought Cheyrou was going to be the replacement or Warner. Its like when they thought Giovinco was an AM, mind boggling, and lets not even get into the CB scouting, this teams scouting is abysmal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol so true. We needed a stud DM after Laba was shiped and I like how they thought Cheyrou was going to be the replacement or Warner. Its like when they thought Giovinco was an AM, mind boggling, and lets not even get into the CB scouting, this teams scouting is abysmal.
    CB scouting got us Hercs to sit on the bench

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Or expect it to happen and then it'll be a mid 30's guy who makes about $700K with about $300K of it paid off with our allocation.

And then the guy will break down or get injured and then we'll play someone out of position there or else trade for a legit, big time scrub like Creavalle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about getting rid of a pylon Moore , sorry but he's done nothing and signing Dallas forward Akindelle ? He should be cheap ? And although he has his faults he can attack and be an occasional target . Way more lively than Moore and he doesn't shy away from rough stuff as Moore . We need subs who actually may contribute . Of course Vanney does have a bit to learn about substitutions as well .
    Last edited by jazzy; 11-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana