Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaz Perez won't be back for Dallas. I won't be surprised if there's an "Altidore for Kennedy + allocation" trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very very surprised if that happned.

Dallas probably have a south american lined up to replace Perez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Blaz Perez won't be back for Dallas. I won't be surprised if there's an "Altidore for Kennedy + allocation" trade.
    I would wager that Altidore has a no trade clause. Most of the DP's do. It was highlighted in the expansion draft rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least for this offseason we can stop with the idea of trading or selling any of our DP's, its not happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention we would be on the losing end of that trade.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas are in a jam because they don't want to pay for the talent they have. No way I can see them footing a 6 million dollar bill on 1 player.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luis Silva likely out of the picture, rumors of him heading to Tigres of Liga MX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dallas are in a jam because they don't want to pay for the talent they have. No way I can see them footing a 6 million dollar bill on 1 player.
    How so?

They've locked up a lot of their core players to long term deals recently.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/0...-new-contracts
    http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2015/02...five-year-deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah agreed. Paying down that type of cash is outside of their model.

They get a decent draw (thanks to the former TFC guy running ops)... Lots of talent in the pipeline. No need to splash.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    How so?

They've locked up a lot of their core players to long term deals recently.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/0...-new-contracts
    http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2015/02...five-year-deal
    I just recall Twellmen going on about how Dallas have to pony up at some point to cover off a bunch of players who are playing right now on the cheap. The indication was that when the contracts end with these very young core players they will have to either pay up or develop replacements. Factor in that the stadium wasn't *that full* and the writing is on the wall there. Its a have not MLS team with its current ownership and market placement.

Comparatively we are spending a metric shit ton on players, stadium and such. Its not a great long term setup - at some point the academy players will graduate into TFC and pick up those core spots reducing payroll, as well the DP ideas may change over time. But as it stands I cant see Dallas or any other smaller market team taking much of a DP chance beyond a million or two a season. No way they land in a 5 million plus a season player with 4 years remaining on the books.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just recall Twellmen going on about how Dallas have to pony up at some point to cover off a bunch of players who are playing right now on the cheap. The indication was that when the contracts end with these very young core players they will have to either pay up or develop replacements. Factor in that the stadium wasn't *that full* and the writing is on the wall there. Its a have not MLS team with its current ownership and market placement.

Comparatively we are spending a metric shit ton on players, stadium and such. Its not a great long term setup - at some point the academy players will graduate into TFC and pick up those core spots reducing payroll, as well the DP ideas may change over time. But as it stands I cant see Dallas or any other smaller market team taking much of a DP chance beyond a million or two a season. No way they land in a 5 million plus a season player with 4 years remaining on the books.
    Agree completely with the 2nd paragraph.

Twellman's thoughts are full of holes though.

The vast majority of the core are already locked in long term and they just signed Acosta to a new deal today as well. When you factor in that Castillo will more than likely be sold for big money in the next little while, they'll be swimming in allocation to cover any other pay bumps they have to cover.

The stadium has been close to capacity most of the season and suffered on sunday due to the security regs. People were still trying to get in at half time.
    They are starting a reno in the offseason that'll add a roof on the south end and attaching the new US Soccer HOF to it. They spend a shit ton on their academy. Guys that follow the US youth scene more than me, Charles Boehm, Will Parchman and the TDS Crew, have heard they are spending 15-20k a year on coaching, education and travel costs for each kid in the academy.

So while they defo aren't big spenders like the usual suspects, I wouldn't class them as have nots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is unless you use the JDG solution again, where Dallas picks up the roster spot, but Toronto FC still pays for most, if not all, of the salary

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas spent like 5 mil on transfer fees for DPs. So it's not like they are cheap, but they are sensible in their spending.

They have a team philosophy and idea about how they want to build their team through impact, SA, mid wage DPs. That's fine. It's working for them. (And my personal preference to build a team, but I digress)

But they will never, well, maybe not never, but highly unlikely to go for someone like Altidore, because it makes zero sense to them. Dallas needs a #1 striker, but they will go find one somewhere in SA/CA for a lot cheaper and get same value on the pitch as a 'big name' DP.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Dallas spent like 5 mil on transfer fees for DPs. So it's not like they are cheap, but they are sensible in their spending.

They have a team philosophy and idea about how they want to build their team through impact, SA, mid wage DPs. That's fine. It's working for them. (And my personal preference to build a team, but I digress)

But they will never, well, maybe not never, but highly unlikely to go for someone like Altidore, because it makes zero sense to them. Dallas needs a #1 striker, but they will go find one somewhere in SA/CA for a lot cheaper and get same value on the pitch as a 'big name' DP.
    This....noone will take Altidore off us considering his insane 6m a year wages....The guy isnt even worth 30% of that...Best chance to get rid of him is finding some American team that has no clue on true talent and just takes him because he is American.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    This....noone will take Altidore off us considering his insane 6m a year wages....The guy isnt even worth 30% of that...Best chance to get rid of him is finding some American team that has no clue on true talent and just takes him because he is American.
    He's on 4.75m but I agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to disagree, almost every US club will easily get 4M+ from merchandising and all the marketing associated with Altidore, this would be a no brainer type move for most US clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm going to disagree, almost every US club will easily get 4M+ from merchandising and all the marketing associated with Altidore, this would be a no brainer type move for most US clubs.
    It's weird how we got suckered in with the 2 most marketable guys on the USMNT. Bottom line nobody else would pay them what we did - that's why bradley chose us and Altidore was ok with the move.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if anyone knows this but there's a possibility a really good DM in Arijan Ademi could become available soon if TFC is doing their homework. Arijan Ademi is a current Dinamo Zagreb product and recent Macedonian NT player. He is one of Dinamo's best players and Dinamo has a world famous school. Ademi last played in Dinamo's 2-1 win vs Arsenal in the Champions League. But Ademi has gotten into trouble. He's a great kid and professional but he denies any wrongdoing in a doping case in which he tested positive for a banned substance. He fully blames this on one of the Macedonian NT coaches (whether you want to believe this or not) and it's devastating news for Dinamo Zagreb . The kick is the kid is currently appealing a decision in which UEFA banned him for 4 years from professional soccer - essentially destroying his soccer career in Europe. However, this might open the door for him to come to North America as I believe its only a UEFA ban and not a FIFA ban.

He's 24 years old, 6 ft 1, beast of a DM, good with the ball and we could probably get him for a good price if his appeal fails. If I can find a good highlights video I will share it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are at least a few large market U.S. clubs that would be happy to take Bradley or Altidore at their current salaries. The issue is that none of those clubs have any vacant DP slots.

In any event, management has made it clear that the core will remain in place, so it's a moot point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I don't know if anyone knows this but there's a possibility a really good DM in Arijan Ademi could become available soon if TFC is doing their homework. Arijan Ademi is a current Dinamo Zagreb product and recent Macedonian NT player. He is one of Dinamo's best players and Dinamo has a world famous school. Ademi last played in Dinamo's 2-1 win vs Arsenal in the Champions League. But Ademi has gotten into trouble. He's a great kid and professional but he denies any wrongdoing in a doping case in which he tested positive for a banned substance. He fully blames this on one of the Macedonian NT coaches (whether you want to believe this or not) and it's devastating news for Dinamo Zagreb . The kick is the kid is currently appealing a decision in which UEFA banned him for 4 years from professional soccer - essentially destroying his soccer career in Europe. However, this might open the door for him to come to North America as I believe its only a UEFA ban and not a FIFA ban.

He's 24 years old, 6 ft 1, beast of a DM, good with the ball and we could probably get him for a good price if his appeal fails. If I can find a good highlights video I will share it.
    I heard about this... Only 2 issues I see.. First is can he prove that he's telling the truth and the second is league approval, as all deals go through the league will they be okay with signing a player that has been banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I heard about this... Only 2 issues I see.. First is can he prove that he's telling the truth and the second is league approval, as all deals go through the league will they be okay with signing a player that has been banned
    American sports scenes has historically overlooked banned substances, i think MLS can too

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    American sports scenes has historically overlooked banned substances, i think MLS can too
    Don't think so, MLS is extremely cautious about their branding.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totera appears to be hinting at another itilian coming, he had Gios agent on the show as well as Amoyal... I'm at work and can't listen to his show from last night.

Anyone watch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The only way he is proven honest at this point is if someone else admits to administering a banned substance without the player's approval - i think it's a moot point; as a professional athlete you should know what you put into your body, and if someone says "Take this" you just don't take it, no matter what people say; it's your health, let alone your character, that is on the line.

I don't think MLS would fancy that kind of exposure - taking players that are banned from other federations - i think the 2 federations have to approve the loan, no? I think there would be a snag in the transfer certificate on that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Totera appears to be hinting at another itilian coming, he had Gios agent on the show as well as Amoyal... I'm at work and can't listen to his show from last night.

Anyone watch?
    I listened to the Amoyal part. Totera thinks/speculating that TFC will try and make a play for Daniele Rugani. I had a good at that.

Amoyal didn't really say anything of note other than to not expect any Italian signings till next summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post

Anyone watch?

Asked if we could see another Italian coming to TFC, Seba's agent said "maybe", then said he had to be "professional" and couldn't really talk about it.
    Sounded like there were at least some discussions going on.

Although he did go on to mention that Nationality (i.e. Italian) was not as important as bringing in quality players to the right situations.

He also went on to talk about how he is a big proponent of MLS and helps to spread it's popularity as a viable option for European players (esp. after he helped bring Donadel and then Seba here).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maynor Figueroa is available from Colorado. Those of you in the know knows how good this guy can be at defence.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maynor Figueroa is available from Colorado. Those of you in the know knows how good this guy can be at defence.
    Can be or was? Not sure how much is left in the tank for him.

EDIT: For some reason i thought he was 35, not 32. Still likely he wants to be paid top $$$
    Last edited by Pint; 12-04-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado dumped him because apparently he wants stupid money for 2016. When you consider that Colorado used TAM to acquire him, i'd probably steer a wide berth.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-04-2015 at 01:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it all depends on how much money he wants and how much TAM goes up. MLS is thinking about upping TAM again.

if you want a #1 CB... you pay the price? or roll the dice again

-Eduardo Galeano