Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior to TAM, having 3 DPs took a significant chunk of a teams salary cap that made it hard to fit teammates around them of good quality (case in point: TFC 2011-2015). The TAM mitigates this effect and allows for better players to be acquired to go with the DPs. I think in two years we'll see a doubling of the TAM in both the cash amount and number of players it could be applied to. An extra 1.6 million per year that can be spread across 4 players? So in 2018, that could be 3 DPs ($1.7M), 4 TAM players ($480K+1.6), and 4 starters that will probably be in the $300K range ($1.2M). That leaves about $600K to fill out the rest of the roster for that year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    If he went to a League 1 side on a free transfer and then redid his said wage with his new club, would he not be completely off the books here in Toronto and thus open up the space.
    Whether it's League 1 or not, it's about the dough.

I'm sure if someone over there will give him GBP 100,000 for the rest of the season (ie what he made here last year, and I assume what he is entitled to this year), he'd go. Moore would just tear up his TFC contract, and leave, with no cap hit.

Issue is, I'm guessing, that even if Moore can find a deal, he would be offered far less than that. So he wants TFC to "make him whole", and that amount (the buyout), stays on our books.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    good point

perhaps its just a matter of where
    If Moore shows any quality at all during his training sessions Aston Villa will probably make a move due to desperation of try to stay in the BPL and not be relegated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Whether it's League 1 or not, it's about the dough.

I'm sure if someone over there will give him GBP 100,000 for the rest of the season (ie what he made here last year, and I assume what he is entitled to this year), he'd go. Moore would just tear up his TFC contract, and leave, with no cap hit.

Issue is, I'm guessing, that even if Moore can find a deal, he would be offered far less than that. So he wants TFC to "make him whole", and that amount (the buyout), stays on our books.
    This is a complete guess: but Moore is at the age (29) where a multi-year deal, in the UK, at a lower per-year salary might be appealing for him. Less $ up front, but more $ over the life of the deal, and a bit of security for a few years, before he hits 30. He might also be dealing with some homesickness, and be sick of some aspects of MLS. He will realize he's not going to get another deal like he has now, anywhere.

Meanwhile UK clubs will be wary of handing out retirement contracts to a marginal player, and they will give those tires a very careful kick. No guarantee any reasonable deal can be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    If Moore shows any quality at all during his training sessions Aston Villa will probably make a move due to desperation of try to stay in the BPL and not be relegated.

I highly doubt it will be Villa, as per the Yorkshire post just last night they claim Leeds or Sheff Wed are thinking about it.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee...rU7e04ibPul.97

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to rule this out officially, Borriello moved to Atalanta today.

http://www.football-italia.net/79053...iello-atalanta

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    I highly doubt it will be Villa, as per the Yorkshire post just last night they claim Leeds or Sheff Wed are thinking about it.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee...rU7e04ibPul.97
    I don't see him fitting in at Leeds. Money isn't exactly flowing at the moment, and we already have a bit of depth at forward with Wood, Mirco, Doukara etc. he would struggle to make the bench.
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    I don't see him fitting in at Leeds. Money isn't exactly flowing at the moment, and we already have a bit of depth at forward with Wood, Mirco, Doukara etc. he would struggle to make the bench.
    I agree Leeds would not be a good fit. I'm surprised Fulham hasn't been brought up. That could be a good fit in a mentorship role. They have a young core of strikers and can't seem to score consistently. I don't know if he would fit in financially though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    Wood is potentially facing some time out with an injured hamstring, there will be an update today. The club are actively looking for a striker as confirmed by the manager, and they have a bit of cash to play with after the Byram sale to West Ham. I'd be surprised if Micro stays after this season also.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...hunt-1-7700183

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that implies that Leeds are something akin to an organized, well run club with their priorities in order. And, well... you get where I'm going with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure speculation but trade one of our CBs to NYRB for some of that Miazaga GAM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Pure speculation but trade one of our CBs to NYRB for some of that Miazaga GAM?
    GAM will afford them the cap space to bring in a good CB to replace him. I don't think they'll be looking to waste it on a hagglund, Perquis, or zavaleta, and I wouldn't give up Simonin or Moor. I would trade Williams if we needed to for GAM, but again I doubt they would give waste it on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't even think about it TFC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35455908

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

Oh but you know they will, besides he'll probably end up in China anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't want the racist Terry here. besides he got no legs left....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone notice on the Matt Miazga deal he was represented by Ryan Nelson, so had a look and it appears he is definitely a player agent. I recall at the time of his firing... comment was made there was a question over him representing and that was a factor..now wondering if there was any truth to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speckles View Post
    Did anyone notice on the Matt Miazga deal he was represented by Ryan Nelson, so had a look and it appears he is definitely a player agent. I recall at the time of his firing... comment was made there was a question over him representing and that was a factor..now wondering if there was any truth to it.
    I heard an interview with Duncan Oughton. He and Nelsen have set up a consultancy firm to act as third-party deal facilitators. They aren't directly representing anyone. They define it as utilizing their North American and English connections to put interested parties together but seems more like they are acting as front men for Kia J. It's sketchy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I heard an interview with Duncan Oughton. He and Nelsen have set up a consultancy firm to act as third-party deal facilitators. They aren't directly representing anyone. They define it as utilizing their North American and English connections to put interested parties together but seems more like they are acting as front men for Kia J. It's sketchy.
    There was an article on top drawer soccer about Kia J,Nelsen, Miazga, Henry a while back. All the links are now dead and the article is nowhere to be seen. Sketchy indeed/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Kia needs foot soldiers to work for him in England, since he's technically not allowed to operate within the FA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TL was still here this would have worried me. He was courting him in a big way.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If TL was still here this would have worried me. He was courting him in a big way.
    True, but this doesn't strike me as the type of acquisition the current management regime would consider, given his age and reputation off the pitch.

This off season, the focus has been on addressing the shortcomings of the roster with high calibre players that are young enough to still play at their highest level, and fit within the constraints of the salary cap.

John Terry does not make sense for our club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Keeper Irwin, is BY FAR the most important addition to the team.....We haven't had a top notch keeper, except for Caesar's short stint.......Like Brian Robson once said....."A good keeper should get you 18 points in a season"....Imagine TFC getting an extra 18 points?....I haven't seen a DOMINANT game by a TFC keeper in a VERY long time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to see him in Toronto!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Would love to see him in Toronto!
    Sure.........playing for Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sure.........playing for Houston.
    You think he couldn't handle MLS? Give me a break.

I don't care about what he does or says off the field, I care about what he does on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i guess if we dont get rid of Moore today we are stuck with him unless we trade him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about what he does or says off the field, I care about what he does on it.
    Beg to differ. Don't want a unrepentant racist anywhere near the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't think what happens off the field affects the play on it? This management team seems focused on bringing in good locker room characters to the team. I don't want that POS anywhere near our locker room, and I doubt management would either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I care
    These guys represent out city, no thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't. Playing whatever matches he manages per year with a travel area about the size of Ontario is a lot different than flying coast to coast in MLS, playing on shit surfaces, and dealing with everything from freezing temps to up to 40 degree weather in a space of about a month. Not even mentioning altitude. So no, I don't think he can handle it.