Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    You think he couldn't handle MLS? Give me a break.

I don't care about what he does or says off the field, I care about what he does on it.
    I care, don't want toxic personalities creating friction in our locker room. It would be a slap in the face to all our black players to bring him on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short memories if we can't remember locker rumours dividing our club. Substantiated or no, they were out there as an answer for poor chemistry.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: what stops us from cutting a player (or mutually terminating the contract) from the main squad and signing him to TFC II, ie we cut Jordan Hamilton and then sign him to a TFC II contract?
    Last edited by portu; 02-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Question: what stops us from cutting a player (or mutually terminating the contract) from the main squad and signing him to TFC II, ie we cut Jordan Hamilton and then sign him to a TFC II contract?
    I could be totally wrong but I believe teams are only allowed to buyout one player per offseason? And we already used that on Kantari. We can waive players but if they were on a guaranteed contract there's no cap relief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton is HG and therefore no cap hit correct? I can't think of a player who would go to TFC II who would have a cap hit right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    I could be totally wrong but I believe teams are only allowed to buyout one player per offseason? And we already used that on Kantari. We can waive players but if they were on a guaranteed contract there's no cap relief.
    But to relieve us of a roster spot is why we'd do it. For example Hamilton has been a total waste of a roster spot the past two seasons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But to relieve us of a roster spot is why we'd do it. For example Hamilton has been a total waste of a roster spot the past two seasons
    Hard to argue against that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton sits on a non salary budget roster spot. 21-28. So if he were to be cut, he could be only replaced by a similar HG/Draftee/min wage guy.

And im sure if he were cut there would be plenty of people bemoaning TFC cutting loose a youth prospect too soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Hamilton sits on a non salary budget roster spot. 21-28. So if he were to be cut, he could be only replaced by a similar HG/Draftee/min wage guy.

And im sure if he were cut there would be plenty of people bemoaning TFC cutting loose a youth prospect too soon.
    But that's the point of signing them to TFC II because that way they're not really being let go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's the point of signing them to TFC II because that way they're not really being let go
    There must be something in place to prevent that from happening (cutting them from MLS contracts and signing them to USL) because if there wasn't im sure that someone would have done it by now or Manny Appricio would have been signed to a USL only deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could permanently loan him to TFC II for the full season and get the roster spot back that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    You don't need to use a buyout to get rid of most players. Most players are on semi-guaranteed contracts so they can be cut at any time. I'm sure all the academy kids are semi-guaranteed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There must be something in place to prevent that from happening (cutting them from MLS contracts and signing them to USL) because if there wasn't im sure that someone would have done it by now or Manny Appricio would have been signed to a USL only deal.
    I think now that most teams all have USL affiliated teams, there's less reason to sign kids to HG MLS contracts to begin with. I believe Hamilton, Aparicio, and Manella were all signed to HG contracts because we didn't have a TFC II to sign them with. The same players now wouldn't have been signed to an MLS contract to begin with. They would have to prove themselves in the USL first, and then get a HG contract. And at that point, either they can hack it in MLS or you let them go. Right now we're just dealing with the remnants of a system where there was no step between the academy and MLS. I think it's probably why MLS introduced the season long loan to the USL, to allow teams to free up roster space that they previously had to waste on HG players that weren't really ready yet, but were too good to not lock up with a contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Or you could permanently loan him to TFC II for the full season and get the roster spot back that way.

You don't need to use a buyout to get rid of most players. Most players are on semi-guaranteed contracts so they can be cut at any time. I'm sure all the academy kids are semi-guaranteed.
    You only get one permanent loan a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only get one permanent loan a season
    I'm having trouble tracking down any rules regarding USL loans. It isn't mentioned in the league rules anywhere. But I'm pretty sure we had at least two players permanently loaned down last season. Mannella and at least one other. But if it is just one, who else would you permanently loan besides Hamilton? It wouldn't be any other HG currently on the roster, and there wouldn't be any point to signing someone else to an MLS contract only to send them down. One USL loan leaves us with two roster spaces. Let the TFC II players and Endoh fight for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having trouble tracking down any rules regarding USL loans. It isn't mentioned in the league rules anywhere. But I'm pretty sure we had at least two players permanently loaned down last season. Mannella and at least one other. But if it is just one, who else would you permanently loan besides Hamilton? It wouldn't be any other HG currently on the roster, and there wouldn't be any point to signing someone else to an MLS contract only to send them down. One USL loan leaves us with two roster spaces. Let the TFC II players and Endoh fight for them.
    It was just Aparicio actually (remember Mannella was on the bench against Seattle) and in the release it stated that you can only get one loan that opens a roster spot and it was done so that we could sign Simonin

And I don't know what if we want to sign Babouli and Endoh? We don't have enough space on the roster to make it happen. Plus if it looks like we'd like to keep Simonin in our system but his injuries are too detrimental at the moment to keep him on the senior roster then we could mutually terminate with the understanding that TFC II subsequently signs him up (also worth noting that we have probably one too many centrebacks)
    Last edited by portu; 02-04-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A permanent loan takes the roster spot back from the MLS roster while other players are just regular loans, Manella was with the big team for a couple trips.

You get 1 permanent loan per season.

Also when Hamilton was signed we didn't have a USL team, it was sign him or lose him to Europe as he had offers. He is still only 19, give the kid some time he has the skills to be a legit player in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this and wondered:

Have any of the TFC academy kids committed to a US College?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do MLS clubs maintain any rights for academy players going to play in the NCAA? How does that work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have to spend x amount of days throughout a year traing with TFC to maintain their home grown status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was just Aparicio actually (remember Mannella was on the bench against Seattle) and in the release it stated that you can only get one loan that opens a roster spot and it was done so that we could sign Simonin
    Right. I think it was just speculation that Mannella was a permanent loan since he was made captain of TFC II.

And I don't know what if we want to sign Babouli and Endoh? We don't have enough space on the roster to make it happen. Plus if it looks like we'd like to keep Simonin in our system but his injuries are too detrimental at the moment to keep him on the senior roster then we could mutually terminate with the understanding that TFC II subsequently signs him up (also worth noting that we have probably one too many centrebacks)
    We have 27 players signed. Loan Hamilton and that makes two roster spots. With those spots, you can sign both Babouli and Endoh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to think more people will be leaving to make room for Endoh and/or Babouli. The Moore situation is still unresolved and Hagglund hasn't been getting much minutes. I suspect most of this will be sorted before they travel to Florida.

This is what I have roster-wise. Someone can correct me:

Senior Roster:
    Bradley
    Morgan
    Morrow
    Beitashour
    Johnson
    Williams
    Perquis
    Moor
    Cheyrou
    Irwin
    Giovinco
    Altidore
    Warner
    Osorio
    Zavaleta
    Bloom
    Moore
    Delgado
    Gomez

Supplemental Roster:
    Lovitz
    Hagglund
    Bono
    Simonin
    Chapman (HG)
    Roberts (HG)
    Mannella (HG)
    Hamilton (HG)
    Last edited by PopePouri; 02-04-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    You have to think more people will be leaving to make room for Endoh and/or Babouli. The Moore situation is still unresolved and Hagglund hasn't been getting much minutes. I suspect most of this will be sorted before they travel to Florida.

This is what I have roster-wise. Someone can correct me:
    Looks correct. 1 open slot at the moment. Transfer Moore, permanently loan someone to TFC II (probably Bono), sign Babouli and Endoh and we're back to 1 open slot which is good for flexibility's sake come the summer transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Looks correct. 1 open slot at the moment. Transfer Moore, permanently loan someone to TFC II (probably Bono), sign Babouli and Endoh and we're back to 1 open slot which is good for flexibility's sake come the summer transfer window.
    We're not going to carry three keepers, so I expect Bono will go down, as well as Simonin, because he's rehabbing a second surgery and there's no point occupying a roster spot. He might as well play out what little time he gets this year in USL, as we're pretty deep now at CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know anything about what kind of injury Simonin is rehabing?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know anything about what kind of injury Simonin is rehabing?
    Knee injury. Not sure about the specific medical details though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Knee injury. Not sure about the specific medical details though.
    That the same one he was out with last year, or a new injury?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That the same one he was out with last year, or a new injury?
    From the same injury he had last year. Had one surgery on it and was rehabbing from it from it last year. I spoke with him for a bit at the SSH BBQ last year and he told me he needs a second surgery on it in the fall which I guess he had now so it was going to take awhile to get back on the pitch. He seemed very frustrated by it but I guess I would be too if my career I was starting was being hampered by injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We're not going to carry three keepers, so I expect Bono will go down, as well as Simonin, because he's rehabbing a second surgery and there's no point occupying a roster spot. He might as well play out what little time he gets this year in USL, as we're pretty deep now at CB.
    I actually expect Q to go down for 3 reasons:

1) Keeping Bono up allows us to use his GA contract against the cap = $0
    2) Q is a canadian and tfc2 has a canadian roster and playing time quota
    3) A good keeper needs playing time. Q will benefit more from playing in games then sitting on the bench - See Irwin as an example of this. I doubt he'd be where he is if he was a MLS backup to start his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect Bono and Roberts to rotate up and down, make sure each still gets some game action, unless they've said someone becomes the permanent backup?

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    permanently loan someone to TFC II (probably Bono),

Regardless, neither Bono or Roberts will receive the 'permanent loan'. If there's an injury to either first team goalie, you need to call the other up and you can't do that with the permanent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I actually expect Q to go down for 3 reasons:

1) Keeping Bono up allows us to use his GA contract against the cap = $0
    2) Q is a canadian and tfc2 has a canadian roster and playing time quota
    3) A good keeper needs playing time. Q will benefit more from playing in games then sitting on the bench - See Irwin as an example of this. I doubt he'd be where he is if he was a MLS backup to start his career.
    Roberts is presumably on the supplemental roster so neither would count against the cap. And it's been suggested that TFC sees Bono as a better long term prospect than Roberts (even if he isn't better right now) so if that is the case it would make sense for them to send Bono down to TFC II to get more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Regardless, neither Bono or Roberts will receive the 'permanent loan'. If there's an injury to either first team goalie, you need to call the other up and you can't do that with the permanent.
    This however is a good point. Maybe Simonin or Chapman goes down instead (Babouli looks more ready than Chapman at the moment anyways).