Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2915
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manager87 View Post
    Milos Kocic and TFC are in negotiations-as im good friends with him.....he(milos)informed that tfc could not up to a agrrement with borjan
    Somebody, please put me out of my misery.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint me sceptical

Kocic is NASL level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll always fondly remember Kocic for his penalty save against Columbus back when I had seats in the north end (rip).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    He came out of retirement to play in Hungary last season. Did he retire again?
    3rd division Hungary. I'm calling BS on this. There are enough MLS keepers that are free agents that are better than him between the posts.

What I could believe is that he's being brought on as a coach for the academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was really hoping to see a GK brought in from Europe at $600-$800K range, starting to think that isn't going to happen. Nothing against Kocic but rather would just re-sign Konopka. This needs settled before preseason training starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Was really hoping to see a GK brought in from Europe at $600-$800K range, starting to think that isn't going to happen. Nothing against Kocic but rather would just re-sign Konopka. This needs settled before preseason training starts.
    News always comes out of the combine with every journo and front office together. I'd say we hear either way by the draft.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what we do on this forum. We get nervous because of a lack of transfer rumours, Duane makes up some nonsense that ends up not being true and then TFC end up signing players that weren't on our radar.

We have over $1 million in TAM. We are not signing Kocic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he talking to TFC about becoming the GK coach? We will retain our "laughing stock" status if he is the #1 next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Is he talking to TFC about becoming the GK coach? We will retain our "laughing stock" status if he is the #1 next year.
    Well it'd be hard wrestle the dunce cap title back from the Union but this would show we're at least working on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Kocic would be dumb as bricks. Are we sure this isn't for a staff position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of us didn't agree with the decision to let Frei go in favor of Bendik, and other than a short spell with Cesar in goal, we have been scrambling to find a legitimate starting goalkeeper ever since.

I have fond memories of Kocic during our CCL run a few years ago, but surely management has their sights set higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browsing twitter for news, came across Lee Godfrey's page... boy the guy seems bitter about having been let go by the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has got to be for Goalkeeper Coach...Or its TFC of old striking back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I sincerely hope Rollins is just speculating.
    It's a fair chunk of what he does. He's disgraceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Sorry Reg, I'll disagree with you on this too. I've been vocal about my desire to see Kenny at TFC. I think he's been exemplary with the CMNT and while he isn't young, he's got two or three good years left in him and, as we all know, GK's often play up to and beyond 40.

We need one vet to mentor the rookies and I think Kenny could be it.

Who knows though, maybe it is Milos. He did come out of retirement to play in Hungary this past season.
    Man, he was terrible for us during the loan season. Remember Michael Parkhurst chipping him from 60 yards? He didnt' look MLS quality back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Browsing twitter for news, came across Lee Godfrey's page... boy the guy seems bitter about having been let go by the club.
    ??? I just went back to Xmas on it, didn't see anything. He's at the Tampa Bay Rowdies now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Talk about how I felt I were doing a good job and that no one appreciated my interviewing skills even though Danielle is a superior interviewer in every way and that the Tampa Bay Rowdies seem to appreciate my talents as a young Canadian making a mark in this business...."

?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    "Talk about how I felt I were doing a good job and that no one appreciated my interviewing skills even though Danielle is a superior interviewer in every way and that the Tampa Bay Rowdies seem to appreciate my talents as a young Canadian making a mark in this business...."

?
    Not even sure what that means. Maybe he had a vino too many that night....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

ah, fuck. we really did a number on him. I feel bad for the guy. hope he enjoys a fruitful career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Thats harsh

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first part was enough. The second is unnecessary and personal.

I'd appreciate you leaving it out next time.

Thanks for your co-operation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?
    Hahaha, well done. His interviews were really something else. By the time he's done asking the question, he's already answered it.

??? I just went back to Xmas on it, didn't see anything. He's at the Tampa Bay Rowdies now.
    I just saw a recent one then searched "TFC" on his page: https://twitter.com/search?q=TFC%20f...dfrey&src=typd. Just a bunch of small barbs everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Well wild speculation is a fair bit of what Rollins does...granted it could be argued that it isn't 'disgraceful', in deference to this site's rules i won't debate that, but it is extremely frustrating, common and a huge waste of time.

This is from a few weeks back:

Duane Rollins @24thminute
    Just got a tip that TFC moves likely today. So buckle up. The silly season rollercoaster is going up that first incline.
    9:52 AM - 15 Dec 2015 · Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute 22m22 minutes agoToronto, Ontario
    Duane Rollins Retweeted Duncan Fletcher
    It's possible I dreamed it all up. I was having weird dreams all night so it's conceivable
    Duane Rollins added,
    Duncan Fletcher @DuncanDFletcher@bill_ault @24thminute @TobiasVaughn @ShaunSolo WHERE ARE ALL THESE TFC MOVES WE WERE PROMISED TODAY DUANE!!!???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Well wild speculation is a fair bit of what Rollins does...granted it could be argued that it isn't 'disgraceful', in deference to this site's rules i won't debate that, but it is extremely frustrating, common and a huge waste of time.

This is from a few weeks back:

Duane Rollins @24thminute
    Just got a tip that TFC moves likely today. So buckle up. The silly season rollercoaster is going up that first incline.
    9:52 AM - 15 Dec 2015 · Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute 22m22 minutes agoToronto, Ontario
    Duane Rollins Retweeted Duncan Fletcher
    It's possible I dreamed it all up. I was having weird dreams all night so it's conceivable
    Duane Rollins added,
    Duncan Fletcher @DuncanDFletcher@bill_ault @24thminute @TobiasVaughn @ShaunSolo WHERE ARE ALL THESE TFC MOVES WE WERE PROMISED TODAY DUANE!!!???
    I mean, we announced Drew Moor the next day. Not exactly an egregious error...

Better example would be Boakai, who Rollins said we'd be acquiring but nothing has come of it yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw a recent one then searched "TFC" on his page: https://twitter.com/search?q=TFC%20f...dfrey&src=typd. Just a bunch of small barbs everywhere.
    Seems honest ... not too over the top.

Was he let go? Or did he see writing on the wall once they were going to shut down GOL TV. It's not like he had much of a broadcast future left there at that point, once the channel was closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kokic

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Many of us didn't agree with the decision to let Frei go in favor of Bendik, and other than a short spell with Cesar in goal, we have been scrambling to find a legitimate starting goalkeeper ever since.

I have fond memories of Kocic during our CCL run a few years ago, but surely management has their sights set higher.

I agree. Kocic in my opinion was a better keeper than Bendik and Konopka, so I am not sure why everyone is so down on the guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I agree. Kocic in my opinion was a better keeper than Bendik and Konopka, so I am not sure why everyone is so down on the guy.
    I don't think there's much difference between any of them, really. Bendik's time here was over, but if we're not going to re-sign Konopka it should be because we're signing a clear upgrade. Bringing Kocic back would be a lateral move.

We have all this TAM and it doesn't look like we're going to sign a DM, so let's use it on a keeper that can win us games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It Kocic comes in, he won't be no. 1. They'll promote Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

He's part of my industry. I'm eminently qualified to judge how he would be viewed within professional media circles. And of course it's personal, I was a journalist for 25 years and hacks are ruining journalism.

Everything we write here is personal, Fort. The question is whether it's unnecessarily rude. I think it's quite necessary that people who make stuff up be castigated for it. He's been wrong so many times, what else would you call it? Zealous? Unlucky?

Point taken, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, we announced Drew Moor the next day. Not exactly an egregious error...

Better example would be Boakai, who Rollins said we'd be acquiring but nothing has come of it yet.

well everybody knew something was happening in the next day or so - it's that he presents himself as someone in the know, and bombastically at that, who is often way off or exaggerated in his assertions - anyway, rule of thumb, confirm from JM who doesn't 'wild dream it all up'