Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New scape goat? Always hated lack Moore. He is an okay 4th striker paid like someone putting in 10 per year.

What he provides to this club can easily be replaced within or by a nasl or usl player. His skill set may be better suited to England but he does very little for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    New scape goat? Always hated lack Moore. He is an okay 4th striker paid like someone putting in 10 per year.

What he provides to this club can easily be replaced within or by a nasl or usl player. His skill set may be better suited to England but he does very little for us.
    I can agree with the first part, but not the second because you won't find a striker with Moore's technical ability in USL or NASL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    well, now that Jackson and Findley are gone, the fanbase has found its next scapegoat
    Moore doesn't play enough to bother disliking him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, now that Jackson and Findley are gone, the fanbase has found its next scapegoat
    Do we actually know they have gone?. I recently read on MLS.com that they may be renegotiating Findley's contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Do we actually know they have gone?. I recently read on MLS.com that they may be renegotiating Findley's contract.
    Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Link?
    I can't find it on MLS.com so it may have been somewhere else I read it. It was basically an article showing the status of every team's rosters and Findlay's name had an asterisk besides it which said "possibly renegotiating contract". Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Ledgerwood contract has been terminated. He's now available.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is about any Canadian that it's an immediate rumour for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds about right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO he was always there.
    Jackson and Findley may have made some mistakes here or there, but they certainly gave it a shot.
    Nothing against Moore as a person, but TFC could use his cap space for a better competitor or 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    IMO he was always there.
    ill agree with this statement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore was/is a capable back up and had quite good technical skills. He is a big upgrade on back up strikers from the past and worked pretty well with giovinco. Does he look lazy? Yes. Is he? Maybe, maybe not, depending on what the coach has asked him to do. The team could do worse than starting him as a hold up player in support of gio, trading Altidore, and using the cap room for two quality players. Far better balance. And given that, I don't get all the hate for him. He is far from the top of the 2015 teams' issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Moore was/is a capable back up and had quite good technical skills. He is a big upgrade on back up strikers from the past and worked pretty well with giovinco. Does he look lazy? Yes. Is he? Maybe, maybe not, depending on what the coach has asked him to do. The team could do worse than starting him as a hold up player in support of gio, trading Altidore, and using the cap room for two quality players. Far better balance. And given that, I don't get all the hate for him. He is far from the top of the 2015 teams' issues.
    He didn't score goals, looked lazy/disinterested when on the pitch and is making over $200K. That's pretty much all you need to know about why some people dislike him. Everything you said about him (not actually being lazy, perhaps working better with Gio than Jozy, etc.) may be true but we can only judge a player by what we see and what we saw from Moore this past season was far from great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys like Moore are precisely the type of players we should be avoiding. Between him and Gomez, we had what, over half a million dollars in cap space buried on the bench?

With 3 DPs, there is an even greater impetus to balance the roster with sound cap management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Guys like Moore are precisely the type of players we should be avoiding. Between him and Gomez, we had what, over half a million dollars in cap space buried on the bench?

With 3 DPs, there is an even greater impetus to balance the roster with sound cap management.
    Totally agreed. People like to point fingers at Bradley and/or Altidore as our big problems because of their salaries but at least they are above average MLS players who have a positive impact on the team. They may be overpaid but in the end only $400K of their salaries count against the cap so our concerns should be about whether or not we're missing out on a better value DP (which is totally valid), not about how much they're being paid (unless you care greatly about MLSE's profits). Like you said, I think the bigger problem for us now and in the past are/were guys like Kantari, Findley, Moore and to a lesser extent Perquis, Gomez, Jackson, Bendik, Warner, etc., guys who have/had six figure cap hits but contributed very little to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I can't find it on MLS.com so it may have been somewhere else I read it. It was basically an article showing the status of every team's rosters and Findlay's name had an asterisk besides it which said "possibly renegotiating contract". Take it for what it's worth.
    Link?
    It was Soccer By Ives. Under Toronto FC it has a * beside Findley meaning expired contract, and reportedly in discussions to re-sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In reality we can only really afford one of Findley, Moore and Gomez's salaries so I support any move made by management that leaves us with one of them come the start of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need back ups with the skills of Moore and / or Gomez in circumstances where the league does not respect the FIFA schedule and we lose our DP's to international call ups regularly. He contributed well this year - and tracked back, go look at the replays - until his bereavement leave. Still think people's attitude to him is misplaced. What back up striker have we ever had with his skill level? While I agree that we don't need him, Findley and Gomez, that isn't exactly Moores fault. And he is still a better fit with Gio than Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We need back ups with the skills of Moore and / or Gomez in circumstances where the league does not respect the FIFA schedule and we lose our DP's to international call ups regularly. He contributed well this year - and tracked back, go look at the replays - until his bereavement leave. Still think people's attitude to him is misplaced. What back up striker have we ever had with his skill level? While I agree that we don't need him, Findley and Gomez, that isn't exactly Moores fault. And he is still a better fit with Gio than Jozy.
    Moore is not a goal scoring threat by himself in this league, which is what the forwards expected to do.
    He appears to have no ambition to compete for a starter job, which his 230K/year pay package should imply him to try. He often was not even the first choice off the bench.
    If not for his cushy contract, he should have been easier expendable than, say, Jackson, who tried to do too much, thanks to Vanney's mismanagement.
    I have nothing good to say about Moore, except that he has got himself a sweet gig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    It was Soccer By Ives. Under Toronto FC it has a * beside Findley meaning expired contract, and reportedly in discussions to re-sign.
    Yep, that would be it, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things circulating on Twitter that Moore's been offered a contract by Nottingham and is expected to sign

On another note: why the hell haven't we heard anything about this (I mean seriously not even a comment dismissing or acknowledging this) from anyone in TFC media land

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things circulating on Twitter that Moore's been offered a contract by Nottingham and is expected to sign

On another note: why the hell haven't we heard anything about this (I mean seriously not even a comment dismissing or acknowledging this) from anyone in TFC media land
    Secrecy abides with our current FO, I'm ok with that. Don't tell me until it's a done deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Wicked-W...ail/story.html

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article says Moore is a Free Agent? When did that happen?

According to this news release, Moore is listed under contract with TFC for 2016:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/12...ons-13-players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since returning from Canada, Moore is back training with Villa at Bodymoor Heath to retain his fitness while he looks for another club.
    I'd wager he's been told he can find a new club. Moore won't break contract unless he's got something lined up and TFC is probably hoping he'll take care of himself before they force a move. At the end of the day he's a Nelsen guy that occupies the bench and is as good as gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Secrecy abides with our current FO, I'm ok with that. Don't tell me until it's a done deal.
    Secrecy? The cat is out of the bag

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Secrecy? The cat is out of the bag
    it's holiday season. even journalists are allowed to be on vacation with family once in a while
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's holiday season. even journalists are allowed to be on vacation with family once in a while
    And Front Offices, for the most part, are off till Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Palermo GK Sorrentino discusses his contract negotiations. Not close or far apart, issue is more than money, he wants to play to the end of his career, not just warm the bench somewhere.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/new...one_di_mezzo_/
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Moore is not a goal scoring threat by himself in this league, which is what the forwards expected to do.
    He appears to have no ambition to compete for a starter job, which his 230K/year pay package should imply him to try. He often was not even the first choice off the bench.
    If not for his cushy contract, he should have been easier expendable than, say, Jackson, who tried to do too much, thanks to Vanney's mismanagement.
    I have nothing good to say about Moore, except that he has got himself a sweet gig.
    LOL the hate on Moore. Maybe you should go back and rewatch the Timbers/SJ/DCU stretch of games where he came in and did well considering not being a regular. Set up his teammates and scored. That is what a forward is expected to do and he did it, and with Giovinco on board to play back to goal and occupy the CBs. The did that. I think we have too many up top as it is, but wouldn't be bothered if Moore had been the one we kept on for another year, but also think we should be bedding in a younger player at this point behind Altidore.