Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I worry that he's declined which is why COL want to move him. He didn't show well when he played here last year.

https://youtu.be/IHcDc9vOmJc?t=45s
    I don't think that's the case. Rapids are moving for Howard after they couldn't get Bedoya. They want a USMNT name, simple as. Irwin will also fetch a nice trade return which would help them out too.

From a Rapids blog

Don't we already have a pretty sweet goalkeeper in Clint Irwin? And a pretty damn capable backup in Zac MacMath?
    According to Jeff Carlisle of ESPNFC, it could be happening.
    But see here is the thing: On one hand this is shocking that the Colorado Rapids would try and pull this off. On the other hand, this is not a big shock. Here is why?
    The Rapids need buzz. Any buzz right now. They need to improve the team and they need to energize the fanbase in a way that they have not done in years. The Rapids need *something* like this.
    And if they trade Irwin, they are trading a player that will bring the most return for their buck.

So no, I am not shocked. I would be severely bummed if Irwin left as he is the one player that gave his all last year, but keep in mind: the Rapids need to make a massive splash. They are in big time danger of becoming completely irrelevant in this league. If they manage to sign Alan Pulido and Tim Howard?
    Splash achieved. But will it bring results?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Tim Howard talk is crazy. Not moving to MLS now or in August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This Tim Howard talk is crazy. Not moving to MLS now or in August.
    You see this during the week?

Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes it is "impossible to say" whether Tim Howard will remain with the club next season.
    Howard is under contract at Everton until 2018 but his backup Joel Robles has earned plaudits for recent cup wins, and Martinez couldn't rule out a move away from Goodison Park this summer for the United States international.
    Asked if Howard would still be with Everton next season, Martinez said, "It is impossible to say that. We need to take it game by game and week by week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    You see this during the week?
    Howard has said repeatedly he'll retire after his contract, and won't play in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Howard has said repeatedly he'll retire after his contract, and won't play in MLS.
    Was that before the current shitstorm with his form and the fans happened at Everton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Was that before the current shitstorm with his form and the fans happened at Everton?
    End of last season, so yeah. But he'd had a few howlers then, too. You got the sense last year he was pushing it and might have hit the wall, ala Barthez at Man Utd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of last season, so yeah. But he'd had a few howlers then, too. You got the sense last year he was pushing it and might have hit the wall, ala Barthez at Man Utd.
    He took the year off from USMNT to spend more time with his kids who live in Memphis. Maybe, given the current situation, he's had a change of heart. A DP contract and closer to his kids could sound appealing to him right now.

Regardless, i'd be more worried about the Rapids competency to pull off a deal of this size than Howards desire to come back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can see why owners were ticked at TL for moving the needle by getting Defoe and Bradley. Teams that don't win on the pitch need to create buzz by spending money on DP's that people have heard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not as many howlers as this season, and certainly not the amount of stick from his own fans. They sarcactically applauded him when he made an easy catch in the recent Stoke game- that's got to hurt. His performance in that game and previously in a game v Bournemouth where as bad as you'll see. His ability is still there as per his performance against Man City the other night, but at that level you have to show consistency. The stick he is getting on everton supporters website is pretty rough.He previously said he'd retire at end of 2018 world cup as that was when his Everton contract is up also. Whether or not he wants to try and ride this rough spell out or get a nice contract in his home country remains to be seen. Personally I feel he'd be lucky to get the end of the season with Everton, he'll definetly not be their no 1 next season, and his age is he happy to sit on the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Tim Howard and I think his time is coming to an end at Everton.

Would love to see him in a TFC jersey. Would actually be one of the best days of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never say never but far more likely Howard will just retire and move right into a broadcasting job. Been doing commentary on a few PL games during off days for NBCSN so I'd think they already have an arrangement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tick Tock. We frankly should have had the keepers issue settled by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well it would be nice if it was already settled, but if someone is in place for day one of training camp I am fine with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yeah, really just shows our lack of preparedness in dealing with an absence in the position. Keep in mind that if a guy is out of contract then we can talk to him 6 months in advance (meaning Borjan could have been sorted out 6 months ago)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god Oh my god no keeper.
    just kidding, nbd, still plenty of time. They know it's an issue, they got rid of our two starting keepers for a reason. Every other signing has made perfect sense don't see how this one won't

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    I can't believe the amount of hate that Hagglund gets here... he was arguably our best defender one season ago and people act like he's not even MLS backup quality because of a season in which he barely even played and was played out of position in several of the few times he actually did. I'm not saying he's the next coming of Ramos or whatever but rewind the clock to prior to last season and Haggs was looking like our future cb1/2. He's exactly the type of player we should be keeping around - young, cheap and proven MLS quality but with leftover potential. That said, unless one of our young cbs (Zavaleta, Hagglund, Simonin, Thomas) burns out somehow we're going to have to make some decisions sooner or later, which I guess is a preferable situation to be in than being without any of them.

It it seems many forget the affect the coach has on the players development . Like most coaches Vanney has his faves . Would Henry get to develop under him ? I'm not sure . Skylar Thomas will need a mentor of some sort . Maybe Caldwell ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Neither of them know what they are doing, lets move on from both...

Thats harsh....guess we'll simply snap our fingers and find a CB for cheap out of the blue . Forgetting we need a keeper and DM .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Oh my god Oh my god no keeper.
    just kidding, nbd, still plenty of time. They know it's an issue, they got rid of our two starting keepers for a reason. Every other signing has made perfect sense don't see how this one won't
    Still way early. They've probably got a decent target list and are going through it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder:

First talk of Giovinco on last year's between season thread was Jan 4. Serious discussion started around the 14th.

Deal signed on the 17th.

Things happen quickly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just a reminder:

First talk of Giovinco on last year's between season thread was Jan 4. Serious discussion started around the 14th.

Deal signed on the 17th.

Things happen quickly.
    And this FO spills next to nothing. Theoretically a GK could be pretty much a done deal and we may not know until they want us to know and I find that refreshing as opposed to our old big mouth style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Thats harsh....guess we'll simply snap our fingers and find a CB for cheap out of the blue . Forgetting we need a keeper and DM .
    Why is it harsh, it's fact. The results with these guys in, speaks for itself, and it is so painful to watch them with the ball, because they don't know what they are doing when they have it. Besides, we actually do have two other's in Williams and Simonin. The former being much more reliable and versatile, the latter possessing actual quality and skill, but unfortunately with little first team experience so far. The talent is at least there though with Simonin. We really need to stop talking about Zav/Hagg as players to move forward with for any sort of depth, or we will continue to occupy the basement of the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We weren't the basement of the league last season. And depth in this league is cheap rather than good.

A look at the defensive depth of most teams confirms that the most important thing is time around the system. I .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yeah, really just shows our lack of preparedness in dealing with an absence in the position. Keep in mind that if a guy is out of contract then we can talk to him 6 months in advance (meaning Borjan could have been sorted out 6 months ago)
    Borjan signed a 3 year contract with his current club this past summer. Not sure how they could have sorted this out 6 months ago unless you're suggesting we should have signed him over the summer window with the $0 that were available...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Whitecaps doesn't have a starting RB. LA and Seattle doesn't have a starting DM. Dallas doesn't have a starting no.9. I guess they're all just as incompetent.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 01-16-2016 at 07:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I maintain that the level of goalkeeper starter we are looking for is higher then Borjan. They are going to use TAM on a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I maintain that the level of goalkeeper starter we are looking for is higher then Borjan. They are going to use TAM on a keeper.
    Definitely agree

Maybe ManU would be willing to loan Victor Valdes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    The Whitecaps doesn't have a starting RB. LA and Seattle doesn't have a starting DM. Dallas doesn't have a starting no.9. I guess they're all just as incompetent.
    Jordan Smith will start for whitecaps at RB - they were already pushing Beitashour half way though last season. He is starter quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Tim Howard, he made another blunder today for Chelsea's first goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howard will come through the allocation process. Colorado traded up to get the #1 spot.

No way we get him.