Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we even trade Bendik? We didn't pick up the option and the Re-Entry is over so aren't all those players FAs. I obviously don't mind, it's a free asset; just another MLS rule I don't understand. It's like those Frei and Convey deals a couple years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Jozy as the CF and Seba with a free role on the left given a shot but that then begs the question of who plays on the right of the front 3? Delgado, Gomez or maybe someone from TFCII?
    Gomez is too slow to play that role out wide. What you need is the competent version of Robbie Findley.

I think team speed is an interesting concern. Right now, outside of Seba, we have guys who range from average to slow. However, lets note Bradley and Johnson form a very aggressive ball winning midfield. Teams have problems dealing with the General's presence alone, throw in WJ and we should consistently be winning those battles in the trenches.

It's not unheard of for teams to play a 3 midfield with three superior players who don't distinctly have different qualities. I'm sure we can figure out something. Even a 4-1-3-2 with Cheyrou as the "1" could work.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-19-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik to Orlando per Paul Tenorio.

No details on the return as of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik to Orlando per Paul Tenorio.

No details on the return as of yet.
    well my day just got slightly better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, per Orlando journo Paul Tenorio, Bendik to OCSC in trade for ???. I'd guess either TAM or GAM. If it is TAM, that would indicate a GK signing from Europe once January window opens. If GAM, then who knows.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...1218-post.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik's value must have plummeted based on his performance last season. I'm not expecting much of a return. The freed up cap space will certainly help though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Bendik's value must have plummeted based on his performance last season. I'm not expecting much of a return. The freed up cap space will certainly help though.
    From everyone I expect to see us unload, I expect nothing of value in return other than a low amount of allo $$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some stuff floating around that Milan Borjan is on his way to toronto.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I think that would move him to first call to the GK start position for Canada. Why not, right? Kenny already played for us for a stint...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    He retweeted it, sounds like you may be right!

milan borjan Retweeted
    Canucks Abroad@Canucks_Abroad 41m41 minutes ago
    Canucks Abroad Retweeted Teddy
    Teddy claims @mr_zombi to @torontofc is a done deal #TransferRumours
    Canucks Abroad added,
    Teddy @Toronto_Sports@RyleyBredenhof @Canucks_Abroad this is accurate as I first reported #tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I like it. Sturdy, dependable, etc...

Although starting to worry we'll lose have our starting lineup on intl dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer market says he just signed a 3 year deal in July.

So I guess we are blowing our TAM on a transfer fee for him? Kind of dumb to do that for a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ I like it. Sturdy, dependable, etc...

Although starting to worry we'll lose have our starting lineup on intl dates.
    Roberts has to start getting playing time at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go look at Borjans twitter page, pretty sure he's just having a laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Transfer market says he just signed a 3 year deal in July.

So I guess we are blowing our TAM on a transfer fee for him? Kind of dumb to do that for a keeper.
    This would be a terrible move. Borjan would be laughed at if he wasn't Canadian. I'd rather keep Bendik and the TAM. (If there's any involved) Surely there's some GK in France looking to play that Vanney could convince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go look at Borjans twitter page, pretty sure he's just having a laugh.
    That's actually so confusing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Roberts has to start getting playing time at some point.
    They just sent him to Bremner to train. Can only assume it's to get him some professional training action to take him to the next level with TFC2 next season.
    I don't see him coming up until the following season depending on how our new guy does. No point in bringing him up to sit on the bench. He's young still. No need to rush him - he's getting pro games under his belt and proper training to compensate. I'd rather just see him come up and play tandum with a guy he can learn from, then take over the #1 the follow season or sooner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently TFC is building a team of NA players and seba.maybe our gm should trade our import slots for allo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This would be a terrible move. Borjan would be laughed at if he wasn't Canadian. I'd rather keep Bendik and the TAM. (If there's any involved) Surely there's some GK in France looking to play that Vanney could convince.
    Borjan is a much better goalkeeper than Bendik or Konopka. It would be far from a terrible move to acquire him, and it would cost less than acquiring a European keeper that isn't currently out of a job.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 12-19-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'd guess we'll see a mix of Cheyrou and Johnson all season. When protecting/defending we could see both on covering the defence in a 4-5-1. We could also see Johnson used on the wing in the attack. Either gets a knock we still have a MLS quality player to start at CDM.

I'd expect both will log 70-80% of our total minutes.
    I suspect we'll play a couple of different formations, with two recessed central midfielders, pivots with mostly defensive duty.

-----Johnson---Cheyrou----
    ----------Bradley

But also
    --------Johnson-----
    ----Bradley--Osorio

and also

-----Johnson-----
    Osorio----Cheyrou
    -----Bradley

We still need a DM. We should be platooning one, as they're all too similar in their weaknesses, and our midfield looks woefully slow to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Gotta disagree here. Bendik nice guy, so so keeper. We need more he can't provide. If ya don't use TAM ya lose it and so we might as well use it on Borjan, who is by all means a decent keeper, certainly good enough for this league, with great euro experience.not sure I trust Vanneys plugs in France as Perquis and Kantari have been so so so far. Do wish it had been used on a pit bull DM but it wasn't so once again I ask why not on Borjan

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    He retweeted it, sounds like you may be right!

milan borjan Retweeted
    Canucks Abroad@Canucks_Abroad 41m41 minutes ago
    Canucks Abroad Retweeted Teddy
    Teddy claims @mr_zombi to @torontofc is a done deal #TransferRumours
    Canucks Abroad added,
    Teddy @Toronto_Sports@RyleyBredenhof @Canucks_Abroad this is accurate as I first reported #tfc

Sounds like he likes to re-tweet to be a bit of a shit disturber. He should fit in well on this board, at any rate.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    1) Speed matters a bit more now than it did even a couple of years ago. Every team in the league has multiple burners. (Seba's brilliance masked how exposed we were repeatedly by speed, eg we could not handle Chicago's speed, Accam, in either game, just for instance). I really like going MLS vet defender at the back, as we have, but we do not have a MF that can track back quickly and help out. We actually have stepped backwards by moving Jackson out, who wouldn't do it, for someone who couldn't.

2) That RSL team, yes, they played the diamond, but they had Morales at the top. (RSL also had some speed, btw, ie Findley pre injury). Is Osorio as world class good as Morales was? if he isn't, Seba has to be the number 10, with Altidore and Gomez up top.

Johnson could help us be better/lethal up front, I get that, that's why people are excited. But I think in a 4-3-3 Oso sits, in a 4-4-2 Delgado has to play the wing a lot, to be a tracking winger lined up against other team's speed assets, and if we go diamond, Oso has to be world class or he will sit.

If the sum of this is that Seba got moved from striker, and Oso has to sit, just to make room for Johnson, Johnson had better get off to a fast start, or Bez/Vanney will hear about it fast.
    interesting post.

here is how I would look at it : Seba has to play in his best position, which is a slightly withdrawn striker on the left. To maximize his effectiveness, he needs a hold up player with him (we use Altidore in this role but Gomez and Moore would both do if the goal is to maximize Seba's effectiveness. But that's a digression). So we MUST play a 1-1 or a 2 up front.

that then dictates that we play a 4-1-3-2 , a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-4-2 (likely with a diamond where there is a "1" at the base") The question is, what will allow us to continue to be explosive offensively but stop being so vulnerable defensively in the midfield, particularly when Bradley makes his runs. Which comes down to, who is the "1"? Is that what they expect from Johnson?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I look at this the more I think we are going to have a really good 4-1-3-2 in 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not...2016?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause in 2017 Cheyrou will have retired. Great player but of all the pieces in this puzzle, he's the one that doesn't fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    interesting post.

here is how I would look at it : Seba has to play in his best position, which is a slightly withdrawn striker on the left. To maximize his effectiveness, he needs a hold up player with him (we use Altidore in this role but Gomez and Moore would both do if the goal is to maximize Seba's effectiveness. But that's a digression). So we MUST play a 1-1 or a 2 up front.

that then dictates that we play a 4-1-3-2 , a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-4-2 (likely with a diamond where there is a "1" at the base") The question is, what will allow us to continue to be explosive offensively but stop being so vulnerable defensively in the midfield, particularly when Bradley makes his runs. Which comes down to, who is the "1"? Is that what they expect from Johnson?
    4-3-1-2 is really a 4-3-3 variant. It's what I'd do.

Bigger question is how not to mess with Seba. It seems unavoidable.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cause in 2017 Cheyrou will have retired. Great player but of all the pieces in this puzzle, he's the one that doesn't fit.
    Cheyrou is no sure starter next year. We might play the diamond with Seba at the top, Bradley beside Oso, and Johnson behind them (instead of Cheyrou).

Gomez will be traded or used. What happened with him was nuts last year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I suspect we'll play a couple of different formations, with two recessed central midfielders, pivots with mostly defensive duty.

-----Johnson---Cheyrou----
    ----------Bradley

But also
    --------Johnson-----
    ----Bradley--Osorio

and also

-----Johnson-----
    Osorio----Cheyrou
    -----Bradley

We still need a DM. We should be platooning one, as they're all too similar in their weaknesses, and our midfield looks woefully slow to me.
    No way Johnson can play the top of the diamond, or a 10. I have seen one too many MNT game to buy that. He doesn't have the flair. He's a classic 6. Bradley should go there before he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree about that on WJ...if anything he replaces warner..i think warner is gone by jan.