Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think De Rossi is going anywhere lol look at the passion this guy has for Roma when Dzeko got the lead for them against Lazio.

http://www.pagineromaniste.com/video...-gol-di-dzeko/

Scroll a little down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Just remember he much younger than most in that Olympic team. I think he is still eligible for the next cycle as well.
    Not quite. For the 2016 Olympics, players must be born on or after January 1, 1993. So for 2020 it's on or after January 1, 1997. Boakai was the youngest player on the squad (by 14 months!), however he's born October 28, 1996 - about 9 weeks too early. Interestingly, he was also the youngest player on the U20 squad for the 2015 Concacaf U-20 championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Not quite. For the 2016 Olympics, players must be born on or after January 1, 1993. So for 2020 it's on or after January 1, 1997. Boakai was the youngest player on the squad (by 14 months!), however he's born October 28, 1996 - about 9 weeks too early. Interestingly, he was also the youngest player on the U20 squad for the 2015 Concacaf U-20 championship.
    Ah damn, I didn't look up the exact dates but figured he would be close. Either way IMO he was the best Canadian at PanAm games (outplayed a few of our academy guys who have MLS contracts) and is still very young. I don't see a downside for us in bringing the kid in (especially as i can't see him being on more than 80-100k).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if he would be interested at that price. Was thinking of bringing this up as a point of debate.

If a TFCA guy with no real professional track record can command 80-100 then I would think Bokai would have to be more than that. He has large upside potential and I'd be willing to be more than a few euro teams would offer him a deal.

I'll say somewhere between 110-130, maybe more depending on the length of the contract and team options.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which TFCA guys are getting 80-100K?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I dunno if he would be interested at that price. Was thinking of bringing this up as a point of debate.

If a TFCA guy with no real professional track record can command 80-100 then I would think Bokai would have to be more than that. He has large upside potential and I'd be willing to be more than a few euro teams would offer him a deal.

I'll say somewhere between 110-130, maybe more depending on the length of the contract and team options.
    I thought the whole reason he's being linked with us is that he was trying to find a club in Europe but wasn't getting any traction or getting good enough offers. So he's moving to MLS to gain more exposure before making the switch to Europe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which TFCA guys are getting 80-100K?
    Presumably Boakai would be first team, with loans to TFC II. I assume ag was referring to TFCA as anything that's not the first team.

Players in that category last year were Chapman - $88.5K, Bono - $80.2K, Aparicio - $60K, Morgan - $112K, Manella - $60K, Hamilton - $75.5K, Roberts - $60K,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono was GA so no cap hit. Home grown no cap hit in their initial contract? Still a little unclear on that. So probably Chapman, Aparicio, Manella and Hamilton aren't on the cap? Morgan for sure counts tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word has it that Justin Mapp might be on the chopping block shortly. Id take him in a heart beat. He's a beast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how old is he now?
    oft injured is my worry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    how old is he now?
    oft injured is my worry
    He is 31, making $210k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He is 31, making $210k.
    I'd still take him. Great winger, very dangerous. And Bokai, great potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210k is not awful for a starting RM. That was our weakest position in midfield (excluding DM just because we didn't really play with one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can replace Findley with Mapp and save a decent chunk of space thats a move you do all every day and twice on sundays.

It all depends on if you can move out some players as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to consider about Mapp...He becomes a free agent per the new CBA this offseason so is potentially in line for a raise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are free agents capped on the % amount of increase they can get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mapp can play on either side of the field, so even if his legs were gone he would be useful in a Bobby Convey type of way. Experience is useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Mapp can play on either side of the field, so even if his legs were gone he would be useful in a Bobby Convey type of way. Experience is useful.
    Bobby Convey omfg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Are free agents capped on the % amount of increase they can get?
    Yea, depending on their current salary they can only get a certain % raise. Though that can be reviewed under certain circumstances.

Good look at it here http://www.sounderatheart.com/2015/7...ents-2015-2016

Speaking of, this has just been released...

Free Agency

Players 28 years of age and older with eight years of MLS service who are out of contract, or have not had their option exercised, are eligible for Free Agency in 2015, allowing them the freedom to negotiate a new contract with any MLS club, including their previous club, subject to certain restrictions. A player has fulfilled a year of service if they were on a club’s roster prior to August 15 or played in at least one regular season or postseason game in the relevant year.

The list of eligible Free Agents will be released on Monday, Dec. 7. Starting at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Dec. 8, Free Agents may engage in negotiations with MLS clubs outside of their previous club.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 11-12-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even as limited as this new FA is, it could generate some interesting moves. Looking forward to seeing the list of eligible players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some interesting tidbits in Grant Wahls latest

Perhaps more likely, I’m also told there’s a pretty good chance MLS owners will change the rules and bring more TAM money into the system for next season—and potentially keep Gonzalez and everyone else in LA.
    Originally, teams were granted $500,000 in TAM to use over the course of five seasons. The Galaxy used all of it on Gonzalez so they could go ahead and acquire Giovani dos Santos and stay within the league's budget and roster rules.

The Seattle Sounders could be making some major changes in the offseason, and one of those may involve midfielder Osvaldo Alonso. I’m hearing Seattle is actively shopping Alonso for a trade around MLS. The Cuban émigré has been one of MLS’s best defensive midfielders in recent years, but he’s now 30 and has been injured during the last two postseasons. Alonso has two years left on a guaranteed contract that pays him nearly $800,000 a year, per the MLS Players Union.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015...rlington-nagbe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League planning to add more TAM money to keep the stars in LA, not really a surprise there. Would give us more extra cash to play with.

Seattle shopping Osvaldo Alonso is interesting. Unless we trade Altidore for him (or send Altidore elsewhere), we would need to buy down his 800k charge to remove his DP tag. We would have to buy him down to 436k, and given we know we have 500k in TAM money that would be possible for one season. If additional TAM is made available it could be possible for a couple seasons. It's a lot of money to blow pretty quickly but it would give us a top 3 DM.
    Last edited by notthesun; 11-12-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ozzie Alonso being shopped around by Seattle, as per Grant Wahl

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I was looking at Alonso and thinking it would be a good fit. BUT, not sure what the Green Plastics would want and his salary is not worth taking on.

If I was the rest of the league, I wouldn't bite yet as Seattle might have to buy him out. Then, he's worth Kantari's inflated wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rise in TAM was always on the cards, from one of the original reports...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The rise in TAM was always on the cards, from one of the original reports...

"Up for evaluation", aka "do the Galaxy still need to keep all 4 of their DPs".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify - those early reports about a Core player idea should be discounted. There is no Core player program, just TAM.

LAG used all its TAM + allocation to get Gonzalez below the maximum. His salary was over a million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just to clarify - those early reports about a Core player idea should be discounted. There is no Core player program, just TAM.

LAG used all its TAM + allocation to get Gonzalez below the maximum. His salary was over a million.
    Not really. It was reported as "core player" but the allocation money aspects and purpose of the new mechanism was all pretty spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Ozzie Alonso being shopped around by Seattle, as per Grant Wahl
    I want. But on the flip side... Why are they selling?

Maybe they feel they can get a similar impact from someone they've identified who wouldn't be a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want anyone over the age of 30 coming here, enough with this madness already.