Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What position is Alston? I always rated him, not highly but adequate for an MLS player
    I know hes a fullback but is he a right back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    What position is Alston? I always rated him, not highly but adequate for an MLS player
    I know hes a fullback but is he a right back
    He can play both, but is primarily a right back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 140k.....I'll definitely take Alston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick thoughts on those available so far:

Alston is probably the best fit of those available, but he's a pretty average RB. Not necessarily an upgrade on Bloom or Jackson. I'd look elsewhere if we want a real upgrade. Otherwise it could free up Jackson as trade bait if we go with a Alston/Bloom combo at RB.

Ashe is decent and we could sign him and then play Morrow at RB. But that is less than ideal as well. Pass.

All other outfield players are a pass as well IMO.

I don't think Tally Hall is the solution in goal. In terms of shot stopping, going by the expected goals model, Hall was below average this year and last year. Granted, the expected goals model has shown to be suspect in terms of repeatability with goalkeepers, but I'd be a little worried picking up a guy with two statistically below average seasons in a row. And on that note, I think we should stay the hell away from Dan Kennedy. You have to go back to 2011 for the last season he was above average in shot stopping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Question is: Is Tally Hall costs as much to sign as Bendik, is that an improvement in the position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alston WAS a fairly good fullback in the past (haven't seen him play recently). Easily better than Bloom / Jackson.

That said he's had serious health problems and injury concerns in the past. Not sure what we'd be getting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    for me then the focus is on balance. If we keep Altidore, Bradey and Gio, the first priority must be the "1" a true DM like Laba. Second is making sure we have strong two way full backs. And the midfielders come next, but wit Oso, Jackson, Delgado, Chapman we are starting decently there.
    Agreed with everything you said. My shopping list for this offseason is:

1) Destroyer DM. If we can only sign one player it has be this one. Spend as much TAM as it takes to get a young defensive mid who can shield the back line, freeing up Bradley to do his thing.

2) Right back. Bloom coming back will give us a solid option but if he gets injured we'll be stuck with Jackson there again.

3) Wide mid. We lack true wide options which limits our flexibility. We need a speedy winger who can put in a decent cross. No more Findley please.

4) Central defender. Perquis and Williams were forming a decent partnership but Perquis can't play 34 games. I'd add an experienced MLS defender to serve as depth. Buy out Kantari.

5) Goalie. Low priority because you can win in this league with an average goalkeeper. But if we can trade Bendik and have some money left over an upgrade over Konopka would be nice.

--------Giovinco-----Altidore--------
    ---------Gomez--------Moore---------

Osorio--------Bradley-------New RM
    Delgado-------Chapman-------Jackson

---------------New DM---------------
    ------------Warner/Cheyrou-----------

Morrow---Perquis---Williams---New RB
    Morgan----New CB----Zavaleta----Bloom

--------------Konopka---------------
    ---------------Bendik-----------------

Plus Babouli, Hamilton, Lovitz, Manella, Aparicio, Hagglund, Simonin, Roberts, Bono brings the roster to 32. I would trade Lovitz, Hagglund, and Bono (never made sense to draft him with Q already on the team) for allocation/draft picks. They're all young domestic players so we should find some takers around the league, plus Bono is GA. Assign Aparicio to TFC II for the whole year to bring the roster to 28. Done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tally Hall had an incredible season at Houston, going on TOTW a couple of times if I remember correctly, and have some massive saves.

Orlando defence is just as bad as TFC's, so they coulda had Buffon and Cesar holding hands in net, and looked bad.
    Last edited by Ivy; 11-25-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tally Hall is absolutely an upgrade on Bendik. I wouldn't judge him on his season in Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Tally Hall is absolutely an upgrade on Bendik. I wouldn't judge him on his season in Orlando.
    Hall seemed like a super smart pick up by Orlando last season but his injuries left them in a bind, not unlike with Frei in his final season with TFC. He's a number 2 GK now anyplace until he can prove otherwise. Frei showed he could come back, it may or may not be true for Hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Hall seemed like a super smart pick up by Orlando last season but his injuries left them in a bind, not unlike with Frei in his final season with TFC. He's a number 2 GK now anyplace until he can prove otherwise. Frei showed he could come back, it may or may not be true for Hall.
    I'd still take him on the same money as Bendik, but I suppose we should aim higher rather than for any more "experiments".

Anyone know the story on Jamie Penedo? I don't think he's signed anywhere since parting ways with LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. Totera@4totera 17m17 minutes ago
    Looks like another very talented player headed down south to play with Louisville city USL watched him closely many years MARK ANTHONY KAYE

I am scratching my head on this one. I had assumed he'd be the next in line, after Babouli, to get a HG with us. Hopefully it's just a loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportingkc.com/post/2015/...s-roster-moves

Not too much coming out of SKC. Jalil Anibaba will be in the re-entry draft (started 14 games at RB for SKC during the season, 150k salary). Otherwise they are negotiating with all other players out of contract... would love to get our hands on Mustivar but there's no way they let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Not too much coming out of SKC. Jalil Anibaba will be in the re-entry draft (started 14 games at RB for SKC during the season, 150k salary). Otherwise they are negotiating with all other players out of contract... would love to get our hands on Mustivar but there's no way they let him go.
    Sporting Kansas City announced on Wednesday that the following players will be out of contract with the club as of Dec. 31, 2015: Jon Kempin, Mikey Lopez, Soni Mustivar, Paulo Nagamura and Seth Sinovic. The club will extend offers to each of those players and contract negotiations are ongoing.

Jalil Anibaba’s 2016 contract option was declined. The 27-year-old defender is eligible to participate in Major League Soccer’s Re-Entry Draft. Stage One of the Re-Entry Draft is Dec. 11 with Stage Two set for Dec. 17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I'd still take him on the same money as Bendik, but I suppose we should aim higher rather than for any more "experiments".

Anyone know the story on Jamie Penedo? I don't think he's signed anywhere since parting ways with LA.
    I was thinking the same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a decent player. Surprised they let him go so easily. Maybe / maybe not a starter but I'd take him as a backup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour has it Penedo wants back in LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    we are focussed on the wrong thing. Findlay has weaknesses - he has lost a step - but also has some strengths. He isn't the problem though, the problem is that we MUST play with two up front for Gio to succeed and we MuST play Bradley in the middle of a midfield three so we must play 4-1-3-2 or3-1-5-2 and we don't have the "1" to play there - a Laba type, not a Cheyrou type (who is an excellent player but is really a back up to Bradley in a similar skilled role at this point in his career). It also means the LB And RB are really critical in the 4-2-3-1. For me, the best we had this year was Morgan and morrow, not Jackson and morrow, unless Jackson had Warner in front of him. With Delgado's defensive mistakes and Findlays attacking bent, Jackson was a defensive risk.
    In Italy, Seba often played in a 4-3-3. Vanney has to weigh what is best for Seba with what is best for the team. As a 2nd ST he'd probably get on the ball more but our mid can excel in a 4-3-3. Bradley can easily play as a LCM/RCM in a flat 3, he just needs a coach who can discipline him into doing so. If they go out and get their destroyer like everyone knows they should, then Bradley can play in front of Cheyrou and the new signing.

And I feel that Findley WAS a problem, a major problem. Some of it was Vanney's fault but the guy was just a black hole out there. I'd like to know what you feel his strengths to be because I struggle to find anything. If he wasn't finished as a footballer then he could have been their guy at RW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.instagram.com/p/-hlXFLDUcv/

Looks like we've picked up Bloom's option. I'd expect a release from the club on the roster situation pretty soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fingers crossed anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fingers crossed anyways
    should I know these people?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin Mapp just released by Montreal (end of Contract), we should ABSOLUTELY move on him, and then can have Brad and Cheyrou anchor. Mapp is a quality MLSer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Justin Mapp just released by Montreal (end of Contract), we should ABSOLUTELY move on him, and then can have Brad and Cheyrou anchor. Mapp is a quality MLSer
    Can't find anything on this so I'm guessing it's from the transactions page on the MLS website. They're jumping the gun a bit there with putting Mapp and Duka on it, as you can see they were added on Nov. 16 which is when Adam Braz commented on the fact they were out of contract. Montreal can still sign one or both of them to a new deal (as can other teams with some of their players listed there as well). Wait for the official roster announcement from Montreal which should be coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't find anything on this so I'm guessing it's from the transactions page on the MLS website. They're jumping the gun a bit there with putting Mapp and Duka on it, as you can see they were added on Nov. 16 which is when Adam Braz commented on the fact they were out of contract. Montreal can still sign one or both of them to a new deal (as can other teams with some of their players listed there as well). Wait for the official roster announcement from Montreal which should be coming soon.
    Mapp will qualify as a Free agent (28 & 8 years). Montreal will still have Dukas rights if they extend him a qualified offer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    should I know these people?
    not personally no.
    They are dudes that have decent enough insight/connections.
    Had an interesting conversation on twitter, thought id pass it on, feel free ot skip over it or block me if it offends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not personally no.
    Had an interesting conversation on twitter, thought id pass it on, feel free ot skip over it or block me if it offends.
    Saw this twitter convo as well... Totera seems to have confidence that Bez will address CDM & the defense.
    Let's hope so!

Also interesting, later in that conversation he mentions not to discount them bringing in another attacking option as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not personally no.
    I was slighlty offenced, i got counseling for it tough, im good now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch Penedo off the GK list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I was slighlty offenced, i got counseling for it tough, im good now
    Glad to hear you made it through that dark troubling part of your life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Saw this twitter convo as well... Totera seems to have confidence that Bez will address CDM & the defense.
    Let's hope so!

Also interesting, later in that conversation he mentions not to discount them bringing in another attacking option as well.
    yeah, could be Boakai