Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

We will see what we've sent back the other way, but this is an excellent move.
    Solid pick up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good pick up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exce-fu**ing-llent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow and Beitashour were the starting fullback pair for San Jose in 2012 and 2013. A good locker room move. Declining Jackson also makes a lot more sense now, we had a hole at RB. Bez seems to have his ducks in a row so far.

Given Vancouver is trading Beitashour because they were not able to re-sign him to a more cap-friendly deal and they would have lost him for nothing to the re-entry draft, I'm guessing we probably just sent back some Garber bucks.

Shout out to San Jose for an incredibly TFC-like decision letting both of these guys walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did TFC resign Bloom for a raise (injuries aside) if he was never really in their plans?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow and Beitashour were the starting fullback pair for San Jose in 2012 and 2013. A good locker room move. Declining Jackson also makes a lot more sense now, we had a hole at RB. Bez seems to have his ducks in a row so far.

Given Vancouver is trading Beitashour because they were not able to re-sign him to a more cap-friendly deal and they would have lost him for nothing to the re-entry draft, I'm guessing we probably just sent back some Garber bucks.

Shout out to San Jose for an incredibly TFC-like decision letting both of these guys walk.
    lmao that last sentence made me laugh. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour maybe has a couple years left at mls level, and is always injured. TFC is just getting the last 500km out of him in his playing days. i think he is only 30 but he plays like he is 35. He is smart, but its whether he can stay on the pitch. Vancouver finally replaced him with a more athletic RB out of latin america, and became more of a depth player thus they couldn't justify starters money with the cap.
    Last edited by Qman; 12-10-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Beitashour maybe has a year or 2 left, and is always injured. TFC is just getting the last 300km out of him in his playing days. He is smart, but its whether he can stay on the pitch. Vancouver finally replaced him with a more athletic RB out of latin america, and became more of a depth player. They are doing the same on the other side, so Harvey might be available too.
    What? He's 28. He's started 27 games each of the last three years and started both games in the playoffs against Portland. Don't let facts get in the way, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour maybe has a year or 2 left, and is always injured. TFC is just getting the last 300km out of him in his playing days. He is smart, but its whether he can stay on the pitch. Vancouver finally replaced him with a more athletic RB out of latin america, and became more of a depth player. They are doing the same on the other side, so Harvey might be available too.
    He's 28 and played 33, 27, & 29 league matches over the past 3 seasons. How is that always injured and how does he only have a year or two left?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will see what we've sent back the other way, but this is an excellent move.
    Agreed, solid pickup.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Why did TFC resign Bloom for a raise (injuries aside) if he was never really in their plans?
    This off-season? His option was extended. That's either the same as he made last year (97k) or a very slight increase. Very cap-friendly contract.

He is in the plans. We're now 2 fullbacks deep on both flanks. We got rid of Jackson because he cost an extra 100k more than Bloom and Bloom is probably just as good of a RB, if not better. He will be first choice off the bench when Beitashour is unavailable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's cheap and he's a depth domestic player. If he comes back healthy he can provide real competition for the RB job. if he doesn't then we haave other guys who can fill in as a back-up rb. Not the worst thing in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He's 28 and played 33, 27, & 29 league matches over the past 3 seasons. How is that always injured and how does he only have a year or two left?
    he has had sports hernia, then hips and hamstring. He is always playing with injuries/through injuries. finally the caps say enough is enough. i couldn't believe he is 28 (had to check multiple sources), he looks and plays 35 out there.
    Look he is a servicable RB, yes. But don't get too excited ... you will be doing the same complaining about the back 4 as last year. There is a reason TFC got him for probably nothing.
    Last edited by Qman; 12-10-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour is a guy I've always paid attention to, he is a good addition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... you will be doing the same complaining about the back 4 as last year.
    Of course I will. We still have the same manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason TFC got him for probably nothing.
    We probably got him for nothing because the Whitecaps have more pressing needs cap wise, Not because of his lack of functionality or talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    We probably got him for nothing because the Whitecaps have more pressing needs cap wise, Not because of his lack of functionality or talent.
    your right 220k on a backup is hard in the mls world.
    But in reality they want more athlete-types at the back. Rumour is they have another latin american RB lined up and will use two international roster spots there.

Look i'm not saying its a bad trade ... i'm saying he is damaged goods so please manage expectations
    Last edited by Qman; 12-10-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your right 220k on a backup is hard in the mls world.
    But in reality they want more athlete-types at the back. Rumour is they have another latin american RB lined up and will use two international roster spots there.

Look i'm not saying its a bad trade ... i'm saying he is damaged goods so please manage expectations
    just out of curiosity, where are you getting this from?
    Because everybody out of Vancouver is not happy about losing him.

You seem to just be doubtful of anything and everything TFC does, rather than the actual player in question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Beitashour part of the future considerations for Laba? Or did we cash that one in already earlier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason TFC got him for probably nothing.
    Yes, there is; VWFC were going tO lose him in the re-entry draft on Friday anyway. Again, don't let facts get in the way, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can live with that.

Seeing a ton of comments from disappointed Whitecaps fans... always a good sign.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-10-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver Province is reporting Will Johnson is heading east. Chicago and TFC mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/12...ed-to-toronto/

Confirmation from Vancouver beat guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck yes Beitashour

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news!

Does anyone know the salaries of players such as: Roy Miller, Kevin Alston, Chris Schuler, Hassoun Camara, Bakary Soumare ?

Just trying to see who we might be looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Great news!

Does anyone know the salaries of players such as: Roy Miller, Kevin Alston, Chris Schuler, Hassoun Camara, Bakary Soumare ?

Just trying to see who we might be looking at.
    Latest salaries are here: https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Se...0By%20Club.pdf

Alston will be off the list now that we have Beitashour. Also Camara re-signed with Montreal today so he won't be in the draft.

If we pick up a guy like Larentowicz or Schuler tomorrow we know we aren't getting Moor. I'm hoping we go for Mapp though. Might have to move up in the draft to get him.

edit: Jeez, getting myself mixed up here. Mapp, Larentowicz and Moor are all free agents. With RB covered I think our only real targets in the re-entry draft are Schuler and Tally Hall. If we pick Schuler, we know Moor and probably Larentowicz are off the table. I'd rather we stay away from Hall until round 2, he makes a bit too much to be picked in the first round (and thus be guaranteed his current salary). Good chance he does make it to round 2 as well with only the Galaxy being another team in the market for a goalkeeper.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-10-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camara resigned with MTL.

Give me Drew Moor tomorrow please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used as depth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fuck yes Beitashour
    If they get a quality CB and this was all the funds they could justify on a RB, this is a good move.

I watch about 10 Vancouver games a year. He's good, he stays in position and he can move the ball around. He won't make you, and he won't break you. That is a good thing. He's better then Bloom and Jackson, and that's not really even something I have to personally give much thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are the Whitecaps walking away from him?

Is this TFC's first Asian international ever?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”