Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the spot of Gomez needs to be for one of our younger academy players.

I don't think he has anything left in the tank, the use of him last year was minimal which was stupid, you think he didn't regress even more by sitting on the bench?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think the spot of Gomez needs to be for one of our younger academy players.

I don't think he has anything left in the tank, the use of him last year was minimal which was stupid, you think he didn't regress even more by sitting on the bench?
    Past Altidore and Giovinco our forwards are either shit relative to their cap hit or just shit tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore is semi decent when fit but I think we should give Mo Babouli a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Past Altidore and Giovinco our forwards are either shit relative to their cap hit or just shit tbh
    how many teams have a really good third striker in this league? Luke moore is above average for his role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that Moore is probably gone, it seems like Gomez is our new scapegoat? Pretty harsh consider how he scored one of the most important goal in the history of the club. I think he still have something to offer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't really seen Gomez play that much.

BUT, suggesting we put a kid in instead of him for most of June? Uh, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My thought as well

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't really seen Gomez play that much.

I suggest we need someone like Gomez, AND someone like Mo. At least. You never know how things go. Maybe Babouli plays great, shows confidence, and can replace Altidore when he's away. Maybe Babouli fades under pressure, then you don't want to be too dependent on him, and instead let Gomez jump in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we play a 4-3-3, there will be plenty of chances for both of them. Gomez would be the second choice CF behind Altidore, and Mo will be able to get time on the wing as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If we play a 4-3-3, there will be plenty of chances for both of them. Gomez would be the second choice CF behind Altidore, and Mo will be able to get time on the wing as well.
    That would work but I still see us in a 4-4-2 Diamond rather than a 4-3-3. We all know that June is going to be a very difficult month but I think we can cope. If Mo can continue the path he is on he will be a great threat up front with his speed. If you combine that with Gomez's veteran presence and knowledge it could work out very well when Jozy and possibly Seba are gone. Best case scenario, Seba doesn't get the call and we just have to fill Jozy's spot in June. Now that I type this I am very curious to see a formation where Mo and Seba can attack from the wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    That would work but I still see us in a 4-4-2 Diamond rather than a 4-3-3.
    I've seen us play nothing but a 4-3-3 so far in preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a hybrid 4-4-2/4-3-3 similar to Real Madrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The midfield worries me. Not the personnel, but getting them work in a complementary manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    The midfield worries me. Not the personnel, but getting them work in a complementary manner.
    Absolutely agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chemistry will always take time no matter who you get. But in terms of skills and abilities, Johnson and Bradley are the perfect complement to Cheyrou in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    In what way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    In what way?
    Mainly worried they are three guys who like to get their chances on goal. That's good, but if they all do it at the same time it's going open a lot of space and possibly pull the back line too far up field. I don't think will happen intentionally but can see it drifting that way during the course of play. Finding the active balance of who stays at home and who moves ahead will take some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Chemistry will always take time no matter who you get. But in terms of skills and abilities, Johnson and Bradley are the perfect complement to Cheyrou in midfield.
    I'm not saying that Cheyrou has to restrict himself to a DM role but hopefully all three of them get to the point where coverage is automatically rotated no matter who is attacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Herc is involved with the MLS media team in some capacity I believe... he was on their panel for MLS playoffs and also did some non-TFC related PR stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a MLS decision to have him in there with Seba and not TFC's.
    he was wearing a robe, not TFC gear

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    he was wearing a robe, not TFC gear
    And they were playing FIFA with Messi playing for TFC.

OH MY GAWD

HE'S COMING TO TFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point is the team is doing publicity with him. He's staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I suggest we need someone like Gomez, AND someone like Mo. At least. You never know how things go. Maybe Babouli plays great, shows confidence, and can replace Altidore when he's away. Maybe Babouli fades under pressure, then you don't want to be too dependent on him, and instead let Gomez jump in.
    Agreed, give them a shot. It's not exactly a high risk gig. Basically we drip feed them minutes late in games as necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't say that the gullible one's will belive you ,lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point is the team is doing publicity with him. He's staying.
    Correction: MLS is using him for publicity, not TFC. The advertisement is used/ consumed quite quickly, hardly a huge sticking point. And really, is the important thing that Gomez plays for TFC or that he's got a profile where US soccer fans recognize him and he hits a certain target market?

Here are some other examples of far more persistent advertisements gone wrong vs. What we've seen here. So really, is this actually a sign he couldn't be traded?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/19/f...-sports-cover/

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...ut-after-trade

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to prove myself wrong, there's a rumour today of Harry Shipp being traded to Montreal. http://www.chicago-fire.com/2016KitLaunch

I still don't think Gomez is going anywhere. Even if he doesn't play the right in our now even more likely 4-3-3, he's the Jozy replacement - first forward off the bench. No way they give that role to Baboulli or Hamilton.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-13-2016 at 10:31 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Shipp would have been great at AM for TFC.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Harry Shipp would have been great at AM for TFC.
    Michael Bradley is Toronto FC's attacking midfielder. Similar to what he is for the U.S. national team.

My Twitter: KurtLarSUN

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Michael Bradley is Toronto FC's attacking midfielder. Similar to what he is for the U.S. national team.

My Twitter: KurtLarSUN
    and I think Bradley is not his best at AM
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shipp would do OK as an AM where he is protected from behind - an effective Bekker, so to speak. The Fire don't seem interested in putting him in that role. Montreal might. No way we would as Osorio is, IMHO, a better player going both ways, and I think a better passer and, as Larson said, Bradley ain't gonna let somebody else do that role.

What this move does for the Impact though is give them more link up play attacking options for whomever their forwards are going to be. What it does for the Fire is give them more Garber bucks to find that Big name player they still covet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shipp would do OK as an AM where he is protected from behind - an effective Bekker, so to speak. The Fire don't seem interested in putting him in that role. Montreal might. No way we would as Osorio is, IMHO, a better player going both ways, and I think a better passer and, as Larson said, Bradley ain't gonna let somebody else do that role.

What this move does for the Impact though is give them more link up play attacking options for whomever their forwards are going to be. What it does for the Fire is give them more Garber bucks to find that Big name player they still covet.
    It allows Montreal to shift Piatti to his preferred position at LW and that's really scary. With Piatti and Shipp in midfield, IMFC have more creative midfield to feed Drogba the ball. Certainly more than collection of box to box CMs TFC has stocked up on.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    and I think Bradley is not his best at AM
    He can't play any other role because his attacking instincts cause too many gaps and therefore goals off the counter. I try to think of him as a sort of withdrawn attacking midfielder, and with a good DCM behind him he can be incredibly effective. "WAM". A 10- or an 8+. Besides, "WAM" suits his style of play...