Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Not MLS quality players. If those are our backups, we are in big trouble.
    You mentioned this once before but the only team source I can see suggesting they're washed up is a rumor of something said by someone from the team at a pub crawl. Perhaps it would b e best to actually see them before as backups (since it IS a limited role) rather than writing them off.

MLS is full of players who were written off at one point. The talent judgment isn't that hot. I saw Babouli play at the USL level and he sure looked MLS-capable as a backup to me. Not sure about Hamilton, but as a backup? Justin Braun scored seven goals in a season in this league, I think either of them would probably do fine.

Whether they have a longer future is a different issue, but we'll never know until they play at MLS speed a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    You mentioned this once before but the only team source I can see suggesting they're washed up is a rumor of something said by someone from the team at a pub crawl. Perhaps it would b e best to actually see them before as backups (since it IS a limited role) rather than writing them off.

MLS is full of players who were written off at one point. The talent judgment isn't that hot. I saw Babouli play at the USL level and he sure looked MLS-capable as a backup to me. Not sure about Hamilton, but as a backup? Justin Braun scored seven goals in a season in this league, I think either of them would probably do fine.

Whether they have a longer future is a different issue, but we'll never know until they play at MLS speed a bit.
    I will answer my own point with a piece of news from today:

RSL sign Welshman

Real Salt Lake have signed forward Emery Welshman from their USL club, Real Monarchs SLC, the club announced Friday.
    Welshman is the first player to sign with RSL from the Monarchs. Per league and club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    "We view the Monarchs as an in-house development system and take great pride in announcing Emery as the first player to move through our system and into the first team," Real Salt Lake general manager Craig Waibel said in a team release.
    Welshman, the 16th-overall pick of Toronto FC in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft, was a standout with the Monarchs in 2015, scoring six goals in 19 appearances to finish second on the team. He also added two assists.
    In addition to his success with the Monarchs, Welshman also made his international debut in 2015, playing five matches and netting three goals for Guyana, including two goals in a World Cup Qualifying match against St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
    RELATED: Real Salt Lake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will answer my own point with a piece of news from today:

RSL sign Welshman

Real Salt Lake have signed forward Emery Welshman from their USL club, Real Monarchs SLC, the club announced Friday.
    Welshman is the first player to sign with RSL from the Monarchs. Per league and club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    "We view the Monarchs as an in-house development system and take great pride in announcing Emery as the first player to move through our system and into the first team," Real Salt Lake general manager Craig Waibel said in a team release.
    Welshman, the 16th-overall pick of Toronto FC in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft, was a standout with the Monarchs in 2015, scoring six goals in 19 appearances to finish second on the team. He also added two assists.
    In addition to his success with the Monarchs, Welshman also made his international debut in 2015, playing five matches and netting three goals for Guyana, including two goals in a World Cup Qualifying match against St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
    RELATED: Real Salt Lake
    Have you seen his highlights? Looks really good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.rsl.com/post/2016/01/22/e...man-highlights

Good for him. Looks like he's been hitting the gym too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I remember being pretty stoked about the Bekker and Welshman picks and thought they were going to be our TFC Canadian boys for the future. Hope the best for the dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive! Good for him, hope he does well.

Playing for Guyana now? Damnit, can't blame him though ...
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-23-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Impressive! Good for him, hope he does well.

Playing for Guyana now? Damnit, can't blame him though ...
    Also in the former TFC players who were cast off news... Boss and Nana team up to shut out Corinthians. I still think Nana Attakora is criminally underrated.

http://www.strikers.com/news/2016/01/23/strikers-hold-brazilian-champion-corinthians-to-scoreless-tie

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also in the former TFC players who were cast off news... Boss and Nana team up to shut out Corinthians. I still think Nana Attakora is criminally underrated.

http://www.strikers.com/news/2016/01/23/strikers-hold-brazilian-champion-corinthians-to-scoreless-tie

Julius James is also with the strikers

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not MLS quality players. If those are our backups, we are in big trouble.
    never know if we don't play them...look at Dallas with 4 HGP in their starting XI that won the supporters shield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Julius James is also with the strikers
    James is currently on trial with them. But in addition to Attakora, they also have two more former TFC players: Maicon Santos and Gale Agbossoumonde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was not a pub crawl, and I stand by my statement. Neither will have any impact on the upcoming season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Hamilton was worth a look at, he would have been on the bench for more then the Voyageur's games.

I'm all for playing youth but they have to earn getting there. Delgado did last season, as did Simonin, Zaveletta and Champman for their limited minutes. If we can add 2 or 3 other young bodies into the mix through the course of the season, great. But, they have to earn getting there and nobody but the coaching staff can really make that call as they are the ones that see them during practice.

Edit: Hamilton made the trip to Seattle and played for 10 minutes.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-24-2016 at 10:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Have you seen his highlights? Looks really good
    Nelsen didn't rate him. He's played well at USL. They'll see if he can make the jump to getting actual minutes in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nelsen didn't rate him. He's played well at USL. They'll see if he can make the jump to getting actual minutes in MLS.
    They signed him to an MLS deal based on his first year in USL and then his ego kicked in, is what it looked like. Still looks like a natural goal scorer to me, but maybe the concern was that he just won't work hard enough at the next level to beat stronger MLS defenders.

And there are numerous and sundry MLS players on pretty much every team worse than Mo Babouli. Again, maybe it's attitude, because it's sure not technical ability. Maybe he's like Avila or Saad, and can't make the leap from using his technique personally to working with a unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither will have any impact on the upcoming season.
    Which has nothing to do with whether they should get a chance. Successive coaches and youth team managers at this club have made calls that cost us Welshman, Aaron Maund (now a rotation starter Salt Lake), Lucas Cavallini, Joao Plata, Michael Petrasso... I trust their judgment on some of these players like I trust their ability to hire... well, almost everyone they've hired up until Seba, really.

Jordan Hamilton has the ability to play at the next level. So does Mo. There is always the mentality question and the factor of playing intelligence, which is why we have athletic freaks like Warren Creavalle and Julius James who, nonetheless, can't start at this level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmmmm.........somebody is not there today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmmmmmm.........somebody is not there today.

well that was coming.

New striker in then. who's it gonna be?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at all the interest in TFC from a media perspective, guess we can expect a lot coverage this year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Look at all the interest in TFC from a media perspective, guess we can expect a lot coverage this year.

Who is the guy in the snappy Winter era suit? Looks like a player....
    announcement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is greg vanney operating the camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    why is greg vanney operating the camera
    We already know that fashion is one of his hobby's. Wouldn't put it past him to be really into film-making.

He's a man of many interests.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 01-25-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious to see if we replace Moore with a veteran or bring Babouli up... I would suspect the former.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect there will be video tonight but Vanney is holding forth. Apparently Bez might be too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So there is no cap space to doing anything, I guess outside of using TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet they use TAM on their highest salaried non-DP player to become cap compliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries...they can use 6 CBs...when seba,jozy and bradley are gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This TFC situation reminds me of "Fire Meeting Gasoline" some thing gotta give to get this roster in shape for the season. I hope this cap issue does not cost them a good player.