Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2915
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Pappa to Colorado is a great pickup, they needed offense and he's great at creating chances, wish we would have taken a shot at him.
    Too much off field drama. Soolsma 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They are flying to Valencia.

Training with Elche
    That's what I meant by off to, sorry

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announced on 590 that we have Drew More .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports Kennedy to LAG. Armen's dream off season just got dented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistically Kennedy has been the worst GK in the league over the last 4 years by some distance. GK stats are sketchy but picking up a guy with 4 straight below average to awful seasons statistically would worry me. Not upset about losing him, we can pick up Tally Hall in the re-entry draft or bring in someone from outside the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to think that sweet sweet TAM money will be used on a GK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Moor and Beitashour our back line is looking really solid. Add in a goalie and a d-mid to the top 3 offense we had last year (in terms of goals scored), and I think we have a chance to be really good.

Too many games last year we went down a goal early and spent the rest of the game chasing. If we can cut back on that and give Giovinco the opportunities he needs we should be much improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Statistically Kennedy has been the worst GK in the league over the last 4 years by some distance. GK stats are sketchy but picking up a guy with 4 straight below average to awful seasons statistically would worry me. Not upset about losing him, we can pick up Tally Hall in the re-entry draft or bring in someone from outside the league.
    Again, Tally Hall just blew out his knee for the second time in three seasons. He's not going to be our starter. And Kennedy was one of the best goalies in the league two seasons ago, which is why Dallas signed him. He then lost the job.

EDIT: just checked, and kennedy was in the top eight in saves and shutouts for two straight seasons (2013/2014) before moving to Dallas. So, he certainly hasn't been the worst in the league by some distance. Not even close. Is he a first choice here? I don't think he's the best we can do. But he's been ahead of Bendik in every statistical category over that time.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/seaso...ld_filter_form

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    I want to add one more winger so we can play him and Osorio as wingers. My post was about what kind of personnel we still need to attain, I would never in my life want to play with just 1 winger lol
    Except that would mean playing with only one winger. My point is that Oso is in no way a winger. CM through and through. Having he (or anyone else besides maybe Lovitz) and a true winger on opposite flanks throws the whole balance off. If they want to play with wingers regularly then they'll need at least two, a third for consistency. Don't see that happening.

As I said before, Seba can move out wide which would normally work well but in TFC's case I think you need him on the ball as much as possible as a support striker. A change of formation could work to throw opposing defences off later in games, in which case they could do with an attacking winger a (or versatile forward - Findley but actually useful) but not as a primary option.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-12-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to sign a GK and DM.

Need to cut Kantari to free up cap space, too.

im still worried that we're going to be tactically inflexible with no real wingers on the roster again this year (Osorio and Delgado are slow CMs who do not possess the speed or 1v1 skills to be wingers)
    Last edited by Soccerpro; 12-12-2015 at 09:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rimando or somebody from Europe.

Here's a far fetched idea. How much TAM would it take to get Howard? Cause that's the level we should be looking at. Older on a mid table team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Again, Tally Hall just blew out his knee for the second time in three seasons. He's not going to be our starter. And Kennedy was one of the best goalies in the league two seasons ago, which is why Dallas signed him. He then lost the job.

EDIT: just checked, and kennedy was in the top eight in saves and shutouts for two straight seasons (2013/2014) before moving to Dallas. So, he certainly hasn't been the worst in the league by some distance. Not even close. Is he a first choice here? I don't think he's the best we can do. But he's been ahead of Bendik in every statistical category over that time.
    I was referring to the expected goals model. Here's this year's stats (as of Sep. 28): http://www.americansocceranalysis.co...r-xgoals-2015/. If you follow that link and hover over xGoals 3.0 Historical at the top you can find the stats dating back to 2011.

Kennedy's numbers have been worse than average dating back to 2012. He allowed 2.03 more goals this year than you'd expect a perfectly average keeper to allow, 11.48 more in 2014, 4.78 more in 2013, and 2.77 more in 2012. In 2011 he was statistically the best in the league, saving 6.81 more goals than you'd expect.

As I said goalkeeping statistics are sketchy, and the expected goals model has shown to be far less repeatable for goalkeepers, hence less reliable, than it is for outfield players. So if this was a one-season blip for Kennedy, I wouldn't care. 4 straight seasons below average though is a worry IMO.

I wasn't aware or maybe just forgot about Hall's injury problems though, so good call on that.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-12-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rimando or somebody from Europe.

Here's a far fetched idea. How much TAM would it take to get Howard? Cause that's the level we should be looking at. Older on a mid table team.
    At this point he might retire with Everton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAM wont get Howard. He's on around $3m a year with Everton with a contract until 2018, he aint giving up that money to come to MLS on a paycut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kennedy to LA to be announced on Monday according to this http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer...213-story.html

Its star-studded roster includes former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, Mexican national team star Giovani dos Santos and Irish captain Robbie Keane, the league MVP in 2014. That's a list the Galaxy will add to Monday, when the team announces its long-anticipated trade for FC Dallas goalkeeper Dan Kennedy is complete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see us using TAM on a DM and keeper

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I can see us using TAM on a DM and keeper
    But since TAM only pays down to the maximum cap hit, I can't see TFC having enough salary room to have 2 expensive players. They are going to have to get value for money instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    But since TAM only pays down to the maximum cap hit, I can't see TFC having enough salary room to have 2 expensive players. They are going to have to get value for money instead.
    TAM can pay down to a 150k cap hit I believe. Somoene correct me if i'm wrong but I'm fairly sure that's the rule.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    TAM can pay down to a 150k cap hit I believe. Somoene correct me if i'm wrong but I'm fairly sure that's the rule.
    correct.
    http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/insi...-primer-121115
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So if this was a one-season blip for Kennedy, I wouldn't care. 4 straight seasons below average though is a worry IMO.

I wasn't aware or maybe just forgot about Hall's injury problems though, so good call on that.
    He was at Chivas USA. Those seasons would have been a lot worse without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He was at Chivas USA. Those seasons would have been a lot worse without him.
    The model would, in theory, correct for that. You can read the full explanation here but to put it simply, it accounts for distance, angle, height, keeper positioning and keeper movement on each shot. So 2 foot tap-ins and other high quality scoring chances like that, where a goalkeeper would have basically no chance of making a save, would barely hurt their numbers under the model.

There also doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern in terms of goalkeepers posting poor xG stats and their teams having bad defenses. This year Bendik and Clark were at the bottom, both of whom were behind worse-than-averages defenses, but just above them are Robles and Kwarasey (Kwarasey in particular having a very good defense in front of him). 2014 has a lot of keepers that seemed to be hurt by their defense, but then in 2013 you have Cudicini at the bottom despite LA's league-best defense, or Hamid near the top despite D.C.'s 2nd-worst defense. So I don't know how much correlation there is between team performance and these stats.

Anyways it's a bit moot now. I'll be curious to see how Kennedy does next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG's issues are never their defence - its always working the parts of the offence into a cohesive whole.

We usually have some semblance of a midfield but have never really had a defence we could trust with a lead, even with Preki and Nelsen.

Get these 2 guys in, get a decent keeper and we are 80% there - I still think we need a true DM to back up Cheyrou but it seems the brain trust has other ideas or are bringing somebody up from TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco' brother is training with TFC? Is this true ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...ther_has_been/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read back a couple pages. It was reported a week or so ago.

I suspect TFC will sign him just to keep Seba happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I see us actually buying two players in January and then paying off their transfer fees via TAM, thus leaving only their salaries

Remember when we bought Laba for 1.5m the thing that made him a DP was the transfer fee, his salary wasnt actually DP level, imagine that situation again except the transfer fee is extinguished through TAM

We essentially have 2.1m to spend
    Last edited by portu; 12-13-2015 at 04:19 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba's brothere was training with us back in the spring too. Nothing came of it. Training with somebody basically means he's around the facility for a bit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Good to know. That makes it a more realistic possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaston Gil Romero - DM - Estudiantes
    22 years old, 5' 10"

http://youtu.be/OkVDRXoO2Jg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

River Plate are signing him apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before he goes to Europe. Romero is too good for us.