Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2915
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Really? I thought the average salary was 450k USD
    That sounds right. Moore would be a punt though, he has done nothing to warrant getting close to the average.

Bradley Orr was a name not so different than Luke Moore, ex he was older of course. He came here for 75K.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Yeah, we need to avoid repeating the same old mistakes of signing high priced bench warmers. I agree with the sentiment of giving the reserve spots to talented young players that are hungry.
    Finding guys like Delgado are what we should be trying to do with our bench. Maybe not good enough yet to start every match but if they step in for a short spell they offer a different look and the first team doesn't lose much of anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That sounds right. Moore would be a punt though, he has done nothing to warrant getting close to the average.

Bradley Orr was a name not so different than Luke Moore, ex he was older of course. He came here for 75K.
    I'm pretty sure Blackburn was eating most of Orr's salary and Orr was with TFC on loan
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even close, dude. In England, Luke Moore is a name; he spent most of his career in the Prem and as a target/holdup guy (he lost the second gear that made him a teen phenom) he was pretty respected as a journeyman contributor. But that's a premiership journeyman, and it's obvious to me from watching him that if he ever put in any effort over here he could've been a lot more effective.

Lots of teams in the championship would be interested, I imagine. He can score at that level, he's experienced, and he does the intangibles well with respect to recognizing movement and drawing other players into the play. To compare him and his career to Bradley Orr is well wide of the mark. Orr made eight appearances in the premiership, total, in his career.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-30-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I can imagine half the teams in the Championship would take a cheap punt on Moore. After watching Leeds-Derby earlier in the week and I can safely say he's better than Darren Bent for one quarter the salary. Man what a decline that guy has had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not even close, dude. In England, Luke Moore is a name; he spent most of his career in the Prem and as a target/holdup guy (he lost the second gear that made him a teen phenom) he was pretty respected as a journeyman contributor. But that's a premiership journeyman, and it's obvious to me from watching him that if he ever put in any effort over here he could've been a lot more effective.

Lots of teams in the championship would be interested, I imagine. He can score at that level, he's experienced, and he does the intangibles well with respect to recognizing movement and drawing other players into the play. To compare him and his career to Bradley Orr is well wide of the mark. Orr made eight appearances in the premiership, total, in his career.
    Dude, no way!

If you were right, he wouldn't have come to the worst situation in pro sports (Chivas) on a free, and nothing has changed since he's got over here, except that he's two years older.

My guess is TFC has to eat some dough to make this work. Probably worth it to do so.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, no way!

If you were right, he wouldn't have come to the worst situation in pro sports (Chivas) on a free, and nothing has changed since he's got over here, except that he's two years older.

My guess is TFC has to eat some dough to make this work. Probably worth it to do so.
    Ensco, you might be a bit off with the mark with this one dude, however you're right about the CHIVAS USA Part.....After our first season with Luke, there was an offer from Blackpool? (Blackburn, some B team if i remember), for like 2mill...i wouldn't be surprised if we were able to shift him to a prem candidate like Birmingham.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, no way!

TBF he might have been looking for a paycheck because he left his Turkish club when he didn't get paid and Chivas USA happened to offer him something.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    TBF he might have been looking for a paycheck because he left his Turkish club when he didn't get paid and Chivas USA happened to offer him something.
    Pretty sure that was the case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    He made millions at Villa and has stated before that he'd already "made his money" before he came to MLS, and that playing in America was the only reason he was coming over. He's a former England U21 who was a starting striker at Villa for three years, another year at West Brom, truncated time at Swansea. He has way more premiership experience and more than thirty goals as basically a target man on weak teams.

Bradley Orr played seven premiership games and then went on permaloan to the championship and second division, where he also couldn't stick. Moore may have flamed out somewhat from his early days due to chronic injuries, but it's not even a comparison.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-30-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Ensco, you might be a bit off with the mark with this one dude, however you're right about the CHIVAS USA Part.....After our first season with Luke, there was an offer from Blackpool? (Blackburn, some B team if i remember), for like 2mill...i wouldn't be surprised if we were able to shift him to a prem candidate like Birmingham.
    Burnley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is TFC has to eat some dough to make this work.
    Why would you think that?

Average wage in the Champ is half a million sterling a year. Take his MLSPU number at current exchange rates and he's on about 150k sterling. Any mid table championship club that really wanted him could absolutely afford to double his salary and pay a token transfer fee.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair to Moore this team doesn't set up for a #9 type striker with wingers who cross the ball in. Doesn't seem to be in Vanney's vision to have fast winger who stretch the field. Moore- has the reputation for someone in the the UK to take a chance on bringing him back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I have no idea. I am not really comparing him to Orr. I just don't rate Moore and don't see why anyone would. Coming over to Chivas was not something a guy who thought he would have options would do. He self selected out and he's done nothing here, he's not remotely close to Dichio, my yardstick for a veteran Championship striker in MLS. But I know nothing about the Championship.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-30-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can believe he would find an opportunity over there. Given the difference in pay I can also buy we wouldn't have to eat salary.

Tend to believe he has enough background to take a flyer on and be a low risk move. The other stuff sounds like BS. If any MLS team got a significant offer for him they would ring the register. Nothing about that guy should make anyone believe he's motivated or that his career is on the incline.

It's set up to be a low risk scenario where a team loses nothing if he doesn't work out but gains a lot of he does.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who were talking about Jeff Larentowicz, he's going to sign with LAG. Not that I wanted him or that after Moor was signed were we going to get him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I have no idea. I am not really comparing him to Orr. I just don't rate Moore and don't see why anyone would. Coming over to Chivas was not something a guy who thought he would have options would do. He self selected out and he's done nothing here, he's not remotely close to Dichio, my yardstick for a veteran Championship striker in MLS. But I know nothing about the Championship.
    He's not a veteran Championship striker. He's a veteran premiership striker. He spent all but three years of his career before coming to NA in the top flight. EDIT: Just to clarify, I think he's one of many players whose attitude or intelligence seems to have contributed to them never fulfilling their potential. His scoring record in England was woeful. But his playing record there still has more cachet than you think when it comes to shedding sal..... er, transferring him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For those who were talking about Jeff Larentowicz, he's going to sign with LAG. Not that I wanted him or that after Moor was signed were we going to get him.
    Jeff Larentowitcz and Ashley Cole; LA fans aren't exactly enthusiastic about the increasingly geriatric look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not a veteran Championship striker. He's a veteran premiership striker.
    He's a veteran premiership bust. 4 goals a year over 6 years.

I see that he could get a shot in the championship on some sort of rest of year trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't follow Villa or West Brom enough to know how well/bad Moore played for them back in the day but I do feel that the general perception of him from people over the pond seems to be pretty negative. Whenever his name's in the team sheet there's always a comment from an Englishman about how shit he is or how they're surprised he's still playing football. I highly, highly doubt any Premier League team would take him, MAYBEEEE a Championship team but who knows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a veteran premiership bust. 4 goals a year over 6 years.

I see that he could get a shot in the championship on some sort of rest of year trial.
    I really wonder if the Reds truely had a transfer back to England that they said they turned down, who knows I guess.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a Championship level, when he tries. He can go there thank you very much.

Anybody got a 5th striker suggestion? Hamilton and Gomez are not enough back up, especially when we are likely losing both Alitdore and Giovinco for a chunk of the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I'm seeing a lot of stuff on UK Twitter saying Moore's a free agent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody got a 5th striker suggestion? Hamilton and Gomez are not enough back up, especially when we are likely losing both Alitdore and Giovinco for a chunk of the summer.
    Depends on how many strikers we play with in our formation next year, if we play two then we probably do need another one (Babouli?), but if we play with one (which probably means Giovinco moves out wide) I wouldn't see the need for another

Edit: Iain Hume maybe?
    Edit of the edit: Helder Postiga lol
    Last edited by portu; 12-31-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I really wonder if the Reds truely had a transfer back to England that they said they turned down, who knows I guess.
    That would seem fairly fishy to me. There is absolutely no reason to hold onto a player like that if there is a fee on the other end.

If memory serves when this was rumoured we were short strikers due to injury. Perhaps an optics things more than anything else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado is just as productive as Moore, would make a solid backup striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made millions at Villa and has stated before that he'd already "made his money" before he came to MLS, and that playing in America was the only reason he was coming over. He's a former England U21 who was a starting striker at Villa for three years, another year at West Brom, truncated time at Swansea. He has way more premiership experience and more than thirty goals as basically a target man on weak teams.

Bradley Orr played seven premiership games and then went on permaloan to the championship and second division, where he also couldn't stick. Moore may have flamed out somewhat from his early days due to chronic injuries, but it's not even a comparison.
    Ensco is the most realistic here , he hasn't shown anything here except he's lazy . Shows how far he's deteriated then . Dead Weight .
    Last edited by jazzy; 12-31-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Ensco is the most realistic here , he hasn't shown anything here except he's lazy . Shows how far he's deteriated then . Dead Weight .
    To say that all Moore is is lazy is in itself a lazy opinion just saying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To say that all Moore is is lazy is in itself a lazy opinion just saying
    Tend to agree with this theory.
    I like Moore, think hes an underrated player that does his job relatively well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Tend to agree with this theory.
    I like Moore, think hes an underrated player that does his job relatively well.
    well, now that Jackson and Findley are gone, the fanbase has found its next scapegoat

-Eduardo Galeano