Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Gomez is the liquid asset if we need to shed salary fast
    Gomez has value, but I wouldn't refer to him as a liquid asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That Moore was allowed and encouraged to put himself in the shop window in England indicates pretty clearly who is going to go.

Moore will be moved.
    good point

perhaps its just a matter of where

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think they are that much over the cap,unless bez really overspent on these mls vets.we got rid of bendik,konopka,jackson,kantari,findlay..thats about 800 k and if we lose moore thats another 225 k ,i think that is F O spewing more crap.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont think they are that much over the cap,unless bez really overspent on these mls vets.we got rid of bendik,konopka,jackson,kantari,findlay..thats about 800 k and if we lose moore thats another 225 k ,i think that is F O spewing more crap.
    you are not taking into account yearly wage bump and a bunch of other things. I think TFC will have to end up trading some TAM for some GAM just to be cap compliant. (and have to dismantle this team at the end of the season)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea that anyone in England would want Moore on his current wages (ie at the low end of the Championship pay scale) is pretty much proven wrong at this point.

It would have happened already. Villa aren't signing him, so he would already be on trial somewhere if this was real.

This is now just about negotiating a buyout. Problem is that there won't be much cap relief in a buyout scenario.

Then Moore will go to League 1 as a free agent, I'm guessing.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-26-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so another make over next season...this dude should be fired if thats the case?i dont see the depth everybody is talking about.maybe in the back 4 with 6 CBs.no depth in the mid and up front.if bradley,jozy,and seba miss 6 to 8 games,who replaces them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea that anyone in England would want Moore, even at the low end of the Championship pay scale, is pretty much proven wrong at this point.

It would have happened already. Villa aren't signing him, so he would already be on trial somewhere if this was real.

This is now just about negotiating a buyout. Then he'll go to League 1 I'm guessing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Haha right on cue - too funny! OK let's wait and see then.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt somebody on here mention that notts forest were keen on signing him?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    so another make over next season...this dude should be fired if thats the case?i dont see the depth everybody is talking about.maybe in the back 4 with 6 CBs.no depth in the mid and up front.if bradley,jozy,and seba miss 6 to 8 games,who replaces them?

Mids on the roster (not counting draft choices)

Bradley
    Cheyrou
    Chapman
    Delgado
    Johnson
    Lovitz
    Manella
    Osorio
    Warner

pretty standard MLS depth - all but Manella & Chapman have started in MLS

Issue is forwards, and I'm pretty sure somebody is coming up

Altidore
    Giovinco
    Hamilton
    Gomez

TFCII posted roster only includes 4 forwards.

TFC took Babouli to LA. And Darius Madison (although I think he's TFCII material)

I think the #4 forward position is between Hamilton and Babouli.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-26-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Moore really is the cap relief opportunity, you have to imagine they are willing to "sell" him for very little. A buy-out isn't an option as we've already used it on Kantari. Is there a rule within MLS that governs how you sell a player. For example, do we need to make a certain return on it or can we literally sell for a token gesture. If we can basically give him away, I don't think it's far fetched to see a Championship or League 1 team take a flyer on him. It's not like his wagers are a big hurdle.

Alternatively, perhaps Moore is the one driving this and he just wants regular minutes and knows that it's not likely here. You could even consider Bez and Vanney are lying about the cap issue in order to use it as a bargaining chip in other negotiations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman started a couple League games last season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    If Moore really is the cap relief opportunity, you have to imagine they are willing to "sell" him for very little. A buy-out isn't an option as we've already used it on Kantari. Is there a rule within MLS that governs how you sell a player. For example, do we need to make a certain return on it or can we literally sell for a token gesture. If we can basically give him away, I don't think it's far fetched to see a Championship or League 1 team take a flyer on him. It's not like his wagers are a big hurdle.

Alternatively, perhaps Moore is the one driving this and he just wants regular minutes and knows that it's not likely here. You could even consider Bez and Vanney are lying about the cap issue in order to use it as a bargaining chip in other negotiations.
    The issue isn't doing a buyout, you can do those all day. It's the cap hit - you only get one buyout a year that doesn't hit the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue isn't doing a buyout, you can do those all day. It's the cap hit - you only get one buyout a year that doesn't hit the cap.

ahhh I see. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you are not taking into account yearly wage bump and a bunch of other things.
    Isn't the standard yearly wage increase proportional to the yearly cap increase?

I think TFC will have to end up trading some TAM for some GAM just to be cap compliant.
    Yeah, I was thinking about this already. If they were over by 100k, they could trade 150k of TAM to a team that needs it for 100k of GAM.

And have to dismantle this team at the end of the season
    Unless most of the signings turn out to be horrible, there will be no need to dismantle the team after the season. Cheyrou, Perquis, and Gomez all expire at the end of the seaon. That's over 800k saved between those three, and Cheyrou is the only one that they'll likely have to spend some money to replace. Luke Moore will also be gone then, which brings the total savings to over $1m for four players. We also haven't even used TAM on any players. They've been smart to use it to acquire players with a stable cap hit that don't require constant top-ups of TAM to maintain. They'll also have another 800k of TAM next year. That will give them plenty of space to reload the roster for the next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Mids on the roster (not counting draft choices)

Bradley
    Cheyrou
    Chapman
    Delgado
    Johnson
    Lovitz
    Manella
    Osorio
    Warner

pretty standard MLS depth - all but Manella & Chapman have started in MLS

Issue is forwards, and I'm pretty sure somebody is coming up

Altidore
    Giovinco
    Hamilton
    Gomez

TFCII posted roster only includes 4 forwards.

TFC took Babouli to LA. And Darius Madison (although I think he's TFCII material)

I think the #4 forward position is between Hamilton and Babouli.
    If moore moves then you still need a fifth forward, so I could see Babouli signing a homegrown contract in place of moores empty roster spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word from Manchester this morning (MCFC v Everton League Cup 2nd Leg) is Tim Howard is coming to MLS in May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be an epic waste of a DP slot... a desperate move by a team trying to be relevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner is staying? wasnt there noise of him being on the outs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Warner is staying? wasnt there noise of him being on the outs
    That was just speculation based on a tweet where he thanked the supporters. It was a bit of a stretch during slow news weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was noise based on a tweet he sent out. But, it seems Warner is staying for now. He is injured though.

They are specifically looking for certain players to be defensive minded in the midfield - Warner provides an option off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats warner at $150/160?

I can live with that. I like his game

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows what was said to him though. Aside from Osorio you can bet almost every call about players includes a guy like Warner. I like him though, and seeing that he played at RSL, that may be a factor in keeping him around or cutting him loose.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    whats warner at $150/160?

I can live with that. I like his game
    Per players union release September 2015, he was on $129,937 Base Salary, with $157,437.00 guaranteed compensation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner provides value relative to his salary by MLS standards. He is a solid backup CM, and can fill in as an occasional starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA Galaxy sign Belgian International CB Jelle Van Damme
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...elle-van-damme

I believe bringing in this guy was one of the moves that Winter tried to make some four years ago, but Short Pants blocked it. I guess now we`ll get to see which one of them was right
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 01-27-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Amoyal @DavidAmoyalCarpi striker Borriello close to joining Atalanta - http://GianlucaDiMarzio.com http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-...ning-atalanta/

Doesn't look like Borriello will be playing in @MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    we're one in injury away from starting Williams, and two from starting hagglund, which is better than probably 15-18 MLS teams. I can't think of many teams off the top of my head who have better depth there atm.

If we're playing a diamond this season, we probably have the most top down depth at every position in the entire league. We've come a long way from years past.
    Team with the most depth hands down has to be SKC. They have pretty much 2 starting XI's, maybe even 3. What other team is so deep that Brad Davis, Justin Mapp, and Paolo Nagamura sit on their bench? It's bordering on ridiculous tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Team with the most depth hands down has to be SKC. They have pretty much 2 starting XI's, maybe even 3. What other team is so deep that Brad Davis, Justin Mapp, and Paolo Nagamura sit on their bench? It's bordering on ridiculous tbh
    they're relying on a lot of players who are prone to miss time to stay healthy/out of international duty. Not completely sold on their roster construction just yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha right on cue - too funny! OK let's wait and see then.
    If he went to a League 1 side on a free transfer and then redid his said wage with his new club, would he not be completely off the books here in Toronto and thus open up the space.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!