Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No thanks.

At best, he's Nesta, with a red shirt background.

At worst, he's the other Julio Cesar.
    What was wrong with Julio Cesar exactly? Unless we are talking about the field player and not the GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That play wasn't great although some fine GK'ers have been made to look foolish in plays similar to that one (memories of David Siemens). It happens.

I think he's been looking great for Canada and that's what I'm basing my current opinion on. Other than that goal, I thought he was pretty decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    3rd division Hungary. I'm calling BS on this. There are enough MLS keepers that are free agents that are better than him between the posts.

What I could believe is that he's being brought on as a coach for the academy.
    I'm not suggesting it would be a good idea.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What was wrong with Julio Cesar exactly? Unless we are talking about the field player and not the GK.
    The field player.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it is pretty safe to say once we officially buy out / waive Kantari we are down to 26 players. Assuming we don't sell Moore / Perquis I am pretty happy with what the roster currently looks like. Then we add Richie Laryea through the Super Draft, sign Giovinco's buddy Buffon in net and we are all set for preseason.

Does anybody know if that is what the plan is or are we still looking to move other players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    I guess it is pretty safe to say once we officially buy out / waive Kantari we are down to 26 players. Assuming we don't sell Moore / Perquis I am pretty happy with what the roster currently looks like. Then we add Richie Laryea through the Super Draft, sign Giovinco's buddy Buffon in net and we are all set for preseason.

Does anybody know if that is what the plan is or are we still looking to move other players?
    What's going on with boakai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are down to 26 players and have space i would imagine we have 1 super draft player, maybe seba's brother, Boakai(or academy product) and then hopefully a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If we are down to 26 players and have space i would imagine we have 1 super draft player, maybe seba's brother, Boakai(or academy product) and then hopefully a keeper.
    Don't see Seba's brother any where near the first team roster, maybe a look see with TFC2, but heck they could have done that last year. I would assume they will keep at least one spot open heading into the preseason for the draft pick either from last or this year who impresses the most ie Skylar Thomas.

Now they could at somepoint open up a roster spot by desinating someone for a season long loan to TFC2 like they did with Manny Aparicio last season. Thing is I don't really think the Reds have a player at this point who that would make sense for. I think Jordan Hamilton for instances needs to be with the first team for the most part or whats the point of him even being here at this point.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Don't see Seba's brother any where near the first team roster, maybe a look see with TFC2, but heck they could have done that last year. I would assume they will keep at least one spot open heading into the preseason for the draft pick either from last or this year who impresses the most ie Skylar Thomas.

Now they could at somepoint open up a roster spot by desinating someone for a season long loan to TFC2 like they did with Manny Aparicio last season. Thing is I don't really think the Reds have a player at this point who that would make sense for. I think Jordan Hamilton for instances needs to be with the first team for the most part or whats the point of him even being here at this point.
    This will be Jordan Hamilton's last year with TFC. When I had the chance to meet some of the TFC players at a bar one night last year, I was told he does not belong with the first time and is the worst player on the pitch on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28 is the max on the first team roster. We have space for 1 keeper and then 1 more guy. However, we can also loan guys to TFCII to make soom.

I think trading away a depth CB might still be on the cards, if not this off-season then maybe during the season. We have Charpie and Thomas with TFCII so it doesn't make sense to loan Hagglund or Zavaleta there. And one of those guys is sitting behind the other, and Simonin, and Williams before first team minutes. So I think it makes a decent amount of sense to trade either Hagglund or Zavaleta at some point for Garber bucks or a low draft pick just to clear some room so that we can add in positions requiring greater depth.

If it were me, after signing a keeper I would loan Hamilton permanently to TFC II. The guy needs to prove he can play after a pretty poor season in USL last year. If he can't cut it there he won't help the first team. Bono would also be permanently loaned. Sign Babouli as a Homegrown Player, add our draft pick to the first team roster if he's good enough, then we still have one open spot available for an addition later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This will be Jordan Hamilton's last year with TFC. When I had the chance to meet some of the TFC players at a bar one night last year, I was told he does not belong with the first time and is the worst player on the pitch on a daily basis.
    Interesting, especially since it was teammates talking about him. Figured it was something like that, too bad as he seemed like a up and coming player with a bright future at one point. But none the less like a lot of youth players it appears he has hit his plateau for now anyways.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's still 19 though and he has bags of talent. I can this being an important year for him to prove himself in USL. Hopefully Bent or Vanney give him the required confidence to take a step forward.

I do see Babouli being moved up this year and contributing in the forward role. If we get another forward at the Superdraft, that makes a decent set of prospects behind Gomez assuming Moore is heading back to England.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 01-13-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be a shame to lose hamilton considering his age. He along with Osorio really seam to understand the link between player and supporter (probably because both have spent time in the south stand at bmo), kaye was in that same mold but is gone now as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton was sent at a really young age over to Portugal to see if he could take the next step. And reports from there were he doesn't work enough. If that lack of effort got replicated once he came back, he's done until he grows up a bit.

That sort of a player is a USL project, not an MLS roster spot.

One more year to see if he can grow up - if not, he'll probably be offered a USL slot somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hamilton was sent at a really young age over to Portugal to see if he could take the next step. And reports from there were he doesn't work enough. If that lack of effort got replicated once he came back, he's done until he grows up a bit.

That sort of a player is a USL project, not an MLS roster spot.

One more year to see if he can grow up - if not, he'll probably be offered a USL slot somewhere.
    For his sake, i hope he gets a USL or NASL gig. A place where he has no hometown link, is allowed to sink/drown.

Portugal should have been his wake up call but it wasnt

He needs to hit rock bottom, work and get paid or be on the street type of situation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney needs to go.... Why the hell are we keeping Zavaleta (Coaches Nephew). While I was sitting in the North End I noticed a lot of misplays from him..... Get rid of him NOW......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    Vanney needs to go.... Why the hell are we keeping Zavaleta (Coaches Nephew). While I was sitting in the North End I noticed a lot of misplays from him..... Get rid of him NOW......
    he is depth hagglunds confidence was/is completely shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a chance to meet some players and management at the MLSE Gala last month and asked them about young guys that might become starters with TFC. Every single one of them said Jay Chapman. Chris Mannella is also thought of well. Outside of Steven Caldwell, who mentioned Hamilton positively, everyone else gave an awkward politically correct answer when asked about Hamilton. Even Babouli seems to be viewed as being too old to make the leap.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    Hmmm.....I was sitting in the West and noticed a lot of misplays from every defender but Morrow.

Patience - we have 10 defenders still.

If we do trade somebody (apart from Moore), its likely to be a young defender. I would be surprised if we were not making an offer for one of the top 3 draft slots - that sort of a deal likely involves Hagglund or Zavaleta or both. I'd personally keep Zavaleta over Hagglund but if you want something you need to give something up.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-13-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    I had a chance to meet some players and management at the MLSE Gala last month and asked them about young guys that might become starters with TFC. Every single one of them said Jay Chapman. Chris Mannella is also thought of well. Outside of Steven Caldwell, who mentioned Hamilton positively, everyone else gave an awkward politically correct answer when asked about Hamilton. Even Babouli seems to be viewed as being too old to make the leap.
    Jay Chapman is a good young player and I hope he gets his chance this year. Chris Mannella too. I hope he earns some minutes for the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, I think Bez is waiting until after the superdraft to make more roster moves. If they pick up a forward, Moore is probably gone. If they pick up a defender, They'll probably trade one of the surplus CBs. If they get a DM, then they'll throw all their TAm at a GK. If they get a winger, I'm thinking they may go 4-3-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what's more disappointing here. Hamilton not appearing to be fulfilling his potential or TFC players openly critical of young clubmates to random fellas in bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it very interesting that Zavaleta is thought of more highly than Hagglund around here.

To me Zavaleta is the essence of a an average back up, i haven't seen any attribute from him that appears to be above average. Hagglund is likely still out best player in the air, always a threat on the offensive side and good at keeping set piece balls out of our net.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it very interesting that Zavaleta is thought of more highly than Hagglund around here.

To me Zavaleta is the essence of a an average back up, i haven't seen any attribute from him that appears to be above average. Hagglund is likely still out best player in the air, always a threat on the offensive side and good at keeping set piece balls out of our net.
    Agreed Hagglund had a poor season but is by no means a poor defender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Interesting, especially since it was teammates talking about him. Figured it was something like that, too bad as he seemed like a up and coming player with a bright future at one point. But none the less like a lot of youth players it appears he has hit his plateau for now anyways.
    Watching him in the TFCII games last year I really couldn't figure out what happened to the kid. Maybe it was that he got into a nice form and groove at Wilmington but that's it. Hope he starts to progress again this year, and that he if he doesn't he can catch on with another team somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    TFC players openly critical of young clubmates to random fellas in bar.
    If it wasn't Giovinco, Benoit, Perquis..... or Bradley how can they talk.

Soccer is all about opportunity, and how you do if you get it. These players are all still young, and I'm sure there talent will be displayed with the opportunity given. My money is on Manella.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    If it wasn't Giovinco, Benoit, Perquis..... or Bradley how can they talk.

Soccer is all about opportunity, and how you do if you get it. These players are all still young, and I'm sure there talent will be displayed with the opportunity given. My money is on Manella.
    All in all if you look at Hamilton's form last year at the USL, there's nothing to talk about here. He wasn't starting and he was used as a sub for a lot of the matches. I really liked Manella both for TFC II and the U23 team. He really seems to fit the style we're trying to work towards and if he focuses and hones his role as a d-mid I think he can break through to the first team eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta was better than Hagglund last season, at the moment I would rate Zavaleta above him. But Hagglund certainly has more potential. He's a better athlete and that helps a lot at CB. He's just a bit of a project. He has a long way to go in terms of reading the game, decision-making, all the intangibles. Zavaleta is a bit better in that respect from what I've seen, a tad more pro-ready at the moment.

Basically, Zavaleta will be a career 3rd/4th option in MLS, while Hagglund could one day be a fringe starter... or he could never make it. But since we have a bunch of CB depth already I would rather keep Hagglund and trade Zavaleta if I was moving one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with Hagglund as well is he's not very good with the ball at his feet.