Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSN sucks ass

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TSN sucks ass

I hate them so much, I am only reassured that my decision to never watch that stupid channel (except for Champions League, because I have no choice) is the right decision.

The Score didn't open with the MLS story being tops...but they did make it the third story from the top and they gave it plenty of airtime. Both the ASG and the expansion story.

Same with Sportsnet, and of course because of all the speculation about Vancouver bidding for an expansion spot, the westcoast coverage had a substantial amount.

TSN?

They opened with a meaningless game in the CFL (of course...because they carry CFL), then went to tennis THEN went to coverage of not one but SEVERAL baseball games.

Only THEN did they dedicate what must have been a good, solid, all-encompassing 10 seconds to the MLS All Star Game, where 9 seconds of it must have had Beckham's face on TV.

TSN is the worst sports station in Toronto...by a friggin' country mile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tsn will dedicate 45 minutes of analysis for the nhl draft, and 1-2 minutes of game 7 of the NBA playoffs final round...they tend to be pretty biased to hockey (of course) but really how much in-depth coverage do we really need

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes me want to punch daryn dutchysechenecchschehn (sp?) in his stupid monkey face!

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only biased because thats what they assume most of us want to see. I don't need to see the highlights of every baseball game that happened the previous day. I switch the channel for 10 mins, go back and it's still on baseball. By the time I switch back to the channel, what I wanted to see is gone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the interest is directed towards hockey because that's where the interest is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And hockey is being played at the moment?

What good reason would they have to bury the MLS ASG if not they are just assholes? The most famous athlete in the world is currently playing in Toronto and they start it behind a lame-ass CFL game, a rained-out 2nd class golf tournament and meaningless baseball games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, not everyone is a hockey fanatic. I must admit I love my hockey. But I don't need a breakdown of every little thing. Just give me the highlights and move on. Please and thank you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roogs, dont listen to the fan 590 during the day then, bud, it's FAR FAR FAR worse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i stopped watching tsn years ago.. except euros and world cup game coverage

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO!

Being a sports fan in this city will drive you to an early grave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're on the topic, I left the game with about 5 minutes to go last night. I was in the underground lot at the convention center and was worried about how long it would take to exit.

I turned on FAN 590 thinking they'd have something about the game.

What we're they talking about......

you guessed it. Whether Matt Sundin will re sign with the Leafs!

Holy crap... enough already.... the Sundin story has been going on for a year.

Last night we had:
    the MLS All Star Game which might not be back for another 10 years.
    Pro tennis for their once a year stop
    Pro golf for it's (not Quite) once a year stop.

Yet all they could talk about on an evening like that was the Fricken Leafs! after they've already said everthing there is to say about the leafs 1 million times.
    My God! what a garbage station.
    Can someone please create a SPORTS radio station radio in this city!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The networks all hype what they carry, and diss what they don't. I'd bet that the guys inside the TSN production team get the joke about TFC, but there's nothing they can do about getting it covered properly. The sportscasts are all now thinly veiled promos. It's sad.

Sportsnet will make you sick with the endless Jays stuff they do, acting as though the team hasn't sunk beneath the waves for the 14th time in a row.

They all carry tons of hockey, so they all talk hockey all the time
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why people will bash other networks before this one.

I always try to avoid TSN. I watch CL games in Spanish on TLN if it means not tuning into that station.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I hate them so much, I am only reassured that my decision to never watch that stupid channel (except for Champions League, because I have no choice) is the right decision.

The Score didn't open with the MLS story being tops...but they did make it the third story from the top and they gave it plenty of airtime. Both the ASG and the expansion story.

Same with Sportsnet, and of course because of all the speculation about Vancouver bidding for an expansion spot, the westcoast coverage had a substantial amount.

TSN?

They opened with a meaningless game in the CFL (of course...because they carry CFL), then went to tennis THEN went to coverage of not one but SEVERAL baseball games.

Only THEN did they dedicate what must have been a good, solid, all-encompassing 10 seconds to the MLS All Star Game, where 9 seconds of it must have had Beckham's face on TV.

TSN is the worst sports station in Toronto...by a friggin' country mile.
    I hate CTV/TSN. Their hockey commentators suck (Chris Cuthbert being the one exception), they stole the Hockey Night In Canada song, and CTV buy up the rights for all these sports shows and then stick them on their cable channel, and on the actual CTV they show garbage nobody wants to watch. Their coverage of the 2006 World Cup pissed me off to no end, they buy the rights and only show the final on CTV. I was lucky that Omni 1 & 2 were also showing the games, watching football in languages I don't understand is better than not watching it at all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN is a terrible sports network, with THE WORST anchormen/panelists/commentators etc etc...the only thing that could make them worse is if Mike Toth went there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so basically I want to be a sports broadcaster. Whats good and whats not? This is making me nervous, seems difficult to please everyone.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Don't be as stupid as Pierre McGuire. If you can do that, you'll be okay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea TSN has pissed me off on more than a few occasions, a few times i had to go to work and set my VCR to tape some games and the just bumped soccer/football for some other shit and changed the time, the always do that, other sports are always interrupted for our sport, it pisses me off to no end! i could understand if it was a game in progress of another kind, how fucked up that would be to just end a game they are already showing to the start of another one, but it hasnt been shit like that, fuck TSN, plus the other networks have some hotter girls on it anyways.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Reggie View Post
    yea TSN has pissed me off on more than a few occasions, a few times i had to go to work and set my VCR to tape some games and the just bumped soccer/football for some other shit and changed the time, the always do that, other sports are always interrupted for our sport, it pisses me off to no end! i could understand if it was a game in progress of another kind, how fucked up that would be to just end a game they are already showing to the start of another one, but it hasnt been shit like that, fuck TSN, plus the other networks have some hotter girls on it anyways.....
    Lol oh my........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah hey now, what can i say its true, that girl from the score that does drive this? she hot what can i say. But in all honestly the past couple years i have always found myself going to sportsnet or the score over TSN for anything recently. Booo TSN, just get a job at one of those stations if you go into broadcasting 13CP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ oh and BTW, if Kanu signs as a DP for TFC, you can always say you broke the story first here and slap that on your resume!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for the next couple of months (starting august 11th) I'll be working at Rogers, shadowing broadcasts and doing technical stuff. Most likely sportnet I guess.

If Kanu comes here, Im taking 1% of what he's getting paid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN will put emphasis on the sport that has signed a television contract with the station: like the CFL. Since they don't have the rights to TFC games, why are you surprised they hardly mention the team?.....dude, it is all about advertising dollars, that is the fucking world we live in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 13CP View Post
    Well for the next couple of months (starting august 11th) I'll be working at Rogers, shadowing broadcasts and doing technical stuff. Most likely sportnet I guess.

If Kanu comes here, Im taking 1% of what he's getting paid.
    alright, sportsnet is good, if it was TSN im sorry we cant be friends on these boards anymore.

a 1% signing bonus for you? Sounds like your dad is a good agent, not only doing the real estate but also getting you signing bonuses for promoting hype on these message boards...
    Last edited by Raging Reggie; 07-25-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smenge View Post
    TSN will put emphasis on the sport that has signed a television contract with the station: like the CFL. Since they don't have the rights to TFC games, why are you surprised they hardly mention the team?.....dude, it is all about advertising dollars, that is the fucking world we live in.
    Yeah, it is. And in this "fucking world" I can rant about TSN and I can choose not to watch them, hoping that others do the same and TSN either dies or goes groveling back to the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN may well suck, but come on. All Star games are like the celebrity gossip columns of the sports world. Why would you put them before games that are actually played competitively and have actual implications? It'd be like leading the broadcast with professional wrestling.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's why I watch TSN. Mrs. Jennifer Hedger

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fs9U6AqTlKw

NSFW
    Last edited by Ladies Love Julius James; 07-25-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have noticed that TSN has single handedly managed to brainwash all of Canada into believing that the World Junior Hockey Championship is actually a big deal. Even hockey loving countries in Europe don't give a rat's ass about it but TSN hypes it into something it certainly is not... yet it bugs me when hockey people will say "nobody cares about the world cup" when they really mean nobody within their narror frame of reference likes the world cup. Keep on watchin' the WJHC cuz you're allllll alone on that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN sucks! I don't watch it unless soccer or basketball games are on. I usually watch the score to get my highlights.

I_AM_CANADIAN

I don't care at all about the World Championships or the World Juniors, they're like the football equivalent of the reserve cup. Big whoop...