Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. But nobody should hold RPB brass responsible for what a member says, let alone an unaffiliated message board user.

Let's stop kicking the dead horse for now. Hopefully the ticket issue resolves itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    To be honest did anyone ever actually here anything from Montreal or Toronto not letting us get any tickets???? all we herd is Montreal has not sold any tickets in upper 112 (where TFC away fans normally go) but they also have not sold them to Monrteal fans. So people have just jumped the gun and said we are banned? has anyone actually herd any official stuff from either club? other then random people posting stuff.
    This is what Phil said

I have a notice from TFC confirming that tickets will not be sold to 'Toronto' pending an investigation by the league.
    And earlier today a friend of mine tried to buy tickets directly from the Impact and after they found out he was from Toronto and looking for the away section, they told him to call back again tomorrow.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy in section 112. I just checked on ticket master, There are like 300 or 400 tickets available all together. Just buy those. No way were gonna have that many away fans after just coming back from there anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I wasn't sure if I was going to write all this but in light of the potential ban, I might as well.

What saw in Montreal in addition to some of the things I heard about were pretty embarrassing. When the first smoke bomb went off after the goal I thought it was pretty cool, the atmosphere was rocking and we were heading into half up a goal on our rivals and the whole section was bumping. But as the game wore on some of the self proclaimed hardcore ultras were more interested in making a scene than actually watching the game. I'm not projecting either, I heart it vocalized that more and more smoke bombs were being lit off towards the end of the match because "they wanted to use them up." This is despite the fact that the back half of the TFC section were becoming more and more agitated at their view being fully obstructed for minutes at a time during the run of play while a bunch of overgrown children dressed as Serbian gangsters (faces covered and all) lit off smoke bombs, flairs and even fucking fireworks over the field. Chair were torn out of the stands, some drunk TFC fan spit on an Impact fan and at least one fire was lit.

Maybe I'm just getting older and more boring, but seriously fuck those guys. We're a 9 year old club in Canada. We're not an oppressed group coming together at football matches and forming communities despite oppressive fascist regimes. That's not our history and when some fucking 19 year old tries to emulate it I shake my head. The rest of us are now paying the price because the man child brigade wanted to wave their dicks around. The worst part is, there probably wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't decided to light off the last 4 smoke bombs well after the game was over and security was waiting for the rest of the stadium to exit.

Otherwise, I had fun. I was great meeting some of you at the bar afterwards. Going solo is a funny trip, you certainly get a different perspective than when you're already part of a group.

-end rant-
    spot on. I'm a day 1er at the back of 115 on the 114 side. I've stopped going to the matches now as their match day antics result in my getting pissed off, frustrated and angry and I can do better things with my weekends than pay for an unenjoyable day out.
    Well put,Sir!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't sure if I was going to write all this but in light of the potential ban, I might as well.

What saw in Montreal in addition to some of the things I heard about were pretty embarrassing. When the first smoke bomb went off after the goal I thought it was pretty cool, the atmosphere was rocking and we were heading into half up a goal on our rivals and the whole section was bumping. But as the game wore on some of the self proclaimed hardcore ultras were more interested in making a scene than actually watching the game. I'm not projecting either, I heart it vocalized that more and more smoke bombs were being lit off towards the end of the match because "they wanted to use them up." This is despite the fact that the back half of the TFC section were becoming more and more agitated at their view being fully obstructed for minutes at a time during the run of play while a bunch of overgrown children dressed as Serbian gangsters (faces covered and all) lit off smoke bombs, flairs and even fucking fireworks over the field. Chair were torn out of the stands, some drunk TFC fan spit on an Impact fan and at least one fire was lit.

Maybe I'm just getting older and more boring, but seriously fuck those guys. We're a 9 year old club in Canada. We're not an oppressed group coming together at football matches and forming communities despite oppressive fascist regimes. That's not our history and when some fucking 19 year old tries to emulate it I shake my head. The rest of us are now paying the price because the man child brigade wanted to wave their dicks around. The worst part is, there probably wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't decided to light off the last 4 smoke bombs well after the game was over and security was waiting for the rest of the stadium to exit.

Otherwise, I had fun. I was great meeting some of you at the bar afterwards. Going solo is a funny trip, you certainly get a different perspective than when you're already part of a group.

-end rant-
    Very well put.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    youre entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad you're passionate about it. All I'm saying is antagonizing 114 by calling them wannabes or whatever, on the Section of the RPB forum that they have access to, is a slap in the face to every person on here who spends time on improving our relationship with them and other groups.

Im sure you don't know how many times I've heard issues arise because of something that was said on the RPB forum. As you said yourself, it is the best place to discuss all matters TFC - just be sensitive of the environment that goes on after the power button is pressed.
    Ivy, if you take a look at MartinUtd's original rant, he did not identify any group or BMO Field section. Essentially he said he's pissed off that some people did stupid shit at the last game, and that it may have a negative impact on all TFC fans hoping to travel. (BTW even just the delay in ticket sales for Toronto supporters causes problems, as it was very short notice to plan a trip in the first place.) Other people (including yourself) identified a supporters group name & section. (Interesting, isn't it?) If you have some contact with representatives of the group that was mentioned, maybe they would also say that they're pissed off at some people that did stupid shit at the last game. Or not.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-27-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just called my account rep and apparently, they are not going to do anything for travelling fans (no bus and they don't have any tickets to the away supporters section) he told me to consltact the Impact as they still have the tickets. Looks like fans have to plan it themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-end rant-
    Well said, I totally agree. I was there Sunday as well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narster View Post
    I just called my account rep and apparently, they are not going to do anything for travelling fans (no bus and they don't have any tickets to the away supporters section) he told me to consltact the Impact as they still have the tickets. Looks like fans have to plan it themselves.
    Not hard to do, I did that in CLB earlier this year. The only shitty part is CLB FO trying to sell my season tickets now lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Not hard to do, I did that in CLB earlier this year. The only shitty part is CLB FO trying to sell my season tickets now lol.
    this is why you have a 2nd email account for junk...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Ivy, if you take a look at MartinUtd's original rant, he did not identify any group or BMO Field section. Essentially he said he's pissed off that some people did stupid shit at the last game, and that it may have a negative impact on all TFC fans hoping to travel. (BTW even just the delay in ticket sales for Toronto supporters causes problems, as it was very short notice to plan a trip in the first place.) Other people (including yourself) identified a supporters group name & section. (Interesting, isn't it?) If you have some contact with representatives of the group that was mentioned, maybe they would also say that they're pissed off at some people that did stupid shit at the last game. Or not.
    You're right, he didn't say it, but others did; and I also just carried over what's being said on Twitter and figured it was agreed upon everywhere that 114 are the culprits... My apologies if that isn't so.
    As far as I know, they posted the stadium rules on their Facebook and Twitter, and made it public that they didn't organize it. Whether or not it was their members who did it is a different issue.

Again, all I'm saying, is that I don't want this incident and a shitty situation to negatively affect our relationship and the support TFC receives next year. Maybe I'm just being silly though...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. But nobody should hold RPB brass responsible for what a member says, let alone an unaffiliated message board user.

Let's stop kicking the dead horse for now. Hopefully the ticket issue resolves itself.
    In a way I hope the MLS does ban organized support for this match, thus not selling tickets to suporter clubs. As much I love this team and will be RPB forever, it would go a long way in ridding us of the crap that certain people/groups have been causing not just on Sunday but over the season. A message needs to be sent.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprised at all, would assume the MLSE Legal Eagles advised the FO to stay away from organizing anything travel related, just not worth it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confused. Isn't this the only way to organize away trips. It is not hard to get tickets. If you want to go, you will be there thursday in 112. If not, you won't. Why would TFC do anything for travelling fans? They already did it once or twice before. People want handouts for every close away match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok enough shit about what happened on Sunday.....what is happening as far as ticket sales go?? is there still a U-Sec bus going? who still plans on going to Montreal? are people buying tickets in 112 upper section? will it be a standing section?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok enough shit about what happened on Sunday.....what is happening as far as ticket sales go?? is there still a U-Sec bus going? who still plans on going to Montreal? are people buying tickets in 112 upper section? will it be a standing section?

I'm waiting for a call back from the Impact office. If I don't hear back in the next 1/2 hour I'm calling back in regards to tickets in upper 112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent an email this morning and now just left a voicemail for Jeremy...

has as anyone heard from him or anyone to find out if there is going to be a supporters section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post
    I'm waiting for a call back from the Impact office. If I don't hear back in the next 1/2 hour I'm calling back in regards to tickets in upper 112.
    thanks, I had called last night and they said they would get back to me today...no such luck. Let me us know what you find out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys... Nobody will know anything, or give you a concrete answer until the league rules on the situation. If you want to go regardless, call them and buy tickets in 112... That's all.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U-sec bus - waiting on decision to put the money down but YOU can put your name on their list. They have one and are looking for passengers.

People are trying to buy in 112 but not in the away support section on top. It's not on sale yet. You'll know after:

MLS finishes talking with TFC > TFC notifies Supporters and STH.

They will let us know, man.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    I am confused. Isn't this the only way to organize away trips. It is not hard to get tickets. If you want to go, you will be there thursday in 112. If not, you won't. Why would TFC do anything for travelling fans? They already did it once or twice before. People want handouts for every close away match?
    Because TFC appreciate travelling support most of the time. It never hurts to ask. I have several ways of getting to ANY away game but I still appreciate someone else reaching out and trying to learn more. Sheesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Because TFC appreciate travelling support most of the time. It never hurts to ask. I have several ways of getting to ANY away game but I still appreciate someone else reaching out and trying to learn more. Sheesh.
    Exactly, it doesn't hurt to try and see if the team is making it easier. Also the easier it is, the more people can go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, he didn't say it, but others did; and I also just carried over what's being said on Twitter and figured it was agreed upon everywhere that 114 are the culprits... My apologies if that isn't so.
    As far as I know, they posted the stadium rules on their Facebook and Twitter, and made it public that they didn't organize it. Whether or not it was their members who did it is a different issue.

Again, all I'm saying, is that I don't want this incident and a shitty situation to negatively affect our relationship and the support TFC receives next year. Maybe I'm just being silly though...
    114? Section 114 of BMO? They definitely weren't culprits. We have RPB members in section 114 of BMO. But now you're confusing things because the RPB in 114 don't have another Facebook and twitter. There is just the one that represents us all. So quit naming sections already...

But you are being pretty silly.

I wish you all the best of luck at Saputo on Thurs bud. The security detail I expect will be severely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well me and 2 friends booked are trip to Montreal, we got the furthest row back we could that is for sale in section 112 (what would be the first row in front of what would be the supporters section). Hope we can get a supporters section, if not, lets just take over lower 112, there is pretty much a whole empty section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, travel ban according to Kurt Larson

Sweet!
    There won't be any bans on traveling TFC supporters organizing for Thursday's match. Tickets will be allocated for supporters. #TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KurtLarSUN: There won't be any bans on traveling TFC supporters organizing for Thursday's match. Tickets will be allocated for supporters. #TFC

BOOYAH!! LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN BOYS!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KurtLarSUN: There won't be any bans on traveling TFC supporters organizing for Thursday's match. Tickets will be allocated for supporters. #TFC

I just spoke with Jeremy and told him to expect a lot of calls because this was announced. he advised me that the tickets are only being released tomorrow morning. I told him I would call him then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news. I got tickets right in front of the section, on row v. Think I shoudl try to get the tickets switched or maybe we can just walk up if things get too feisty there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ergh. This makes it hard. Apparently I'm really needed for work in TO Thursday afternoon, but I'm still in MTL till Wednesday night. Tempted to make up some bullshit excuse to stay... They will see right through me, but it would be worth it. Maybe. Haha.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had enough waiting, I've got tickets in 112 row T. Should be quite a few people in lower 112, or half way up.