Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Kantari or Zavaleta? Kantari has more experience but Zavaleta from what I remember this year has been mostly solid?
    We're fighting to keep our heads above water with our CBs, but I think you stick with Kantari. I like Zavaleta, but a huge game like this for the kid? I feel like that's setting him up to be bullied by Drogba. Not that he can't bully Kantari either... sigh.

It's turned out to be a real shame Perquis had to pull his hamstring, he was on a decent run of form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: VISITORS SECTION tickets: is anyone organizing or co-ordinating VISITORS SECTION tickets for this Thursday's playoff game? I called Impact de Montreal and they said they will be selling tickets soon but not yet sure when or how many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fear not people....coz you know what's better than beating Montreal in the playoffs in our home stadium?......knocking them out of the playoffs in theirs.....we'll get er done.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we expect just one defender to cover Drogba like on the goals yesterday, and give their MF and wings as much time & space to put in passes, we WILL get burned. It doesn't matter which of our CBs we put in.

TFC has to cover & treat Drogba like Montreal treated Giovinco yesterday. Either of them might still pot a goal, but not as many as otherwise.

And it drives me nuts when opposing teams consistently have more people back in tight defensive lines, AND still get plenty of people forward on attack, like Montreal in the 2nd half yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    we got 'em where we want them! We will see seba pot in a bushel against the limpact in front of their arrogant piece of shit fans on their own home turf this week as tfc will kick the limpact out of the playoffs on their way to the title!

if you ain't red, then yer better off dead! T-f-c for life!!!
    THIS^^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good news on the ticket front..... We still have 2 potential home playoff games in the Quarter and Semis.... So the tickets we bought on Wednesday will go towards those games if/when we have them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    Some good news on the ticket front..... We still have 2 potential home playoff games in the Quarter and Semis.... So the tickets we bought on Wednesday will go towards those games if/when we have them
    Yes good point. On the other hand, yesterday we 100% lost the chance to host the MLS Cup this year, as all Western teams have more than TFC's 49 points. (Had we won yesterday, ending with 52 points, that would have been higher than 3 of the western playoff contenders.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess all of us are used to losing but at least our support always owns them in the stands. They have such a small supporters section. Thanks for everyone who went out to watch the game. Also cool that Saputo gave out free beers. Hopefully we can beat them Thursday. Too bad its midweek. Cant see too many people going back two times in 3 days

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I just say one thing:

Fuck the man love for Drogba.

Great with the ball.

Lying piece of doggie doo managing the game. Can't stand that shit. He was down on the sides for at least 3 minutes yesterday in the second half and that IDIOT of a ref didn't include the time. Yes, I'm calling Kelly out for being a fool and letting the occasion get the best of him.

On Thursday, I'm hoping Drogba gets kicked like Giovinco was and whines spits out his dummy.

He's Impact. FUCK im.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a little dilemma -> My championship game is 7pm on Thursday too. Anyone know how a guy without cable/PVR might get his hands on an archive of the game later the same night? Does TSN's online account allow you to watch archived games? Anyone have a suggestion?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tweets coming out saying traveling TFC fans are banned from the match due to the illegal smoke at yesterday's match. This is a MLS sanction, not the Impact's and supposedly not the first time they've done it (although I recall no other time).

So 9 years for a playoff game and not only do we not have a home one but now may not be allowed to go to the away one. Classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Tweets coming out saying traveling TFC fans are banned from the match due to the illegal smoke at yesterday's match. This is a MLS sanction, not the Impact's and supposedly not the first time they've done it (although I recall no other time).

So 9 years for a playoff game and not only do we not have a home one but now may not be allowed to go to the away one. Classic.
    From what I heard, there was a fire set in the stands by TFC supporter(s). Looked like it burned pretty big too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the Impact have already sold tickets to TFC supporters, this would be interesting.

That having been said, has anybody but Rollins discussed this? The TFC beat reporters are not discussing this at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    From what I heard, there was a fire set in the stands by TFC supporter(s). Looked like it burned pretty big too.
    I think it was a flare, never liked flares or smoke bombs at matches. Those who light them of in my humble opinion, In the great words of Sean Connery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSCI-C1N_o

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a notice from TFC confirming that tickets will not be sold to 'Toronto' pending an investigation by the league.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like to see how they enforce that

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if they sanction all supporter groups from Toronto you can still travel individually.
    06-18-09 i was there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I have a notice from TFC confirming that tickets will not be sold to 'Toronto' pending an investigation by the league.
    Unfortunate but not surprised after all the crap that went down yesterday. I know a lot of love smoke and what it has brought to our 112, but that is in a team sanctioned organized manner. Yesterday was nuts, with smoke, flares, fire crackers going off. Hopefully something can be learned from this.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just flipped through the sun newspaper and saw a half page photo of Giovinco getting his ankles destroyed from a tackle from behind yet no call was made. My only hope is to have a decent referee on Thursday and we should be able to come out with a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a line of what mls wants from supporters, a line that we can get away with and then what happened yesterday.

Let's just hope it's only 1 game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this really sucks, flights from Vancouver BC and hotels booked. I will be travelling independently, but it really sucks to not be sitting with other supports, because a select few ruined it for everyone. Possible the worst feeling as a TFC fan, and we have been through a lot of disappointment before.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preventing organized away support isn't difficult but if people want to watch the game amongst the casual locals of course it can be done. It's just not the way we prefer things here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....how to make friends and influence people and get them to show up to a home playoff game if we do get one on Sunday.

Oh well....the vast majority of us are not like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Unfortunate but not surprised after all the crap that went down yesterday. I know a lot of love smoke and what it has brought to our 112, but that is in a team sanctioned organized manner. Yesterday was nuts, with smoke, flares, fire crackers going off. Hopefully something can be learned from this.
    We should call out other supporters groups when shit like this happens. Take names.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the best away support I remember almost ever. Way better than the 4000 at Montreal or 1000 at Montreal or even the big numbers in Columbus in past years. Smoke and us singing well past the final whistle. Great work everyone. That is an away trip. Hopefully we have some payback thursday and make it to home and away series with redbulls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although some people handed out balloons and it was sad to see so many people not blowing them up. God forbid people take half a minute to be a part of something coreographed/a tifo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am extremely curious about how the TV numbers will look like after this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Can I just say one thing:

Fuck the man love for Drogba.

Great with the ball.

Lying piece of doggie doo managing the game. Can't stand that shit. He was down on the sides for at least 3 minutes yesterday in the second half and that IDIOT of a ref didn't include the time. Yes, I'm calling Kelly out for being a fool and letting the occasion get the best of him.

On Thursday, I'm hoping Drogba gets kicked like Giovinco was and whines spits out his dummy.

He's Impact. FUCK im.
    Yep. Didier Drama strikes again. Have seen it countless times. Team starts winning and then he goes down killing minutes at a time and then miraculously recovers. Embarrassing. And he gets away with it.

Peek a boo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-thriller.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2nd most hated footballer in the world (behind Totti) and now plays for those bums. I remember one time, can't remember who it was against, he got fouled (not hard at all) and started convulting on the ground. Guy makes me sick. He's one guy I hope gets cleated in the chest by his own player accidentally, or by Perquis after the game .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal has a real anti-Toronto complex. The author of the Gazette spent half the time writing an article about last nights game about how much it "sucks" to be a Toronto sports fan referencing:

1. TFC - though I wasn't a fan of the smoke, it wasn't covering any tears
    2. the Leafs - Our team is first in the league but let's take the time to discuss about a team in a complete rebuild
    3. the Argos - does anyone on this site even care about them?
    4. the Jays - yup, it must really suck being 6 wins from a championship. Meanwhile, Montreal lost their team and are happy to sell out the Big Owe for Jays exhibition games.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/so...to-sports-fans