Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody ever see the Impact's one previous playoff game before this one? Comprehensively beaten by Houston away from home 2 years ago. Star players angry. Nobody played well. Impact fans angry calling for heads to roll and suggesting star players wouldn't stay.

Shit happens. We ran into this season's version of NER.

Fix the defence

Use cap in the the offensive area more wisely.

But for God's sake stop with the rolling chaos of change.

Still rather be here then in the Fire's position.

Yes I'm an optimist.
    "Shit happens?" Come on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That NYRB game is part of the problem, gave us false confidence. We weren't that great, they had an off day. Same for the lopsided Orlando games.

Our best game of the year was against San Jose in May. 3-1, could have been 8-1.

It was a long time ago.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why people always talk about "not renewing" or "giving up on this club" when we finish a season. Yeah, we were bad, but that's football sometimes. It's our city, let's not just turn our backs on it because the club has disappointed in terms of results. What's the solution to this - to just fold the club and forget about football in this city? There will be new managers and players over the years, but the club will hopefully stay with all of us for life. It's not like MLSE is making a killing from us. Let's be fair here, they spent a lot. And hey, we might even get it right at some point. If someone at Scunthorpe United can stay positive about their club then so can I. (Although they probably hate their club like most people do - football is a curse).

Rather than talk about not renewing we should put pressure on the club to get a better, more experienced coach in charge of this team. We need someone who will command respect from the team. Not saying your Bruce Arena's and Sigi Schmid's don't lose and shit the bed, but not every year. Get someone like that from here, or overseas. But let's fix our tactical approach to the game and understanding of what type of players to get, and how to play them.

Onwards to next season. I'm looking forward to the roof. Argos might fuck up part of the stadium, but I think the improved atmosphere will do wonders for our spirits and will get everybody excited again. Focus on that for the next 5 months, it'll be easier to get through it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wrong. Jozy did something tonight. He got Gio out of there...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What crap is it that I hear about my fellow RPB family and other supporters led out of Saputo by security into essentially the darks woods only to have Ultra types waiting to jump them. Then the police proceeded to pepper spray and arrest some of our fellow supporters including RPB. When one of them is our boy Walms who does not have bad bone in his body who fell victim to this, shame on Montreal.
    Crying about things on social media does nothing except hurt the culture and set everyone back. Address this by being organised, not writing letters to MLS .If supporting was about collecting membership dues and selling merch you guys would be in the top 10 groups worldwide. Keep it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starters who delivered consistently over the season:

Giovinco
    Morrow
    Cheyrou
    Osorio
    Williams
    Morgan
    Warner

inconsistently:

Konopka
    Delgado
    Bradley
    Altidore
    Findley
    Jackson
    Konopka
    Perquis

Substitutes who delivered:

Gomez
    Moore
    Zavaleta
    (Hagglund)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcallez View Post
    Crying about things on social media does nothing except hurt the culture and set everyone back. Address this by being organised, not writing letters to MLS .If supporting was about collecting membership dues and selling merch you guys would be in the top 10 groups worldwide. Keep it up.

Fuck off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Giovinco
    Morrow
    Cheyrou
    Osorio
    Williams
    Morgan
    Warner

inconsistently:

Konopka
    Delgado
    Bradley
    Altidore
    Findley
    Jackson
    Konopka
    Perquis

Gomez
    Moore
    Zavaleta
    (Hagglund)
    I would put Cheyrou in the inconsistent column. He had a lot of bad moments and when he did, we stunk.

and you put Konopka in twice. Is he like double inconsistent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco
    Morrow
    Cheyrou
    Osorio
    Williams
    Morgan
    Warner

inconsistently:

Konopka
    Delgado
    Bradley
    Altidore
    Findley
    Jackson
    Konopka
    Perquis

Gomez
    Moore
    Zavaleta
    (Hagglund)
    I don't know. Whether it was Williams or Zavaleta or Hagglund they all had bouts of inconsistency (which is what you'd expect from players or their level). Really nothing marvellous from any of them IMO.

Yet again we should be looking for CB's in the offseason (hope we are not married to some of these bad contracts) and hopefully we find a DM that covers a solid amount of ground. Cheyrou is simply too slow at this point in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off. Enjoy nine seconds of success at something; Montreal is such a miserable fucking hole most of us sensibly left it years ago. Geez, it takes a cowardly cunt to come on an opponent's board and crow about being a thug and call it "culture." Fucking pussy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Altidore be moved? Obviously there's 3 dp players here, two of which are class players, while the squad is seriously lacking in other areas. The Defoe deal for Altidore was a joke. Fuck the USA! Fuck the Habs!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off. Enjoy nine seconds of success at something; Montreal is such a miserable fucking hole most of us sensibly left it years ago. Geez, it takes a cowardly cunt to come on an opponent's board and crow about being a thug and call it "culture." Fucking pussy.
    TFC fan, I swears it. I'm just #AgainstModernLetters.
    Fuck off.
    I'm sure this is against the charter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By comparison, Urritti just scored in the 117th minute for Portland to tie KC. Thank god Bekker or Oduro didn't score against us. And they both almost did. We should play a FIFA match: TFC v former TFC. We'd lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I would put Cheyrou in the inconsistent column. He had a lot of bad moments and when he did, we stunk.

and you put Konopka in twice. Is he like double inconsistent?
    apparently!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally love Montreal the city, the bars, culinary delights, culture etc, had a great time there last weekend despite the result for the Reds. Ate way too much smoked meat. But when it comes to soccer it seems to attract a really delightful bunch that love to cause crap and think they are above the rules set out by the team and league. Which is unfortunate to see.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis a pity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I hate to say it, but we've played better all season when either he or Bradley weren't there. When altidore is in, it's like losing a forward unless he happens to get a sniff three yards from the goalline. When BRadley is in, he looks like the most arrogant player on Earth; he overworks everything, tries to cover the entire field, lets loose field goal blasts continually from thirty yards out, and generally runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. He ruins our shape.

We need a coach who will harness Bradley's ability by making him smarten the fuck up. Instead, this feels like it's Bradley's team, and he's not qualified.
    This is where it went wrong the prior season as well. I gave them the whole season and if we had not landed the MVP where would have this team ended up. Yes worse than the previous years result. A total exercise in futility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post
    bye bye vanney, time to get an established european manager.
    See Aron Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope UMO2 get the same treatment when they come to Toronto. The amount of time's they've come to our stadium and done the exact same shit without reprecussion is unbelievble. I've never had more hatred in my heart for anyone then those fuck's and those who use'd baton's tonight on the fan's who didn't participate at all in sunday's actions. Fuck those cunts. Fuck Montreal. We'll be back for EVERYTHING next year.

As for the game and our season: it's wait and see for me. We need to fill most of our backline and a bunch of our midfield that didn't get filled this season. We have quite a bit of available cap room so I'm willing to let the current regime go for another off-season and see how they deal with it. This year was about getting into the playoff's and building off that confidence (as low as it feels right now). We'll be a better team next year and I'm looking forward to it.

Fuck Montreal. Fuck Quebec. Fuck you if you come here next year and don't expect the same treatment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By comparison, Urritti just scored in the 117th minute for Portland to tie KC. Thank god Bekker or Oduro didn't score against us. And they both almost did. We should play a FIFA match: TFC v former TFC. We'd lose.
    By comparison Urruti was mostly useless this season and got limited time off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by OgtheDim
    Anybody ever see the Impact's one previous playoff game before this one? Comprehensively beaten by Houston away from home 2 years ago. Star players angry. Nobody played well. Impact fans angry calling for heads to roll and suggesting star players wouldn't stay.

Shit happens. We ran into this season's version of NER.

Fix the defence

Use cap in the the offensive area more wisely.

But for God's sake stop with the rolling chaos of change.

Still rather be here then in the Fire's position.

Yes I'm an optimist.
    Were it not for Giovinco we would be in Chicaago's position, or perhaps worse.

There's a difference between being optimistic and being in denial. You dont stick with something if its broke, you fix it. No matter how many times till you get it right.

Bezbatchenko and Vanney should be clearing out their desks this morning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Shit happens?" Come on.
    Yes it does. Look at LAG's exit.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Neither NYRB or FCD spent any where near TFC or LA who also happened to bow out. Why do people bring up TFC as 6 th in east as a mid table team? True points wise but every team making the playoffs in both conferences with the exception of conference winners finished within a few points of each other. Are Columbus and DC any better than TFC?
    Well, I consider them mid table because if you ranked the table they are in the middle

If there were no playoffs, we wouldn't have a league trophy. We would consider the team a mid table one and asking what we could do to build it into a league leader.

With playoffs, the focus is on what do you do to get lucky to win a knock out game. Hides the fact that his is an average team with a bunch of other average teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes it does. Look at LAG's exit.
    At least them and the other 6 teams in these play in matches showed up. Only one didn't and yesterday could have easily been 5 or 6 to nil.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a comparison? It would be 11 v 100+ players. I wonder if a unicorn could beat a pegasus?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Well, I consider them mid table because if you ranked the table they are in the middle

If there were no playoffs, we wouldn't have a league trophy. We would consider the team a mid table one and asking what we could do to build it into a league leader.

With playoffs, the focus is on what do you do to get lucky to win a knock out game. Hides the fact that his is an average team with a bunch of other average teams.
    Montreal made adjustments at half time of Sunday's game, both players (Duca) and tactics (Piatti up the left etc). We didn't, then or last night. It's that simple. Plus Jozy had a stinker and Bradley was desperately poor.

Vanney could have started Warner to protect Jackson, for example. Nothing done. Almost over confident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i hate to say it..i think bez and vanney are back.
    Although I hate everything about this team right now, I would not be horribly upset if they were back. The ball movement and offense of this team is fairly decent. If we had any sort of defence, this team could have been at the top of the table.
    Last edited by mastermixer; 10-30-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well last night's game proved that TFC didn't deserve that "Playoff" spot.

I now understand why they have that extra game in place. It's to make sure crap teams like TFC have to prove that they actually deserve to be in the playoffs

Anyways. Defensively this year, the team has alway been shit. The fact that we went out and got Hercules Gomez at the deadline and then sat him on the bench wa a pure head scratcher for me.

And who scouted Kantari? Fire him immediately.

Aside from Giovinco, this season has been a bust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first time watching a playoff game....very weird....I still cant understand how they only play one game??? Why not do what the rest of pro-football does and have a home and away tie with away goals etc?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a loser post.