Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I don't get this "we had a terrible season" vibe I read. We didn't have a "terrible season". Far from it, in fact! We may have ended badly, but that was just it - the ending, not the middle, not the main part of the season or the substantial part of the season.

And we got the most points ever in a TFC season.

We definitely did not have a terrible season.

If people are throwing their toys out of their pram just because we didn't win "everything" this season then you really have a sense of entitlement that you just cannot have as a sports fan. The vast majority of sports teams do not win during a season, not even Chelsea or Man Utd or Barca or Real or Bayern win every season.

Some people should try and be a fan of Accrington Stanley or Torquay United or Didcot Town - and those team have fans that go EVERY week, and never ever see a winning team and will never ever win the Premiership. But do you see their fans leaving in droves when they don't win a season? No.

Toronto sports fans drive me insane sometimes!
    Maybe not terrible, but absolutely embarassing. We have the highest payroll in the league and were only able to limp into the BS joke final playoff spot.

Then the FO markets the shit out of it, like every single non-achievement all season. Cue flashback to Leiweke saying, "Don't you like Seba?", haha what an organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistically, I'm fine with the improvement. However, we ended on a real down note, that's what gets me.

If we won the last few games, looked a stable and much improved side and lost a competitive first round game I would have been happy with that.

With nycfc and Orlando not likely to be as bad next year we need to improve to keep ourselves in the playoff race.

It wasn't a joyless season by any means but we can do better. Agree with T-boy that some people are focusing only on the negative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Maybe not terrible, but absolutely embarassing. We have the highest payroll in the league and were only able to limp into the BS joke final playoff spot.

Then the FO markets the shit out of it, like every single non-achievement all season. Cue flashback to Leiweke saying, "Don't you like Seba?", haha what an organization.
    This achievement could fit right here:

Oops, never mind, appears no more room left.
    Last edited by starter; 10-30-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Well, I consider them mid table because if you ranked the table they are in the middle

If there were no playoffs, we wouldn't have a league trophy. We would consider the team a mid table one and asking what we could do to build it into a league leader.

With playoffs, the focus is on what do you do to get lucky to win a knock out game. Hides the fact that his is an average team with a bunch of other average teams.
    That's what mls is. It's a league of 12-14 mediocre teams and the rest, pretty horrible teams. If tfc had 3 more points this year they would have finished 3rd and hosted a playoff game. Until the salary cap goes up considerably we will have mediocre teams in a mediocre league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    And perhaps you can please stop with this $17 shit ... its a diff perspective, but doesn't change the facts, people are pissed right now, especially now. And all you are doing is parroting the official MLSE script response.
    Quite right, I should not have attacked attacked a fellow supporter. All for one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m10 minutes ago
    Average audience of 582,000 viewers on TSN/RDS the most ever for an MLS match. #TFC #IMFC

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 11m11 minutes ago
    Overall, 2.6 million unique viewers tuned in to watch a portion of last night's #TFC - #IMFC match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m10 minutes ago
    Average audience of 582,000 viewers on TSN/RDS the most ever for an MLS match. #TFC #IMFC

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 11m11 minutes ago
    Overall, 2.6 million unique viewers tuned in to watch a portion of last night's #TFC - #IMFC match.
    And imagine if it had been a competitive game, like the Portland KC match! Would have been a significantly higher average audience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow at least there is a bright side to that mess of a game for TFC, the TV ratings are a nice surprise, it just proves that this league can attract a few eyeballs on TV here in Canada, their might be hope after all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Wow at least there is a bright side to that mess of a game for TFC, the TV ratings are a nice surprise, it just proves that this league can attract a few eyeballs on TV here in Canada, their might be hope after all.
    Thats mostly TFC support and think of the $ we brought to Montreal ans Saputo stadium ......I find it amazing the disrespect financially TO fans get ....EG Jays ......would be nice with forward thinking someone actually went full hog on our franchise . They would be rewarded ! What are the accountants thinking ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but the ratings for the game where also good on French language TV, so not all TFC eyeballs, regardless a nice surprise in terms of TV ratings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh not surprised people couldnt stay tuned in....was some pathetic football being played....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a big missed opportunity. A lot of new fans tuning in the first time won't be too impressed with what they saw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back. There's really nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said about the TFC comedy show that is our defense and midfield creativity (or lack thereof).

I'm now 1-6 on TFC road games and 0-6 on road MLS games. I should probably stay home from now on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of people who are used to watching EPL top 5 walk all over EPL also rans will look at how Montreal played and go, "Wow, these MLS teams can play good. That was fun." The fact that one team was crap is just par for the course for most leagues.

There is a casual base for MLS that is big. And Canadian teams going deep into the playoffs will help.

Now, I hope CBUS crushes Montreal.

But I wouldn't mind seeing the Whitecaps make it to a final in New York.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think a lot of people who are used to watching EPL top 5 walk all over EPL also rans will look at how Montreal played and go, "Wow, these MLS teams can play good. That was fun." The fact that one team was crap is just par for the course for most leagues.

There is a casual base for MLS that is big. And Canadian teams going deep into the playoffs will help.

Now, I hope CBUS crushes Montreal.

But I wouldn't mind seeing the Whitecaps make it to a final in New York.

I hope a rather large Near Earth Object spins out of it's orbit and crushes Stade Shitputo. If that doesn't happen, I'm indifferent to the outcome. I do hope that neither wins the MLS cup as that would be just friggin' awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if Montreal get's solidly beaten by Columbus - it will tell us plenty about how far short we are as a team. Still depressed from Wednesday - it's like the team didn't give a damn. There was no urgency - they were playing like they knew there would be big changes in the off season. I'm curious to see what gets announced in the next few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Well if Montreal get's solidly beaten by Columbus - it will tell us plenty about how far short we are as a team. Still depressed from Wednesday - it's like the team didn't give a damn. There was no urgency - they were playing like they knew there would be big changes in the off season. I'm curious to see what gets announced in the next few weeks.
    Kei Kamara will eat their rotation of Cabrera/Lefevre for breakfast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - Kamara has something to prove. He is likely the league MVP. Carrying them through the playoffs will seal the deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Yeah - Kamara has something to prove. He is likely the league MVP. Carrying them through the playoffs will seal the deal.
    Nope. MVP is voted upon at the end of the season. Seba won that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nope. MVP is voted upon at the end of the season. Seba won that.
    With the current 12 team MLS playoff format, this MVP award is awarded way too early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    With the current 12 team MLS playoff format, this MVP award is awarded way too early.
    It's pretty standard across all major sports... MVP is for season performance. There is typically a separate award for playoff or finals MVP.

MLS awards an MVP for the MLS Cup match but I've always found it odd. I would think they would prefer awarding a playoff-long MVP because it gives the league another talking point going into the match they can use to drum up interest.

Also if they're gonna name the MVP after Landycakes they should create a playoff MVP and name it after DeRo.
    Last edited by notthesun; 11-01-2015 at 09:31 AM.