Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Eriq Zavaleta will probably go where his uncle Greg ends up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we can get Alex Anthopolous.. I hear he's looking for work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was waiting for the first "does AA know soccer" comment of the day....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think back to the best game of the year. For me it was just a few weeks ago against NYRB- the top team in the conference. Look at that lineup, and now look at ours today. I'm not saying that Bradley and Altidore should have been benched, but the players that played that game to fill in for all our missing starters have barely seen the pitch since.

Just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Well, that was the playoffs.
    TFC style, perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll pull out the Whitecaps scarf my brother sent me a few years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a late night at work. What did I miss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing tonight's game, Vanney and Bez should leave the club ASAP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I think I'll pull out the Whitecaps scarf my brother sent me a few years ago.
    To burn it I hope?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Gio bails and MLSE cashes in we can then have: The Edu memorial field AND the Gio memorial roof, the TFC legacies grow.....one day we will tell our kids that we had an MVP once and we sold him for a roof.....I guess the Edu memorial field won't last until next year though when the pseudo hybrid stuff arrives for the Argos to chew up and we can have yard lines on our field....something to look forward to for next year......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't blame the players....they are not good enough

Don't blame the coach ....he is in over his head

Blame Tim B and his so called scouts....absolutely horrid decision making on personnel
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Had a late night at work. What did I miss?
    Nothing. You have given Revenue Canada a few extra dollars in exchange for your sanity.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a fun year getting knocked out by Montreal in the first round of the Canadian championship. It's okay we will concentrate on the season. It was fun losing our last two games of the season to Columbus and Montreal our two rivals to finish .500 and 12th in the league out of 20. It's okay we made the "playoffs". It was fun in our "playoff" getting blown out 3-0 without one of our players so much as break a sweat on the road in Montreal. It's okay, on to the 10th season. We got knocked out by Montreal in all 3 competitions this year. We are embarrassing. Just embarrassing. It's disgusting. How we all watch these guys is beyond insanity I don't know how anyone on earth has the heart to attend a game next year. The one game that people probably watched tfc for one night and we embarrass ourselves. There is no silver lining

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    TFC sucks the life out of me. I was so angry after that first half but now I'm just ... defeated.

This team doesn't deserve its fans.
    This team could be a Harvard business school case study on what happens when an organization like mlse gives birth to an expansion team. Giovinco perhaps excepted, everything this organization had done with respect to this franchise in its 9 year existence is to pad the bottom line, rather than aspire to success on the field, including bilking loyal supporters at every turn possible. This franchise has been exemplary off the pitch, not so much on it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an embarrassment. Absolute shocker.

Every decision I hoped would be changed for this game was never made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    It was a fun year getting knocked out by Montreal in the first round of the Canadian championship. It's okay we will concentrate on the season. It was fun losing our last two games of the season to Columbus and Montreal our two rivals to finish .500 and 12th in the league out of 20. It's okay we made the "playoffs". It was fun in our "playoff" getting blown out 3-0 without one of our players so much as break a sweat on the road in Montreal. It's okay, on to the 10th season. We got knocked out by Montreal in all 3 competitions this year. We are embarrassing. Just embarrassing. It's disgusting. How we all watch these guys is beyond insanity I don't know how anyone on earth has the heart to attend a game next year. The one game that people probably watched tfc for one night and we embarrass ourselves. There is no silver lining
    Just ask leafs fans who spend thousands of dollars each year on season tickets and watch crap year after year like what we saw tonight.
    Last edited by Rochdale; 10-29-2015 at 08:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody ever see the Impact's one previous playoff game before this one? Comprehensively beaten by Houston away from home 2 years ago. Star players angry. Nobody played well. Impact fans angry calling for heads to roll and suggesting star players wouldn't stay.

Shit happens. We ran into this season's version of NER.

Fix the defence

Use cap in the the offensive area more wisely.

But for God's sake stop with the rolling chaos of change.

Still rather be here then in the Fire's position.

Yes I'm an optimist.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    Just ask leafs fans who spend thousands of dollars each year on season tickets to watch crap like what we saw tonight
    That's something I can never wrap my head around.
    Leafs tickets offer the worst value for your money in all professional sport.
    Clearly these tickets are owned by people with money to burn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Think back to the best game of the year. For me it was just a few weeks ago against NYRB- the top team in the conference. Look at that lineup, and now look at ours today. I'm not saying that Bradley and Altidore should have been benched, but the players that played that game to fill in for all our missing starters have barely seen the pitch since.

Just saying.
    This is bang on the team that beat NYRB should have started against Columbus. It should have only been changed by merit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    Just ask leafs fans who spend thousands of dollars each year on season tickets and watch crap year after year like what we saw tonight.
    But isn't this what Leafs fans have endured for decades....save a season here and there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Og - I instinctively agree with you..but look at Montreal. Humiliating loss to Montreal - Kloppas fired..Bernier redeemed Drogba fired up..Piatti playing DP level And they go on a roll.

TFC have never had a new coach bounce. What is wrong with this club - random luck would have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody ever see the Impact's one previous playoff game before this one? Comprehensively beaten by Houston away from home 2 years ago. Star players angry. Nobody played well. Impact fans angry calling for heads to roll and suggesting star players wouldn't stay.

Fix the defence

Yes I'm an optimist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    That's something I can never wrap my head around.
    Leafs tickets offer the worst value for your money in all professional sport.
    Clearly these tickets are owned by people with money to burn.

It is a puzzle that I have attempted to understand this way.... fans/followers of the Leafs in the GTA are not sports fans - they are members of a cult....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game was lost on sunday when we didn't secure a home playoff date. I think we all knew they would lose tonight. Vanney has to go. He should have realized 10 minutes in to this game we were being over run in mid field and should have made adjustments. Jackson should have been at right midfield with Morgan at right back. That would have solved the obvious mismatch on our right side.

Our DP's are fine, people need to calm down. Altidore scored 13 goals this year, why is everyone saying he needs to go. If he wasn't off at usmnt games this year he could have had 15 easily. This team can score goals (except tonight) it's the defense that needs sorting out.

Giovinco isn't going anywhere. He loves being here and playing for this team. Playoffs are a novelty to him I'm sure. Losing one "playoff" game isn't going to scare him off.

Impact have been the best team in mls the last 2 months, there is no shame in losing to them, it's the way that's rubbing me the wrong way. Montreal have a legitimate shot at winning it all.
    Last edited by habstfc; 10-29-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was probably the most listless performance of the season. No motivation whatsoever. That starts with the coach and the so called leaders of this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad that i didnt watch the game at all in fact i was driving to my soccer game while my girlfriend watching it on her phone. 6 out of 10 teams made it to playoff and we a the 6th team which mean we a in the bottom half. At least last year when Defoe is shit Gilberto step up... wtf fuck did Altidore did? Getting cards and bitch at the ref, thats all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ it's easy to explain - the lower bowl seats are mostly owned by corporations who use them to entertain clients who still get impressed by having sushi at a Leafs game - they are used as a tax deductible business expense. The season seats owned by individuals in the upper bowl sell for $45-$50 per ticket for purples and less than double that for Greens --- they sell off 30+ games to "scalpers/friends" at "face value" which is usually close to 2X what they actually paid and they go to ten games for little money or free. Everyone I know with Leafs seasons seats that are "regular" families does this (they don't go to 40 games a year!) --- they arent out any real money so they keep them and hope for one magical Stanley Cup run to make it all worthwhile....crazy as that notion is.....it's like having $10 TFC tickets, you can always get your money back or make a bit of profit to pay for the games you go to....the ROI is still high as people who go to one Leafs game a year as a "special treat" will still spend $100-$150 a seat - the STH pay much less than that in the upper bowl so their investment is protected. It's the individual game purchaser that really pays through the nose --- there's a reason Yellow and Light Greys are in demand (like Purples and Greens are at the ACC), you can get your money back on the low end seats....although raising Light Greys a few more times like this year might eliminate that soon too!!
    Last edited by tfcfans; 10-29-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there ever any doubt they would eff this opportunity.. So predictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    [sarcasm]But hey, we made the playoffs. This year is a success![/sarcasm]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need optimists tonight, so I will refrain from poking your balloon.

yet, I must quibble - fix the defence sure- if it means a new keeper and perhaps a trade for a right back - Morrow deserves a contract and the left back role.

The trouble with TFC is just as much lack of firepower as it is sloppy defending. If there was a team ever designed to win by surviving shootouts it was this one. Allow 3 goals and score 5. Trouble is that for September and October, other than Gio, the potential big scorers melted away. Even with a home game heavy schedule and games against lesser teams- Bradley, Altidore, Findley each scored one or two goals for the final two months of the year. Jason DeVos can talk all he wants about defenders and defending - equal time must be given to the feeble attack - shut out in their first playoff game, one goal from Altidore in that critical game in Montreal on the weekend, shut out by Columbus in the last home game. With the startling exception of the NYRB game, unless TFC was playing Col. Chicago, Philly or Orlando they were a team in recent months that could not score....

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Fix the defence

Yes I'm an optimist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better draft pick...the way we draft ,we should get a gem