Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    ^^^^ it's easy to explain - the lower bowl seats are mostly owned by corporations who use them to entertain clients who still get impressed by having sushi at a Leafs game - they are used as a tax deductible business expense. The season seats owned by individuals in the upper bowl sell for $45-$50 per ticket for purples and less than double that for Greens --- they sell off 30+ games to "scalpers/friends" at "face value" which is usually close to 2X what they actually paid and they go to ten games for little money or free. Everyone I know with Leafs seasons seats that are "regular" families does this (they don't go to 40 games a year!) --- they arent out any real money so they keep them and hope for one magical Stanley Cup run to make it all worthwhile....crazy as that notion is.....it's like having $10 TFC tickets, you can always get your money back or make a bit of profit to pay for the games you go to....the ROI is still high as people who go to one Leafs game a year as a "special treat" will still spend $100-$150 a seat - the STH pay much less than that in the upper bowl so their investment is protected. It's the individual game purchaser that really pays through the nose --- there's a reason Yellow and Light Greys are in demand (like Purples and Greens are at the ACC), you can get your money back on the low end seats....although raising Light Greys a few more times like this year might eliminate that soon too!!
    What on earth is a post like this this doing on a TFC forum ???????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This club is inept to the core. It needs a complete change, from president (is there one) who should know football, to the coach who again, should know football. Everything is right about TFC except for the fukcing organisation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scariest Haloween ever :@(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    At the end of last season, I said we needed to address the attacks coming from the side and every defensive position except Morrow.

I think we fixed the attack by getting two forwards who drift out wide.

And Osorio has been good on the left.

The right is still an issue.

And the defence baring Morrow.

Money spent on Moore, Findley and Gomez is money spent on 2 players we don't need.

We were relying upon Caldwell and Hagglund and Perquis eventually after he settled in.

We got 4 games of a settled in Perquis.

That's on Bez.
    Cheyrou was a good signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of Giovinco getting into altercation with fans. montreal fans are fucking scum.

https://twitter.com/SaddamAleikoum/s...09840488275972

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My queasiness is better, it probably was the food at Joe's, but seeing TFC play like that probably didn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking classless Impact supporter groups have been trying to attack TFC supporters on their way out of the stadium. I hope they make it out safely. They've been through enough tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I noticed tonight (and I am not a soccer aficionado), most teams are neutralizing our attack, particularly Giovinco, by clogging up the centre of the pitch, leaving TFC to rely upon the wingers to initiate anything useful. When Montreal attacked, our defenders were out of position and scrambling. Isn't this a coaching issue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    It is a puzzle that I have attempted to understand this way.... fans/followers of the Leafs in the GTA are not sports fans - they are members of a cult....
    Which rivals Jonestown in its misplaced loyalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't even know what to think about this match. On one hand, we can beat them at Saputo but historically, this is when we would fall to pieces. This could really go either way. I just hope that we come out with our A game and take it from there. Can't handle seeing anything like the NYRB fiasco from 2009 especially to these fuckers. That being said, we win this and I will enjoy it immensely.

You spoke for us all brother.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-29-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a pathetic showing. Vanney and Bez should be booted out, but Bez probably lives to see another day. Jose the pylon should be gone, and I wouldn't be sad to see Bradley move on. Who would want to pick up those contracts though. Other liabilities include: Findley, Kantari, Williams, Perquis, Moore. I consider myself a loyal and committed fan, but enough is enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts based on reading this article from Kristian Jack.

At the end of last season, I said we needed to address the attacks coming from the side and every defensive position except Morrow. I think we fixed the attack by getting two forwards who drift out wide. Seba is the best striker in the league and Jozy is in the top 10. And Osorio has been good on the left. The right is still an issue though.

However, the two attackers we have don't track back consistently (in the case of Altidore) or at all (Seba). That leaves our midfield having to do a lot of work. Osorio is good there, and Delgado, in spurts if he isn't being manhandled (boy needs to bulk up a bit). But a guy like Findley needs to be surrounded by competency in front and behind him to succeed. As for the central mids, I agree with Jack - Cheyrou doesn't cover enough ground anymore and isn't really a defensive minded player. Bradley needs a Beckerman type (not Beckerman). Or a Laba type (Laba ain't going to happen).

If we can find a decent right mid shuttler who can provide some defensive cover and a real DM minded person to connect with Bradley in the middle, we'll do better.

And the defence remains an issue baring Morrow. Money spent on Moore, Findley and Gomez is money spent on 2 players we don't need. And that money spent means we were relying upon Caldwell and Hagglund and Perquis eventually after he settled in. Well, out of all that, we got 4 games of a settled in Perquis.

That's on Bez.

Vanney - he got out coached today. On other days, he's out coached others (see the home NYRB game and, although it was a loss, the Seattle game with half our team missing). Everybody's suggestions get out coached occasionally (Bruce Arena last night for example). My issue isn't his tactics. My issue is his inability to make our defence better. At some point, Vanney has to take responsibility for a defensive back 4 that is the poorest in the league and did not get noticeably better. We were relying upon players having good form, rather then players making their base defensive capabilities better. Hagglund regressed to the point where he's not even on the bench. Williams did not get better. Kantari got worse (he's this year's Bradley Orr). And the inability of both Bez and Vanney to find us a proper RB was exposed at the beginning of the season with Creavalle and at the end with Jackson.

Future - I think Vanney might be fired if a better coach with a proven ability to meld a team is available. There was something in how Vanney handled the press tonight that just doesn't sound right.

I know Saputo would be firing him right now (and don't for a moment think that Montreal is on the way to continued long term success as long as that interventionist owner is around).

That could happen in the next few weeks or in July (see Klopp following Rogers at Liverpool). Just as long as it doesn't happen in December/January. But, I would suggest its more likely that Vanney is kept around then let go, simply because the new President values stability.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And that's that.

The season long real test resulted in a Mid table team.

The contrived MLS ticket selling test resulted in a lost Cup tournament game.

The mid table result is small progress though. I wouldn't care about the 1 game knock out. The real question is how we improve on the mid table result.
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-29-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Fucking classless Impact supporter groups have been trying to attack TFC supporters on their way out of the stadium. I hope they make it out safely. They've been through enough tonight.
    Stay classy Limpact. For the first time ever, I will say this: I hope Columbus destroys the opposition.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What crap is it that I hear about my fellow RPB family and other supporters led out of Saputo by security into essentially the darks woods only to have Ultra types waiting to jump them. Then the police proceeded to pepper spray and arrest some of our fellow supporters including RPB. When one of them is our boy Walms who does not have bad bone in his body who fell victim to this, shame on Montreal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davenport --- sorry I went on a winding rant about tickets and ROI, I was upset after tonight's game and was thinking about how MLSE keeps getting away with gouging fans of their various properties and getting away with it.....and yes, I'm one of those light grey folks whose tickets went up 42%.....not that I'm bitter or anything like that.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And not a single TFC reporter there talking about that or the bruhaha with Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually threw up after the game. Had a few drinks but wasn't drunk, not even close. Just felt fucking sick. Just one time in my fucking life I want to see a Toronto FC team in a must win game actually show up at the fucking ground and play instead of rolling over. I've no idea what the fuck Vaney was doing. I've no idea what Jozy was doing. I've no idea what our entire midfield was doing most of the game. Every time I think "that's it, TFC have punched me in the stomach as hard as they can, at least it won't happen again" it happens again. We are Charlie Brown. They (everyone) are Lucy. We'll never kick that fucking football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And not a single TFC reporter there talking about that or the bruhaha with Giovinco.
    why would they..they are a bunch of useless twats...all larsen cares about are his montreal groupies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Had a late night at work. What did I miss?
    Gangbang without as much as a lubricant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    What an absolute disaster of a season.

Whilst Giovinco no dount ived up to the hype, a cost of $$7,115,555 is questionable, however not as questionable as spunking away $11,250000 on Bradley and Altidore. Even the bit players are a complete waste of cash

Damien Perquis on $372,500, Robbie Findlay on $255,500, Cheyrou on $249,999.96, and Moore making $235,500. Kantari also reportedly in this bracket. Anyone who thinks Bez should still be in a job tomorrow needs their heads examinined

With that payroll a Conference Final is the least we should be expecting
    Agreed. For that kind of money any team in this league should be winning its conference. Vanney and Bez must go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Agreed. For that kind of money any team in this league should be winning its conference. Vanney and Bez must go.
    Neither NYRB or FCD spent any where near TFC or LA who also happened to bow out. Why do people bring up TFC as 6 th in east as a mid table team? True points wise but every team making the playoffs in both conferences with the exception of conference winners finished within a few points of each other. Are Columbus and DC any better than TFC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Are Columbus and DC any better than TFC?
    Both are managed better and succeed with less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Not feeling very good about my 42% increase in SSH cost for next year right now.
    come on, stop this percentage shit. You are going up to $17 dollars. For professional sports. Let's be fair. Lots of other things to bitch about, that's not one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts based on reading this article from Kristian Jack.

At the end of last season, I said we needed to address the attacks coming from the side and every defensive position except Morrow. I think we fixed the attack by getting two forwards who drift out wide. Seba is the best striker in the league and Jozy is in the top 10. And Osorio has been good on the left. The right is still an issue though.

However, the two attackers we have don't track back consistently (in the case of Altidore) or at all (Seba). That leaves our midfield having to do a lot of work. Osorio is good there, and Delgado, in spurts if he isn't being manhandled (boy needs to bulk up a bit). But a guy like Findley needs to be surrounded by competency in front and behind him to succeed. As for the central mids, I agree with Jack - Cheyrou doesn't cover enough ground anymore and isn't really a defensive minded player. Bradley needs a Beckerman type (not Beckerman). Or a Laba type (Laba ain't going to happen).

If we can find a decent right mid shuttler who can provide some defensive cover and a real DM minded person to connect with Bradley in the middle, we'll do better.

And the defence remains an issue baring Morrow. Money spent on Moore, Findley and Gomez is money spent on 2 players we don't need. And that money spent means we were relying upon Caldwell and Hagglund and Perquis eventually after he settled in. Well, out of all that, we got 4 games of a settled in Perquis.

That's on Bez.

Vanney - he got out coached today. On other days, he's out coached others (see the home NYRB game and, although it was a loss, the Seattle game with half our team missing). Everybody's suggestions get out coached occasionally (Bruce Arena last night for example). My issue isn't his tactics. My issue is his inability to make our defence better. At some point, Vanney has to take responsibility for a defensive back 4 that is the poorest in the league and did not get noticeably better. We were relying upon players having good form, rather then players making their base defensive capabilities better. Hagglund regressed to the point where he's not even on the bench. Williams did not get better. Kantari got worse (he's this year's Bradley Orr). And the inability of both Bez and Vanney to find us a proper RB was exposed at the beginning of the season with Creavalle and at the end with Jackson.

Future - I think Vanney might be fired if a better coach with a proven ability to meld a team is available. There was something in how Vanney handled the press tonight that just doesn't sound right.

I know Saputo would be firing him right now (and don't for a moment think that Montreal is on the way to continued long term success as long as that interventionist owner is around).

That could happen in the next few weeks or in July (see Klopp following Rogers at Liverpool). Just as long as it doesn't happen in December/January. But, I would suggest its more likely that Vanney is kept around then let go, simply because the new President values stability.
    "Jozy is in the top 10"?????? LOL! he's a COMPLETE WASTE of space.....apart from all his penalties all his other goals were TAP INS!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Both are managed better and succeed with less.
    I would say both got results in the last 10 days when they had to, and that is the only real difference. DCU is in a downtrend and CBus is one year from heading there too. As for less, that only applies to DP's. All teams spend pretty close to the cap. I was sooo hoping we'd be playing one of them this week if we didn't get a home game because I think we win that match.

BTW, I would also point out the tailspin NER has gone into was only righted for one game against NYCFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Didn't expect this. At minimum I thought we would have fight, the will to at least not be embarrassed. Not to go out like this. Fuck Vanney. fuck.

The he will to win comes from within. And the coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    "Jozy is in the top 10"?????? LOL! he's a COMPLETE WASTE of space.....apart from all his penalties all his other goals were TAP INS!!!

He's top 10 in goals scored this season.

Every team in the league (baring LAG) would take him in a heartbeat as a DP (forget his salary - that's an MLSE issue - he's a DP forward).

Is he perfect? Hell no! But for this league, he's darn good.

BTW, go back and look at the goals he scored. He's a power forward - OF COURSE HE DOES FREAKING TAP INS. That's what guys like him do.

Except he also scores goals like this one.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/42110

He's also 26 years old next season.

He's worth a DP slot and combines well with Seba. What he gets paid above the salary cap doesn't matter to me.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-29-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Playoffs --- catch the excitement --- enjoy your 42% increase!! Get your Seasons Tickets early!!

Come on dude, you are paying $17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Think back to the best game of the year. For me it was just a few weeks ago against NYRB- the top team in the conference. Look at that lineup, and now look at ours today. I'm not saying that Bradley and Altidore should have been benched, but the players that played that game to fill in for all our missing starters have barely seen the pitch since.

Just saying.
    yup. Been thinking the same.