Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the only positive note , why did Saputo give us a free beer on entry ? ALMOST made my day . Got my Impact toque ( gave it to a fan ) , and free team poster .....😷. My day is now complete , feel like a leaf fan .....💀

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Fair play to Vanney, BTW. He acknowledges that they came out of the dressing room on the back foot in his post match interview. And the TFC website credits the Montreal coach for his halftime talk....
    Great.......excuses , are flowing . It's a sport , you win or you lose . How demanding are we for a win ? Raise my ticket price please ! Returning on the train now and the last thing I need is a gee whiz we weren't ready . If they weren't ready ?????? Please
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-27-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely disappointed by this season. $25 million dollars, best player in the history of the league, and we qualify to the play-offs in place 6 in a group with 2 expansion teams. Not good enough. We'd have to be the least ambitious fans in the world to be okay with this result. Honestly, fire Vanney, and hire a proper, experienced coach. Enough with this bullshit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little perspective.

We played with little urgency after beating the best team in the league to clinch a playoff spot. I imagine we would have been a little better than 6th had it been win or go home.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can you say. Should have buried our first half chances when we had the chances. 6th place regardless of how "tight" the conference is, is still 6th place. In a conference with two expansion sides in the place of Houston and KC. No excuses. If it can go wrong......it will

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it just me or did anyone else notice Ciman come flying in with a bodycheck or a two foot slide at Giovinco every single time he had the ball? Some of those two foot slides looked like an intent to really injure but he ended up not getting contact luckily for Giovinco and TFC. I cringed a few times on those. Ref let them all go as far as I could see. I think he should have at least got a warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else notice Ciman come flying in with a bodycheck or a two foot slide at Giovinco every single time he had the ball? Some of those two foot slides looked like an intent to really injure but he ended up not getting contact luckily for Giovinco and TFC. I cringed a few times on those. Ref let them all go as far as I could see. I think he should have at least got a warning.
    I noticed that as well. There was one really obvious one, where if he would've connected he could've snapped ankles. Just because a guy doesnt make contact on a slide tackle like that doesn't mean there is no infraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to throw in, whoever brought that Gong in and hit it every time they missed an opportunity.... Bravo. You were the MVP last night. Couldn't stop laughing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just want to throw in, whoever brought that Gong in and hit it every time they missed an opportunity.... Bravo. You were the MVP last night. Couldn't stop laughing.
    Ya that was hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Some little creep L'impact supporter ran up after the and stole my scarf which unfortunately was draped not tied around my neck and ran off with it. If I'd have caught the fucker he'd have had a reminder of me this morning. I will never go to that shithole of a city ever again. Fuck the little Poutine eating C _ _ _ S.

Other than that, I think TFC played well enough to win, but just came up against a hot goalkeeper in Evan Bush and you cannot let Drogba recive those whipped in crosses into the box. Lets stick it to them on Thursday.
    I wouldn't let some punk ruin any trips returning to Montreal for an away game in the future just because he ran off with a scarf. Unfortunately travelling away days include shenanigans like this, we have experienced things in Montreal, Columbus and I believe DC United as well with fans fighting or trying to seal banners, scarfs exc. But its really been the minority and overall very little violence have happens in MLS. Things like this in some sort when travelling in Ultra mentality its bound to happen. Just be lucky we aint in some parts of Europe and South America , stealing scarfs and banners is this huge game to steal the most shit you can, out due and show off your stolen prizes to be the biggest and baddest Ultras in town, and give them some big knocks on the head while you are at it. Brush it off, we will be back in Montreal vs are rivals!!
    Last edited by james; 10-26-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed by this season. $25 million dollars, best player in the history of the league, and we qualify to the play-offs in place 6 in a group with 2 expansion teams. Not good enough. We'd have to be the least ambitious fans in the world to be okay with this result. Honestly, fire Vanney, and hire a proper, experienced coach. Enough with this bullshit!
    Season's not over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I wouldn't let some punk ruin any trips returning to Montreal for an away game in the future just because he ran off with a scarf. Unfortunately travelling away days include shenanigans like this, we have experienced things in Montreal, Columbus and I believe DC United as well with fans fighting or trying to seal banners, scarfs exc. But its really been the minority and overall very little violence have happens in MLS. Things like this in some sort when travelling in Ultra mentality its bound to happen. Just be lucky we aint in some parts of Europe and South America , stealing scarfs and banners is this huge game to steal the most shit you can, out due and show off your stolen prizes to be the biggest and baddest Ultras in town, and give them some big knocks on the head while you are at it. Brush it off, we will be back in Montreal vs are rivals!!
    I was just pissed off that's all, hell if the lad had of asked to trade I likely would have. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Season's not over.
    Very true. We can still win the thing of course. But overall I think this team could do better under more experienced leadership. That's all. But sure, we have a chance, and if Seba turns it on no one can stop us. Take Seba out of the picture and we're beyond ordinary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true. We can still win the thing of course. But overall I think this team could do better under more experienced leadership. That's all. But sure, we have a chance, and if Seba turns it on no one can stop us. Take Seba out of the picture and we're beyond ordinary.
    You can probably say that about most teams around the work - club football and international teams. And certainly about most MLS teams.

I just think we are on the brink of a VERY good season. The MLS is an extremely close league, even if you consider the money we have spent on a couple of players, the rest of the squad (not just first eleven, but SQUAD) have to be par. If Jackson's effort had gone in instead of hitting the post against the Crew we would have a home leg, its THAT close of a league.

If Vanney were to be replaced whoever comes in would want their players - I've never known a new coach come in and look at the squad and not completely overhaul it - it always happens. Coaches want THEIR players, they always do.

It's not like we are stone last anymore, we are in the mix. We don't need to completely overhaul anymore - that would just be a step backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was patient with Vanney at the beginning of the season because I understood it was a new team, new faces etc and it would take some time to get the team going in the right direction, although by May, after seeing many poor decisions, I was convinced he would be a burden to the team. Giovinco's success is masking all the weakness of the club. A lot of people here putting blame on our defense, when in reality, they are not receiving the proper support from midfield. Montreal over-ran the backline over and over again and Cheyrou and Bradley were nowhere to be found. I have no doubt that if the Reds lose on Thursday, Vanney will be the first person gone and rightfully so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I was patient with Vanney at the beginning of the season because I understood it was a new team, new faces etc and it would take some time to get the team going in the right direction, although by May, after seeing many poor decisions, I was convinced he would be a burden to the team. Giovinco's success is masking all the weakness of the club. A lot of people here putting blame on our defense, when in reality, they are not receiving the proper support from midfield. Montreal over-ran the backline over and over again and Cheyrou and Bradley were nowhere to be found. I have no doubt that if the Reds lose on Thursday, Vanney will be the first person gone and rightfully so.
    +1
    I don't think our defenders are that bad in the MLS context. It's more Vanney's inability to set the middle and defense properly, which always puts the the back four in situations where they make mistakes. Most defenders in the world would make mistakes eventually when they're so badly exposed.
    That being said, I also don't think Vanney should be fired without having an experienced coach lined up. It only makes sense to protect the investment in our DP's by hiring a coach of the same calibre. Until then, it's like asking a 401 commuter to drive a formula one car...
    Anyways, we really need to beat Montreal, otherwise this season will still feel somewhat like a failure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That bit where Williams tried to do a step over around Drogba at the top of our penalty area had nothing to do with support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but my point is still valid. In many other instances they were just simply exposed and unsupported. There is always ample space to maneuver in front and around our defence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That bit where Williams tried to do a step over around Drogba at the top of our penalty area had nothing to do with support.
    or Kantari's abysmal marking of Drogba
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drogba shouldn't have been allowed to even move way before he got close to Kantari. He had all the space he needed all the time. Marking Drogba was supposed to be a concerted effort, not just Kantari's job. Obviously, he shit the bed badly, but what do you expect? Drogba vs Kantari
    Last edited by marquis; 10-26-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If you are satisfied with this season then you are absolutely positively fucked in the head
    This, +1 million times!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely not just you, I think think Ciman's (and by extension Montreal's) gameplan was to injure Giovinco and take him out of the game, after the game against NYCFC most teams used that route to shut him down, MLS seems condone it for some reason.

I'm not usually a violent person but spent the game wishing someone would "accidentally" punch Ciman in the face.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It happened ! Some refs think it's rugby.....this will be the downfall of this league . Some lesser determined players than tough zGio would leave .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do expect from the mediocre league soccer...its a hack league.GIO will gone in 2017.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    If we play the typical flaccid "get it to Bradley even if it means moving the ball backwards" game that we played yesterday and many times this season, our playoff run ends Thursday night.
    When Bradley's not on the pitch or playing as an attacking MF, we dominate games. Why the fuck was he playing as a third centre back last night??
    Those tactical decisions are on Vanney and they are poor.
    We were a terrible side in the second half. Yet this is the team we've come to expect...inconsistent, tactically predictable and afraid to boss the game when it really matters.
    This is it really. Vanney's greatest flaw is that he tries to be too cute with his adjustments and makes unnecessary changes game-to-game.

Bradley in a double-pivot didn't work all of last season and hasn't this year. When he plays deeper, everybody from the back line to the midfield just defaults to passing him the ball and hoping he makes something happen. We need to stick to what has worked this season: Cheyrou staying deep, Bradley in front of him, Osorio and Delgado/Warner on the sides of the diamond. We play to our strengths: strong central midfielders, creating the most chances for Giovinco to do his thing.

It isn't a perfect formation, but it's the best we can do with the roster we have. Again Vanney and Bez deserve blame for the lack of options. We don't have a destroyer DM (Warner does a passable job), and zero true wide players. Newsflash: Findlay isn't one. Jackson is our best option but he's used up at RB (after their plan to put Creavalle there was a complete disaster). And let's not talk about the centrebacks.

All that said, we still have a chance to get it right. We need to focus our gameplan on Drogba (I'll take my chances with Piatti and the rest) and put our own superstar in the best position to succeed. We can absolutely beat Montreal.