Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Nice to dream. Right now, one has to pick either Columbus or Montreal winning the East based on current performance. We blew our opportunities and deserve 6th place.

I dont agree with this at all. We were totally dominant in the first half then decided to sit back. Giovinco, Bradley will be really motivated. I think we will win, not without anxious moments, but 3-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Just got home.

First I have to say it sucks that we lost...mega sucks actually, because of who we lost to, and the importance of the game. This is why you don't throw away home games like we did against Columbus.

But the atmosphere at the game was unreal! The intensity on the field was exactly what you want from a derby between these two teams. I have to say this must have been one of the most intense matches between these two teams that I have ever been to. And there have been many. Again, it sucks that we lost but the intensity on the field, plus a sold out stadium, with fans form both sides going crazy is what the sport needs to grow in this country.

Unfortunately, we had some idiotic Impact fans try to start fights with us during the march. We could not have taken a better path to our section from the metro, yet these idiots decided to throw smoke bombs at us. Then they decide to try to chase after the group and try to pick fights. I mean grow up. Big hand should go to the leaders of the group who prevented any of our fans from retaliating. The "we're better than that" calls, made me proud to march with the group. It could have gotten a lot worse had it not been for our fans turning the other cheek.

I am not saying we're perfect angels, but have we ever attacked another supporter group near BMO like that? Not that I know of.
    Great stuff.

the result was depressing. But now the lads have a chance for real glory. COYR! Miracle in Montreal II !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, it's not like the impact are known to be clutch, they have a history of flopping in big games too. They may have won today, but it's not over yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair play to Vanney, BTW. He acknowledges that they came out of the dressing room on the back foot in his post match interview. And the TFC website credits the Montreal coach for his halftime talk....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Fair play to Vanney, BTW. He acknowledges that they came out of the dressing room on the back foot in his post match interview. And the TFC website credits the Montreal coach for his halftime talk....
    All fair assessments, but I think the difference was a fired up Drogba who proved today that he may be the best player on the continent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we made the playoffs but I'm more pissed at TFC afternthat game than I was last year. After the Blue Jays we had a real opportunity to be a great story in Toronto. Now with the game away no one will give a shit. This was hard to take today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Attack the argument, not the person. Your friendly mod team.
    Apologies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Indeed, it's not like the impact are known to be clutch, they have a history of flopping in big games too. They may have won today, but it's not over yet.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what does clutch mean ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Jozy missing that sitter in the final minutes is reason enough to send him packing. .
    Are you talking about the tackle by Camara?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    TFC wouldn't have made the play-offs in the West. There is no way to sugar coat this season... .

Ok, so lets call this next line sour:

WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That wasnt Altidores fault. But, In the first half, when Finley crossed the ball into th box, both Altidore and Seba missed, and Altidore seems to have had the better chance to poke it in. Not sure what he was thinking, but that was a major screw up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    A joke, an absolute joke, a 42% increase in my light Greys?! For a 6th place one and done team without a home playoff game in 9 years.....renewals will be a treat outside of the yellows which is about what this team is worth. Enjoy 10,000+ empty seats next season at those prices and that performance. Next year is my last as a STH unless I actually see a home playoff game. I don't think one home playoff game every 10 years is too much to ask for as a supporter.....I can support them for much less money going forward as I'm sure they will keep increasing prices for this awesome product. Outside of Giovinco being an absolute gem this year to watch, there's not much else to hang my hat on this year as a supporter.....the team should apologize to Gio for not being good enough to play with him....
    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I agree, $17 a game is about what they are worth to me at the most and hence my renewal for next year, (you are also assuming Seba will be staying here long-term which I am less sure of if he keeps producing at this high level for another year or two and the team does not achieve decent results) --- its my last dance though as a STH if I don't see a playoff game in Toronto either this year or next, and if the tickets keep being priced in the wrong direction.....I assure you the tickets outside the light greys and yellows (Black, Med/Dark grey and beyond) are vastly over-priced for this product and will be available as season tickets to all those who want them as there is no value in seats at $30+ per game.....lots of Black level season seats available at $570 as we speak on TM....not likely to sell a bunch more after this season's 6th place result.....You could go on ticket trader and get seats for $20 or less for almost every game this year and sit where you want to some degree (lots of empties) - hard to justify spending $30+ a game for every game in advance......I've been a RPB since year One and will always support my team but the dollar value in having seats at $30 a ticket or more is not worth it for me......I bet if supporters seats were $325+ a seat it would eliminate a lot of people too....at $11.50 and even at $17, I admit that its not so tough to renew (although having a 42% increase while supporters get a 15% increase does not impress me much --- I used to have supporters seats and then when I had young kids I moved into light greys as they were more family friendly and still at a decent price point, obviously that concept isn't as important to the FO at the moment)....that's my rant, I'm sure others will disagree, but its hard to be impressed with a 6th place finish and a 42% price increase as a result, the FO knew if they pulled that crap with the supporters seats and jacked them up 42% there would have been a much bigger fit thrown, so it got dumped on the light greys instead....rant over.....
    I'm in the same boat, 42% increase for light grey, and I agree with you. At this point I don't even know if I'll renew my pair for 2016. I also realize TFC absolutely do not give a shit about that. They figure they can sell those light grey season seats to new SSH'ers for the current price, which is even higher.

I started with a Marlies ransom pack, then regular partial packs, then medium grey seasons, before light grey. I completely agree RE the value. When I had medium grey, I could never even get my own costs covered if I couldn't make a game and tried to sell my tickets. That was actually before the huge crash in TFC interest, and before the expansion -- so it's much worse now. I feel absolutely awful for the people that pay even more, but season tickets aren't really worth that much.

After the price drops & general malaise a few years ago, one of the promises they made was that they learned from the early excessive price increases, that in the future increases would be only gradual & reasonable. Yet they continued to overprice new season's tickets, and now the big jump for us. TFC/MLSE are a bunch of pathetic liars. I can guarantee you that's not the last price increase they have planned for light grey either, when you compare with the new upper east side prices.

It also ties in with tonight's game & the playoff picture, because the amount of ineptitude on & off the field with TFC is astounding. They tried the quick glamorous route with a massive payroll (which of course they're now charging back to us via ticket prices), and the results were marginal. Giovinco is amazing & money in the bank for the club. But outside of him, many players aren't worth what TFC is paying them. And/or TFC can't figure out how to use them to their potential. TFC continue to completely fail in getting decent players for decent prices from the US as well as south & central America. (Just one example, has anyone compared TFC's record for this year, when Bradley was playing or not playing?)

The team is so Jekyll & Hyde, it's incredibly frustrating. They have no backbone under adversity. For sure the defence needs to be better on Thursday -- but it's much more than that. TFC have been leaking goals at an incredible pace all season. Drogba with service is always going to score against MLS defenders. If TFC play like in the 2nd half today, then they can just forget about it. They couldn't control the ball; the midfield didn't protect the D or pressure the ball; they left Montreal tons of time & space for crosses; and up front they didn't finish their own chances.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-25-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He didn't shoot first time - hesitated and let Camera make a great tackle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Soccer is a non-contact sport ???????!!!!! Don't make me laugh. You know nothing of the game.
    I have played hockey, basketball, football and soccer at competitive levels. Soccer is by far the most physical. Non contact? What are you smoking?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was really hoping that we wouldn't be using the new 6th playoff seed spot but here we are. If it was last year we are out of the playoffs again. I really can't stand the way we can shut down defensively for parts of the game and kill all the positives of the rest of the game. Typical TFC style. I guess TFC can start the playoff ticket refund process for the first home game now. I really hope the next game we can out score our defensive collapses.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm in the same boat, 42% increase for light grey, and I agree with you. At this point I don't even know if I'll renew my pair for 2016. I also realize TFC absolutely do not give a shit about that. They figure they can sell those light grey season seats to new SSH'ers for the current price, which is even higher.

I started with a Marlies ransom pack, then regular partial packs, then medium grey seasons, before light grey. I completely agree RE the value. When I had medium grey, I could never even get my own costs covered if I couldn't make a game and tried to sell my tickets. That was actually before the huge crash in TFC interest, and before the expansion -- so it's much worse now. I feel absolutely awful for the people that pay even more, but season tickets aren't really worth that much.

After the price drops & general malaise a few years ago, one of the promises they made was that they learned from the early excessive price increases, that in the future increases would be only gradual & reasonable. Yet they continued to overprice new season's tickets, and now the big jump for us. TFC/MLSE are a bunch of pathetic liars. I can guarantee you that's not the last price increase they have planned for light grey either, when you compare with the new upper east side prices.

It also ties in with tonight's game & the playoff picture, because the amount of ineptitude on & off the field with TFC is astounding. They tried the quick glamorous route with a massive payroll (which of course they're now charging back to us via ticket prices), and the results were marginal. Giovinco is amazing & money in the bank for the club. But outside of him, many players aren't worth what TFC is paying them. And/or TFC can't figure out how to use them to their potential. TFC continue to completely fail in getting decent players for decent prices from the US as well as south & central America. (Just one example, has anyone compared TFC's record for this year, when Bradley was playing or not playing?)

The team is so Jekyll & Hyde, it's incredibly frustrating. They have no backbone under adversity. For sure the defence needs to be better on Thursday -- but it's much more than that. TFC have been leaking goals at an incredible pace all season. Drogba with service is always going to score against MLS defenders. If TFC play like in the 2nd half today, then they can just forget about it. They couldn't control the ball; the midfield didn't protect the D or pressure the ball; they left Montreal tons of time & space for crosses; and up front they didn't finish their own chances.
    Thanks Auzzy!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way --- I remember Ransom Packs and the like as well --- its a joke what the FO tries to get away with, they will gouge as long as they think they can (Raptors first round playoffs - $120+ for purples!, Leafs Regular Season games $125 for purples! - not shockingly the Leafs are rated the worst professional franchise in sports by ESPN yet again!), unfortunately for MLSE this is not the Leafs and they have a fragile market that does not fill their stadium (unlike a 19,000 seat building downtown that is accessible by subway) at the prices they set, yet they continue to treat this property like the Leafs where price and ROI has very little to do with results on the pitch (ice). Add in some football lines, a (likely) chewed up field, and jacked up prices for marginal performance (.500 record and 6th place), and that's with the MVP of the league on their team!. This is all despite the fact that there are 10,000 more seats than they can legitimately sell for most games, and its absolutely ridiculous to me that this is how they run their business --- and yes, I expect them to jack up the light greys (I'm in 220 within 10 rows of the top) to Black level prices by next year or so, and at that point I will be gone (I'm not worried that at $570+ a ticket that I won't be able to get back in whenever I want at those prices!), which is sad as I am someone that has been supporting this team since year one - anything at $20+ per game for those seats is ludicrous considering what we have been fed for the last 9 years.....I hope it doesn't come to this but at some point I just feel that I am throwing my money away year after year, and I would be better served by buying single games off of ticket trader as I see fit.....I would love to see what the renewal numbers are like for people outside of Yellow and Light Grey if (god forbid) they crap the bed on Thursday.....Unfortunately this is the worst case scenario, we were all afraid of what they would do to prices if they ever made the playoffs, and now we see, a 6th place .500 finish and a likely one and done road playoff exit gets us this.....good job MLSE, good job......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gong > Bell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a night to cool off and think about it. I have to say that was the most engaged stadium that I've ever attended, more than the Orlando game I saw at BMO field this year. TFC should take notes on how to engage an audience. Maybe adding the roof will help. That said, from where I sat, the TFC supporters sure brought it and I was impressed - how did you sneak the flares into the stands?

Overall, TFC looked like the better team on the night, even the Impact supporter sitting next to me said so. It's just that first 15 minutes of the second half you could see the momentum just shift in Montreal's favour. By the time TFC got it back, the damage was done.

I'm not sure if TFC will win or lose on Thursday - I think this will show if Vanney can make tactical adjustments in the field and his value as a coach.

This season has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Sure they made the playoffs, but only in the most ephemeral of senses. If they hadn't moved SKC to the West, TFC would be on the outside looking in. Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing home field was significant, especially when you consider Montreal's record at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole "we only made it because of the new spot/two expansion teams" talk really has to stop. We are clearly competitive and playoff worthy, just look at the points table. Rbny ahead at first and then 2-6 are in a clear cluster, only four points difference. 7th place is five points away.

Also, I dont here ANYONE belittling the red bulls top of the east/league because of the new expansion teams. If the new teams worked in our favour, it also did for for all the other eastern teams too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole "we only made it because of the new spot/two expansion teams" talk really has to stop. We are clearly competitive and playoff worthy, just look at the points table.
    It won't stop, because it's true. We fell short based on where the line was in previous years.

The fact that we were close to the line ... with the payroll we had, whoop de do. We went 2-9 on the road against good teams.

What part of "we're a 500 team and we only made it because they expanded the field" strikes you as unfair?

I'm rooting for the team Thursday, but this ain't success.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-26-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we play the typical flaccid "get it to Bradley even if it means moving the ball backwards" game that we played yesterday and many times this season, our playoff run ends Thursday night.
    When Bradley's not on the pitch or playing as an attacking MF, we dominate games. Why the fuck was he playing as a third centre back last night??
    Those tactical decisions are on Vanney and they are poor.
    We were a terrible side in the second half. Yet this is the team we've come to expect...inconsistent, tactically predictable and afraid to boss the game when it really matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole "we only made it because of the new spot/two expansion teams" talk really has to stop. We are clearly competitive and playoff worthy, just look at the points table. Rbny ahead at first and then 2-6 are in a clear cluster, only four points difference. 7th place is five points away.

Also, I dont here ANYONE belittling the red bulls top of the east/league because of the new expansion teams. If the new teams worked in our favour, it also did for for all the other eastern teams too.
    100%. 100%. I hate this coulda woulda shoulda stuff. We could also go down the route that the league is more competitive then ever, with a lot more talent then in years past. The degree of separation from 2-6 in both conferences is slim. Bringing up the payroll is tiresome as it only effect 3 players out of 18. Clearly we have issues. Are we going to make caveat when they added the 5th playoff spot in the past? How about when we had half the teams as compared to now?

But you know what? We made the fucking playoffs. I don't care how, we did it. We have the monkey off our back.

We have a chance against a team we can beat. All I wanted as a fan was to have a chance during the most important part of the season. Anything can happen this Thursday. I am excited. Make no mistake, making the playoffs tied in with the beauty goal from Seba was the biggest moment for me in our history. Now this game v the Impact is the next biggest.

All teams but one leave the playoffs in disappointment of not being able to finish in big games. We have never been in this position so lets enjoy it and bring everything we have for Thursday.

Kantari crapped the bed for us this past game. Is Zavaleta in for Kantari the answer? Williams looked solid, Morrow is a given and Jackson is our best RB option. Kantari has more experience but Zavaleta from what I can recall this year has been mostly solid? I am sure we can bring up his stinkers but maybe he is the best option in the center.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eastern standings were as close as I can ever recall, but even though we were a draw away from having home field advantage, the bottom line is that we needed that extra playoff spot to qualify, which is hardly an accomplishment for this club considering the roster and the payroll.

The script can certainly change in the playoffs though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It won't stop, because it's true. We fell short based on where the line was in previous years.

The fact that we were close to the line ... with the payroll we had, whoop de do. We went 2-9 on the road against good teams.

What part of "we're a 500 team and we only made it because they expanded the field" strikes you as unfair?

I'm rooting for the team Thursday, but this ain't success.
    We would have made it in the last two years based on having more wins with the same amount of points I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    We would have made it in the last two years based on having more wins with the same amount of points I believe.
    This is a question where there are multiple legit points of view. I get that taking the more negative view is a bummer right now. I will wait for the post season to pick it back up - hopefully that is a while away!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parity is a funny thing, even for expansion teams. NYC and esp Orlando competed hard and showed they weren't slouches, even in their first year.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I have played hockey, basketball, football and soccer at competitive levels. Soccer is by far the most physical. Non contact? What are you smoking?
    I was being sarcastic, hence the many question and exclamation marks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some little creep L'impact supporter ran up after the and stole my scarf which unfortunately was draped not tied around my neck and ran off with it. If I'd have caught the fucker he'd have had a reminder of me this morning. I will never go to that shithole of a city ever again. Fuck the little Poutine eating C _ _ _ S.

Other than that, I think TFC played well enough to win, but just came up against a hot goalkeeper in Evan Bush and you cannot let Drogba recive those whipped in crosses into the box. Lets stick it to them on Thursday.
    Last edited by Derko; 10-26-2015 at 10:14 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    The bottom line is we only had to worry about covering one guy - and couldn't do it as he scored twice, hit a crossbar and missed another rocket

The entire back line, including Perquiz are not MLS calibre
    True and this has been since day 1 , this season .