Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    To be fair, ref allow Montreal players to really get physical with Giovinco today, but even then, Giovinco found ways to contribute.

The key would be ref because I feel like if we get ref who calls a lot of fouls, then TFC would benefit more than Montreal.
    Do you know anything about the game ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it sucks Drogba and the Limpact beat our side today early in the second half, and that our side has to play the knockout game against the same Drogba/Limpact side in Montreal this mid week.

But here's how I see it:

WE GOT 'EM WHERE WE WANT THEM! WE WILL SEE SEBA POT IN A BUSHEL AGAINST THE LIMPACT IN FRONT OF THEIR ARROGANT PIECE OF SHIT FANS ON THEIR OWN HOME TURF THIS WEEK AS TFC WILL KICK THE LIMPACT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS ON THEIR WAY TO THE TITLE!

IF YOU AIN'T RED, THEN YER BETTER OFF DEAD! T-F-C FOR LIFE!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    To be fair, ref allow Montreal players to really get physical with Giovinco today, but even then, Giovinco found ways to contribute.

The key would be ref because I feel like if we get ref who calls a lot of fouls, then TFC would benefit more than Montreal.
    There have been several games where he was physically manhandled, including last Saturday. The refs are allowing it more often, than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    He's actually spot on.

Referee thought this was a hockey game and letting everything go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    If the Impact keep attacking Kantari, we will be clobbered.
    They didn't attack Kantari directly. They attacked the left - Jackson on a red and a defensive liability in Findly. They like to use pace on the wings to get balls in and rely upon Drogba's ingenuity and strength. Our issue was that for 15 minutes we let them get balls in. Need more discipline. And, we let them do what DeVos said we were not letting them do in the first half - have their offensive minded 3 behind Drogba get on the ball.

I'd like to see Delgado midweek. He's way better at holding the ball then Findley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ref was excellent today...he's up for MLS ref of the year and you can see why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    He's actually spot on.

Referee thought this was a hockey game and letting everything go.
    Hate to say it, but the ref did well. BTW, I do want TFC to win it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The ref was excellent today...he's up for MLS ref of the year and you can see why.
    yes +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    No it never is.

Team is good, only needs a couple key pieces in D.
    Yes, the D made errors, but that wasn't the issue. They went into the dressing room on the front foot with the edge in play, almost dominant, despite the referee never calling the fouls on Gio. They came out of half time in a defensive shell, on the back foot. That's on the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    A joke, an absolute joke, a 42% increase in my light Greys?! For a 6th place one and done team without a home playoff game in 9 years.....renewals will be a treat outside of the yellows which is about what this team is worth. Enjoy 10,000+ empty seats next season at those prices and that performance. Next year is my last as a STH unless I actually see a home playoff game. I don't think one home playoff game every 10 years is too much to ask for as a supporter.....I can support them for much less money going forward as I'm sure they will keep increasing prices for this awesome product. Outside of Giovinco being an absolute gem this year to watch, there's not much else to hang my hat on this year as a supporter.....the team should apologize to Gio for not being good enough to play with him....
    You are paying less than twenty dollarsa game, even with the increase. To watch Seba eighteen or nineteen times. Ok, the percentage increase is steep but the actual price is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm not sure the next ref is going to be so lenient to Ciman - that he didn't get a yellow was shocking. Kelly usually stamps out things like that - it was easily his worst game I've seen him ref.

As for our defence, its porous and needs fixing for next season. But, what really hurt is at the beginning of that second half was the midfield sitting back and not pressuring the ball. All 4 of our mids were way to laid back for the first 10 minutes of that half. As the Impact targetted Findley for all that time, I'm not surprised. If our midfield can't get a hold of the ball, our defence will not hold.
    Absolutely bang on. Why did they sit back? Did vanney tell them to?
    If so, it's on him. If not, it's on him because whatever the instructions were, they were not followed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. He was crap. Soccer is a non-contact sport, you cannot shove players to the ground with 2 arms.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i agree the whole team should apologize to giovinco for letting him down and mlse should lick his boots in trying to convince him to stay with this pathetic fucken team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Yeah, it sucks Drogba and the Limpact beat our side today early in the second half, and that our side has to play the knockout game against the same Drogba/Limpact side in Montreal this mid week.

But here's how I see it:

WE GOT 'EM WHERE WE WANT THEM! WE WILL SEE SEBA POT IN A BUSHEL AGAINST THE LIMPACT IN FRONT OF THEIR ARROGANT PIECE OF SHIT FANS ON THEIR OWN HOME TURF THIS WEEK AS TFC WILL KICK THE LIMPACT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS ON THEIR WAY TO THE TITLE!

IF YOU AIN'T RED, THEN YER BETTER OFF DEAD! T-F-C FOR LIFE!!!
    Yep COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Nope. He was crap. Soccer is a non-contact sport, you cannot shove players to the ground with 2 arms.
    Soccer is a non-contact sport ???????!!!!! Don't make me laugh. You know nothing of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Fucking Michael Bradley is not a big game player. There. I fucking said it. He tries too hard and kills the momentum when we're trying to catch up.
    Agreed When Bradley plays the whole team forgets who the star is ! Was Gio fed at all . At least Montreal unabashedly knows where their paycheque comes from Drogba !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very tempted to fire Vanney, Bradley, and Altidore this week. How slow was Alti on that chance from Gio..first time shot FFs
    I'd agree ! Please save me from the Maple Leaf curse ! Haven't got 50 years to be a 'caring fan' .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Agreed When Bradley plays the whole team forgets who the star is ! Was Gio fed at all . At least Montreal unabashedly knows where their paycheque comes from Drogba !
    It's not the team's fault Bradley often plays like the 4th most important player in midfield. If we had Xavi and Iniesta out there, great, go ahead and dink around little 2-3 yard balls and defer to other guys. But as it stands he needs to force the game a little bit more and take more responsibility. It's rediculous when Osorio plays the pocket, Cheyrou drops deep and Michael Bradley is just another player out there.

I missed a large chunk of this one due to a men's league putting but dear god... That first ball Findley put across goal where Altidore was flat footed and the second header Findley missed off the gio cross... I know it's MLS and all but you have to finish that shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    We would actually would have had enough points this year to make it to last year's playoffs. We wouldn't have made it though because of GD or head-to-head with SKC (not sure what is the tie breaker)
    Don't give facts! The "official narrative" is that we got in only because of the 6th place .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You are paying less than twenty dollarsa game, even with the increase. To watch Seba eighteen or nineteen times. Ok, the percentage increase is steep but the actual price is not.
    I agree, $17 a game is about what they are worth to me at the most and hence my renewal for next year, (you are also assuming Seba will be staying here long-term which I am less sure of if he keeps producing at this high level for another year or two and the team does not achieve decent results) --- its my last dance though as a STH if I don't see a playoff game in Toronto either this year or next, and if the tickets keep being priced in the wrong direction.....I assure you the tickets outside the light greys and yellows (Black, Med/Dark grey and beyond) are vastly over-priced for this product and will be available as season tickets to all those who want them as there is no value in seats at $30+ per game.....lots of Black level season seats available at $570 as we speak on TM....not likely to sell a bunch more after this season's 6th place result.....You could go on ticket trader and get seats for $20 or less for almost every game this year and sit where you want to some degree (lots of empties) - hard to justify spending $30+ a game for every game in advance......I've been a RPB since year One and will always support my team but the dollar value in having seats at $30 a ticket or more is not worth it for me......I bet if supporters seats were $325+ a seat it would eliminate a lot of people too....at $11.50 and even at $17, I admit that its not so tough to renew (although having a 42% increase while supporters get a 15% increase does not impress me much --- I used to have supporters seats and then when I had young kids I moved into light greys as they were more family friendly and still at a decent price point, obviously that concept isn't as important to the FO at the moment)....that's my rant, I'm sure others will disagree, but its hard to be impressed with a 6th place finish and a 42% price increase as a result, the FO knew if they pulled that crap with the supporters seats and jacked them up 42% there would have been a much bigger fit thrown, so it got dumped on the light greys instead....rant over.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy missing that sitter in the final minutes is reason enough to send him packing. He brings nothing to the team. Most of his goals are sitters and he does not justify being paid 6M. Hell, Gomez would have had the same amount of goals if he started the season, and having Seba deliver balls on a silver platter, for a fraction of the cost.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soccer is a non-contact sport ???????!!!!! Don't make me laugh. You know nothing of the game.
    Attack the argument, not the person. Your friendly mod team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes, the D made errors, but that wasn't the issue. They went into the dressing room on the front foot with the edge in play, almost dominant, despite the referee never calling the fouls on Gio. They came out of half time in a defensive shell, on the back foot. That's on the coach.
    Always !Someone thinks we have a team that can hold a lead .......jokes .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would actually would have had enough points this year to make it to last year's playoffs. We wouldn't have made it though because of GD or head-to-head with SKC (not sure what is the tie breaker)
    First tiebreak is number of wins so we would have made it last year and the year before with this record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home.

First I have to say it sucks that we lost...mega sucks actually, because of who we lost to, and the importance of the game. This is why you don't throw away home games like we did against Columbus.

But the atmosphere at the game was unreal! The intensity on the field was exactly what you want from a derby between these two teams. I have to say this must have been one of the most intense matches between these two teams that I have ever been to. And there have been many. Again, it sucks that we lost but the intensity on the field, plus a sold out stadium, with fans form both sides going crazy is what the sport needs to grow in this country.

Unfortunately, we had some idiotic Impact fans try to start fights with us during the march. We could not have taken a better path to our section from the metro, yet these idiots decided to throw smoke bombs at us. Then they decide to try to chase after the group and try to pick fights. I mean grow up. Big hand should go to the leaders of the group who prevented any of our fans from retaliating. The "we're better than that" calls, made me proud to march with the group. It could have gotten a lot worse had it not been for our fans turning the other cheek.

I am not saying we're perfect angels, but have we ever attacked another supporter group near BMO like that? Not that I know of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    First tiebreak is number of wins so we would have made it last year and the year before with this record.
    Neat!

Well I really want to see us knock them out at saputo. I think we can, they hit the bar twice, we hit it once and had two sitters missed along with making Bush make at least one big save. Stats show we didn't do so terribly.

All we need is Giovinco to get in the game and its ours. Hell our mo should be to just get gio dribbling in and around the box, Ciman's itching to give away a pk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat!

Well I really want to see us knock them out at saputo. I think we can, they hit the bar twice, we hit it once and had two sitters missed along with making Bush make at least one big save. Stats show we didn't do so terribly.

All we need is Giovinco to get in the game and its ours. Hell our mo should be to just get gio dribbling in and around the box, Ciman's itching to give away a pk.
    Nice to dream. Right now, one has to pick either Columbus or Montreal winning the East based on current performance. We blew our opportunities and deserve 6th place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our bed was made with the loss at home vs Columbus. No way around that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Vancouver coming in second place with a solid win off the back of a mid-week away trip to Central America. Carl Robinson has put a very good team together and know how to motivate.

TFC wouldn't have made the play-offs in the West. There is no way to sugar coat this season... watching Giovinco made it better than the previous seasons..but his talent has been wasted. I'll be surprised if we can hold on to him.

That Montreal sign on the Argos at BMO really left me cold. By the time we have a home play-off game the field will have gridiron markings. Depressing gah.