Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in Lala dreamland if you think we will win mid-week away against anyone when it counts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do lead the league in excuses!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we get ticket for playoff game on Wednesday/Thursday in Montreal?????? anyone going to make the trip for first playoff game ever????

We will get an away section like we did tonight???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 years to wait for TFC to get into the playoffs. 8+ years to wait to see TFC play a playoff game at home. #fml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league wants us to get a home playoff game, and I think partially because of that we will beat Limpact in the mid-week game.

Beyond that, good luck with NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ya, how do we get tickets for the game midweek lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Some of you sound crazy - we want playoffs, now we don't have a home game and we fire people? I'm glad you aren't my bosses!
    Good thing the league changed the rules this year, or we wouldn't have playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are satisfied with this season then you are absolutely positively fucked in the head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting eliminated by Montreal of all teams? We better win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two huge chances to tie that up - Bradley missing a sitter off the bar and Altidore slow as molasses in the yard box.

Bezbetchenko and Vanney's failure to sort out the centreback positions have blown this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With our away record i seriously doubt tfc will beat montreal later this week! And yes our defence is pathetic,Vanney not a big fan of him, but i think he will be our coach next year! Its too bad that end of the season is looking like its ending on a sour note!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    So, without the new playoff structure, we'd have missed out again, right? Not quite the improvement I was hoping for. Is it possible Toronto can go into the next game against Montreal with a little extra spark as they look for redemption? God, I hope so.
    Correct. Last year in 6th we would have been out of the playoffs. Considering the talent we have in this team, sixth is a bitter pill to swallow, even though we are in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    With our away record i seriously doubt tfc will beat montreal later this week! And yes our defence is pathetic,Vanney not a big fan of him, but i think he will be our coach next year! Its too bad that end of the season is looking like its ending on a sour note!
    Like so much of our season, it will depend if Seba can lift this team on his shoulders or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 2010 we finished 5th, but missed out on playoffs due to formatting that favoured overall points over conference standing. We finished 6th in the conference this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would actually would have had enough points this year to make it to last year's playoffs. We wouldn't have made it though because of GD or head-to-head with SKC (not sure what is the tie breaker)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this fucking team doesn't make it easy.
    What a hallow victory. Totally justifies a price increase.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'd much rather be Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll win the mid-week game and win or draw our home playoff game, but not push beyond that on aggregate vs NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know Altidore is a fookin donkey compared to Drogba. How does their money compare ?

Findlay must have something on Vanney to get so much playing time. Give Moore a chance FFS!!!!!

We had the 4 worst players on the pitch today, that's why we lost and why we will lose in the week.

Vanney cannot set up a defence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the positive, all pressure will be on Montreal not Toronto now to win on Wednesday/Thursday.

Besides that, we're playing against in-form Montreal team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If you are satisfied with this season then you are absolutely positively fucked in the head
    Then I'm fucked in the head.

Why?

Cause I remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl093n8Bm3Q

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Correct. Last year in 6th we would have been out of the playoffs. Considering the talent we have in this team, sixth is a bitter pill to swallow, even though we are in.
    Montreal have figured out how to limit Giovinco's opportunities, and we need to figure out how to stop Drogba, or the season will end this Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said before this game, whatever you do, you do not want Toronto to have to play on the road, MLS teams struggle on the road more then any other pro sport in USA/Canada. Home is huge advantage, and Toronto is probably the worst team in the passed 9 years on the road, meaning we have a tiny chance of winning a playoff game on the road.

That said, I would love to go to this game, our first playoff game ever. And I am pissed off Toronto lost and really fell apart for about the first 20 mins of the 2nd half and that is what made us lose. Other then that, it was a dam exciting game. Most MLS action can get a bit boring sometimes, but that was dam exciting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    We all know Altidore is a fookin donkey compared to Drogba. How does their money compare ?

Findlay must have something on Vanney to get so much playing time. Give Moore a chance FFS!!!!!

We had the 4 worst players on the pitch today, that's why we lost and why we will lose in the week.

Vanney cannot set up a defence
    Finley was very good in the first half, and his replacement, Mr Hercules, hardly touched the ball when he came on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A joke, an absolute joke, a 42% increase in my light Greys?! For a 6th place one and done team without a home playoff game in 9 years.....renewals will be a treat outside of the yellows which is about what this team is worth. Enjoy 10,000+ empty seats next season at those prices and that performance. Next year is my last as a STH unless I actually see a home playoff game. I don't think one home playoff game every 10 years is too much to ask for as a supporter.....I can support them for much less money going forward as I'm sure they will keep increasing prices for this awesome product. Outside of Giovinco being an absolute gem this year to watch, there's not much else to hang my hat on this year as a supporter.....the team should apologize to Gio for not being good enough to play with him....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finley very good ?? I must have missed that when I went to the fridge. Hercules ?????

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Montreal have figured out how to limit Giovinco's opportunities, and we need to figure out how to stop Drogba, or the season will end this Thursday.
    I'm not sure the next ref is going to be so lenient to Ciman - that he didn't get a yellow was shocking. Kelly usually stamps out things like that - it was easily his worst game I've seen him ref.

As for our defence, its porous and needs fixing for next season. But, what really hurt is at the beginning of that second half was the midfield sitting back and not pressuring the ball. All 4 of our mids were way to laid back for the first 10 minutes of that half. As the Impact targetted Findley for all that time, I'm not surprised. If our midfield can't get a hold of the ball, our defence will not hold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    To be fair, ref allow Montreal players to really get physical with Giovinco today, but even then, Giovinco found ways to contribute.

The key would be ref because I feel like if we get ref who calls a lot of fouls, then TFC would benefit more than Montreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Looking at the positive, all pressure will be on Montreal not Toronto now to win on Wednesday/Thursday.

Besides that, we're playing against in-form Montreal team.
    If the Impact keep attacking Kantari, we will be clobbered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He distributed the ball well in the first half, then disappeared in the second.....Finley