Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    called the club. was told that they will be emailing us this week with the option of either crediting to our account or getting a full refund. all we have to do is to respond to email either way.
    Still waiting on the e-mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    Still waiting on the e-mail.
    Something tells me that they're going to wait until after renewals deadline - I don't know why.

I plan on asking for a refund even though I plan on renewing, because I don't want to give TFC a cent over the minimum installment payment I have to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Something tells me that they're going to wait until after renewals deadline - I don't know why.

I plan on asking for a refund even though I plan on renewing, because I don't want to give TFC a cent over the minimum installment payment I have to make.
    Depending on where your seats are located, it could be few dollars less then the minimum payment required.

My seat renewal was 190, my cost on seats for playoffs was 180...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally received email about tickest for SSH:

As a result of Toronto FC not hosting a Playoff match, your Playoff tickets for home matches 1 & 2 will be refunded back to you in the same manner in which they were paid for. Credit card refunds will be processed within 3-4 weeks. Cheques will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.
    If you would like to transfer your money spent on Playoff tickets towards your 2016 Season Seat renewals, please e-mail us here service@torontofc.ca or call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625) before our Friday, November 6th deadline.

If you have paid for your 2016 Season Seats in full, no action is required on your end and a full refund will be processed.

I'd get nervous trying to apply the credit towards 2016 - in a completely manual process, too easy for someone to screw up.

3-4 weeks for a refund? That's 4-5 weeks after they knew the games were cancelled. Not acceptable. They must be sitting on over a million dollars of payments. That's a month's extra interest on a million dollars in their bank accounts. Meanwhile my VISA payment is due in 2 weeks, and if they don't credit before that, I have to pay more $$$ to VISA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

As a result of Toronto FC not hosting a Playoff match, your Playoff tickets for home matches 1 & 2 will be refunded back to you in the same manner in which they were paid for. Credit card refunds will be processed within 3-4 weeks. Cheques will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.
    If you would like to transfer your money spent on Playoff tickets towards your 2016 Season Seat renewals, please e-mail us here service@torontofc.ca or call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625) before our Friday, November 6th deadline.

If you have paid for your 2016 Season Seats in full, no action is required on your end and a full refund will be processed.

I'd get nervous trying to apply the credit towards 2016 - in a completely manual process, too easy for someone to screw up.

3-4 weeks for a refund? That's 4-5 weeks after they knew the games were cancelled. Not acceptable. They must be sitting on over a million dollars of payments. That's a month's extra interest on a million dollars in their bank accounts. Meanwhile my VISA payment is due in 2 weeks, and if they don't credit before that, I have to pay more $$$ to VISA.
    That refund period grinds my gears because that is an insanely long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

Took them 2-3 days to process my Visa but 3-4 weeks to refund.......hahahahaha
    All I can really do is laugh right now....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of my old boss. He used to withhold our pay sometimes for a week or so and say he was too busy to write cheques. Sometimes he held it for a couple weeks and then I would freak out. His response was that him collecting interest on that money in his account was better than me wasting it in mine. I feel that the sentiment is similar in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This reminds me of my old boss. He used to withhold our pay sometimes for a week or so and say he was too busy to write cheques. Sometimes he held it for a couple weeks and then I would freak out. His response was that him collecting interest on that money in his account was better than me wasting it in mine. I feel that the sentiment is similar in this case.
    Did you end up doing any time for strangling him to death?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC draws fire for speed of playoff ticket refunds

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-draws-fire-for-speed-of-playoff-ticket-refunds/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I love how the focus of the MLSE response is on the communication ....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did anyone get a letter in the mail today from Toronto fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    did anyone get a letter in the mail today from Toronto fc
    Ya was strange, it was a letter then an account summary with options to pay. I ALREADY PAID!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Ya was strange, it was a letter then an account summary with options to pay. I ALREADY PAID!!!
    I get that stupid crap every year after I paid. That whole ticketing office is a joke. The management should be fired because it's awful. If any real big business was run so haphazardly or with so little PR tact it'd be torn up and shat out by the public. They're fortunate that a lot of us love the team and will put up with their shit to go to matches and that the rest are just suckers for punishment (or both).

The team and league improved a lot since 2007 but our ticketing office is as bad or worse than ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way MLSE have treated fans since day 1 is beyond belief, but each year l continue to renew my season tickets. I love to know if MLSE treat their employees like they treat their fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say this: I'm happy with the money they're shelling out for DP's. Honestly, it makes all the difference for me. Giovinco was such a joy for me this year that I really don't have an issue with renewing. I would have anyway - just because I need (even when they were shit) to watch live football. My point is that at least they are spending. A LOT! Most of any team in the league. So at least I give them that. But yeah, they should definitely not be worse than the Blue Jays in doing these refunds. Similar. If they can do it, so can we.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    The way MLSE have treated fans since day 1 is beyond belief, but each year l continue to renew my season tickets. I love to know if MLSE treat their employees like they treat their fans.
    I've worked for them for over 4 years and have no complaints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Already received my refund, but then again I'm not a SSH and so didn't book through account manager? That is BS that some people will have to wait 3-4 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With losing my seats in the North end, I am wondering when I will get a chance for seat relocation. Will it be online or like previous years where we were able to go to the stadium and physically see what was available?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    With losing my seats in the North end, I am wondering when I will get a chance for seat relocation. Will it be online or like previous years where we were able to go to the stadium and physically see what was available?
    I asked that question - apparently it will be near the end of the month which probably means December based on previous history. The default will be online but if you really want to they will let you go to the stadium but by then I'm sure any decent seats will be taken.

Also on the refund front my ticket rep tells me that they won't start processing refund until next week as they have to wait for the deadline to apply these funds to ssh renewal on Friday. So me telling her I want a refund 7 days ago doesn't count for anything... They apparently have 8000 accounts to process refunds on manually which if you do the math of 8000 * 2 tickets per account (conservative) * 2 games * $50 average per ticket = $1.6m... Not a small sum of money to be sitting on.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The past 2 years for me I have had a horrible experience with MLSE customer service. As a STH from day 1, I am so close to close to calling it quits after 9 years after such a bad experience, and it hasn't ended yet.

I called a few times over the past few weeks to renew my seats, and to remove 2 out of the 8 I have. The new account rep I have, kept on saying he was busy, and my account was complicated and he'd get back to me. He assured me by phone that even if I renew after November 6th, I would still get the preferred pricing. I called last week to see if he could roll over my playoff refund into the payment plan, and he said he couldn't do it yet.

Today I emailed him, and he said he'll get it done. He processed the renewal supposedly, but it charged my credit card which put my credit card in overdraft. My playoff tickets refund more than would of covered my first installment, with some leftover for the second payment. I still am in limbo to what is going on, as my credit card is showing a pending payment, but I don't see any renewal in my account manager. This is very frustrating for me, and I am close to telling them I don't want my 6 seats anymore - they would be losing a $2,500 a year customer. Does anyone have a contact email of someone at head office that can help. I have a feeling my account rep has no clue what they are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    The past 2 years for me I have had a horrible experience with MLSE customer service. As a STH from day 1, I am so close to close to calling it quits after 9 years after such a bad experience, and it hasn't ended yet.

I called a few times over the past few weeks to renew my seats, and to remove 2 out of the 8 I have. The new account rep I have, kept on saying he was busy, and my account was complicated and he'd get back to me. He assured me by phone that even if I renew after November 6th, I would still get the preferred pricing. I called last week to see if he could roll over my playoff refund into the payment plan, and he said he couldn't do it yet.

Today I emailed him, and he said he'll get it done. He processed the renewal supposedly, but it charged my credit card which put my credit card in overdraft. My playoff tickets refund more than would of covered my first installment, with some leftover for the second payment. I still am in limbo to what is going on, as my credit card is showing a pending payment, but I don't see any renewal in my account manager. This is very frustrating for me, and I am close to telling them I don't want my 6 seats anymore - they would be losing a $2,500 a year customer. Does anyone have a contact email of someone at head office that can help. I have a feeling my account rep has no clue what they are doing.
    Call 416-360-GOAL (4625) and just hope your rep is not the one that picks up the phone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to mention, I didn't get any pressure to renew my light grey season seats. A small number of emails (max 2 or 3 over the whole renewal period), the physical letter that came quite late, that's it. No phone call or anything.

As I expected, they likely don't care if light grey season ticket holders don't renew. They figure they can resell those seats for more, at the new SSH price. They are likely right; but that way they also cannibalize sales of the more expensive seats.

Or maybe they're happy to open up some cheap seats for the displaced North Enders... I have a hard time imagining that they will ever fill up the new east stands, but the closed North End also helps with that I suppose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the physical letter late too, and I'm in medium grey. Somebody messed up there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the letter a day before the deadline, I renewed online on deadline day.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just contrast this to the Blue Jays - where I was refunded my outstanding playoff tickets to the World Series back to my credit card less than 2 days after I requested it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I got the physical letter late too, and I'm in medium grey. Somebody messed up there.
    No phone calls either, or excessive email reminders? I remember in previous seasons they often made a big deal about the renewal deadline, with Aron Winter & many other TFC management folks over the years even calling people to renew.

I wonder what renewals will be like overall...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't even got the letter yet (renewed day before deadline).

I've heard they significantly downsized the whole marketing side at TFC since last year, so presumably they are capable of a lot less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refund finally came in this morning for the playoff tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOHH View Post
    Refund finally came in this morning for the playoff tickets

Yup, got mine too. Considered applying it to my seasons for all of five minutes, then, thought screw them. Why give them the extra money early?!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No refund yet. Maybe we could have a paper bag icon.